Mandalorian

Stoney

From what I've seen I'd give it a try.  I don't have netflix, but I hope to watch it on YouTube.  If it doesn't grab me after two episodes then I'm done.  I have liked watching some of the Kobra Kai on netflix, and it's still as cheesy as The Karate Kid was.  

On 11/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, Stoney said:

Loved the original Star Wars, not so much the prequels. I’m not watching the Disney girl power Star Wars. Should I skip the Mandalorian or give it a try?

Like I said on Twitter, it's comparable to the original triology. It's got the same rough "lived in" feel. It doesn't hit you over the head with the story, but the action unfolds gradually. 

Minimal dialogue and exposition. Not all fancy bells and whistles and magical Mary Sues. Basically a Sergio Leone spaghetti western in space. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, DaveTV1 said:

From what I've seen I'd give it a try.  I don't have netflix, but I hope to watch it on YouTube.  If it doesn't grab me after two episodes then I'm done.  I have liked watching some of the Kobra Kai on netflix, and it's still as cheesy as The Karate Kid was.  

Half way through the first episode and I like it. It’s a little slow building up the story. There’s some strong space western vibes but none of “The Force” goofiness to get in the way of it so far. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, Stoney said:

Half way through the first episode and I like it. It’s a little slow building up the story. There’s some strong space western vibes but none of “The Force” goofiness to get in the way of it so far. 

Hey, I like the force.  It's similar to if you have the faith of a mustard seed you can move a mountain or a X-Wing out the swamp on Dagobah. I have seen how faith works much as the force does.  So I don't see it as hokey or goofy.  I've been seeing a lot of stuff about the Baby Yoda, but he has a race, and Yoda doesn't.  So the force may come into play later.   I haven't yet decided to purchase Disney Plus, because  of their disclaimers on old Disney movies that they have made for the PC crowd.  I watch movies for entertainment, and not how a race or people are depicted in the movie.  I have seen evil on both sides, and those stereotypes do not concern me.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

I caught up with all 4 episodes that are out. I honestly don’t know where this story is leading. I  mean I like it but I’m curious to see what the big picture is going to be. 

See, that's the thing I probably like the most about this series. I haven't felt this kind of anxious mystery about the saga since I was a kid. 

Who even is the Mandalorian? What is the new Imperial guy's game? Why do they want Baby Yoda so bad? How is Mando gonna escape not only the countless stream of bounty hunters now chasing him, but the big baddie behind the scenes (because there always is one)? 

It's all very intriguing, and I too can only wonder how it's gonna come together. That's worth the pittance that Disney+ costs, if nothing else. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

See, that's the thing I probably like the most about this series. I haven't felt this kind of anxious mystery about the saga since I was a kid. 

Who even is the Mandalorian? What is the new Imperial guy's game? Why do they want Baby Yoda so bad? How is Mando gonna escape not only the countless stream of bounty hunters now chasing him, but the big baddie behind the scenes (because there always is one)? 

It's all very intriguing, and I too can only wonder how it's gonna come together. That's worth the pittance that Disney+ costs, if nothing else. 

It’s been a pretty good slow burn. We’ve got enough bits and pieces to move the story along but they haven’t come out full bore with the whole story. That’s a refreshing take on a story. Nowadays you would know in the whole first five minutes that this is the bad guy, this is the good guy and here’s the plot. There’s so many ways that this story could go. You have the Empire. You have the Force. Is it that epic or is it something smaller in scope?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Saw a meme that said Mandalorians are just space Texans.....lol

The armor must be the rawhide for his chaps, duster, reins, and saddle but in the past since it's still a long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Love cobra kai!  Just started watching the other day and am almost done with 1st season.  I love johnny!  He's hillarious.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Love cobra kai!  Just started watching the other day and am almost done with 1st season.  I love johnny!  He's hillarious.

I hate him back in the 80's.  It seemed like he was the bully in almost every teen flick back then.   Some of those movies were "Just One of the Guys", "European Vacation" , and "Back to School".  Then it seemed like he fell off the screen in the 90's.  I just looked him up, and people would hassle him in public, because of his screen characters.  He has a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do.    

43 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I hate him back in the 80's.  It seemed like he was the bully in almost every teen flick back then.   Some of those movies were "Just One of the Guys", "European Vacation" , and "Back to School".  Then it seemed like he fell off the screen in the 90's.  I just looked him up, and people would hassle him in public, because of his screen characters.  He has a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do.    

He's pretty empathetic in cobra kai,  at least to me.  Yes,  he was the poster child for bullies back in the 80's,  but in cobra kai he's the one helping to teach kids who have been bullied how to fight back,  at least thus far.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread,  I just started watching cobra kai the other day and love it.

Edited by DAWG91

• 1 year later...

Every galaxy has an underworld. Experience the new trailer for The Book of Boba Fett. The Original Series starts streaming December 29 on Disney Plus.

“The Book of Boba Fett,” a thrilling Star Wars adventure teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.

“The Book of Boba Fett” stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen. Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Robert Rodriguez, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson are the executive producers. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck serve as co-executive producers, with John Bartnicki producing and John Hampian as co-producer.

Twitter:  @StarWars, @DisneyPlus, @BobaFett 
Facebook: @StarWars, @DisneyPlus
Instagram: @StarWars, @DisneyPlus, @TheBookOfBobaFett