La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Argyle comes out in a different set than I've seen all season and immediately takes the starch out of what the offense is comfortable doing.  They go 3 and out and then Merka punts it low into the helmet of his own lineman.......it careens backward out of the endzone for a safety.  Then the Free kick gives LV the ball on the Argyle 49 with a high "pooch kick"? Why a pooch kick on a free kick from your own 20???   Argyle has people on defense that haven't started all season......many underclassmen.......why???  The Argyle D-line looks like soup.  This game is OVER before it got started.  I've seen lots of Argyle football and NEVER have I seen such a pourous D from Argyle.......never.  Then they have Hogeboom running the ball on keepers 3 straight downs.......he ain't no runner.  Just very unusual play calling and not letting the players what they are accustomed to doing all season.  You cannot expect Argyle's offense to overcome this kind of deficit against a good LV defense with such a lackluster Argyle defense out there tonight.

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

Argyle comes out in a different set than I've seen all season and immediately takes the starch out of what the offense is comfortable doing.  They go 3 and out and then Merka punts it low into the helmet of his own lineman.......it careens backward out of the endzone for a safety.  Then the Free kick gives LV the ball on the Argyle 49 with a high "pooch kick"? Why a pooch kick on a free kick from your own 20???   Argyle has people on defense that haven't started all season......many underclassmen.......why???  The Argyle D-line looks like soup.  This game is OVER before it got started.  I've seen lots of Argyle football and NEVER have I seen such a pourous D from Argyle.......never.  Then they have Hogeboom running the ball on keepers 3 straight downs.......he ain't no runner.  Just very unusual play calling and not letting the players do what they are accustomed to doing all season.  You cannot expect Argyle's offense to overcome this kind of deficit against a good LV defense with such a lackluster Argyle defense out there tonight.

Going just the way I thought it would go, Stephenville lived up to there part and Brownwood having 5 players injured gave argyle the win and now La Vega doing there part, 31 TO 13 AT HALFTIME, , I hope hogaboom is not hurt too bad, but what I'm thinking is why is argyle running so much ? I thought they would pass and make this game close, of course its not over yet.

Needless to say this is all unexpected to the Argyle faithful, for sure.  They are not watching the same team they were earlier in the season.  I don't know what happened internally, but something's gone awry for sure.  Lots of new faces playing this week that were bench players the whole season.  One guy came up from JV and is starting in the secondary......he's only a freshman.......kinda unbelievable!!  Oh well........they are the ones that have to look into the mirror in the morning, not me.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

It's on NFHS right now.....I've got it tuned in LIVE with the bands playing their school songs.  Get the monthly pass for $10.99......then unsubscribe after the SC title game in a couple of weeks.

That is where I am watching it but thank you for answering me., I thought it would be a closer game, not 31 to 13 Vega at half lol.

You and Me and a whole lot of other people.  Just a wasted situation really.  But it's just like I said earlier.......in a big game like this sometimes these games can go a whole different direction......and that is exactly what happened here from the first series of this game.  Now it's gotten out of hand and out of kilter for a good football game.  There is no way the Argyle defense can hold LV's multi-offense in check while the Argyle offense tries to put up points on the board to close the gap......no way Jose.

14 minutes ago, covercity said:

Going just the way I thought it would go, Stephenville lived up to there part and Brownwood having 5 players injured gave argyle the win and now La Vega doing there part, 31 TO 13 AT HALFTIME, , I hope hogaboom is not hurt too bad, but what I'm thinking is why is argyle running so much ? I thought they would pass and make this game close, of course its not over yet.

Yes I am quoting myself, if Brownwood had the same team when they played Vega, argyle would not have been in this game, La Vega offense only scored 24 points against Brownwood's defense.

4 minutes ago, SoutheastTX said:

Ever see an empty beer can rolling across the interstate , then an 18 wheeler flattens it flatter than a piece of paper? LV scores EFFORTLESSLY on first drive of 2 nd half. 38-13. 

Damn.

5 minutes ago, covercity said:

Yes I am quoting myself, if Brownwood had the same team when they played Vega, argyle would not have been in this game, La Vega offense only scored 24 points against Brownwood's defense.

Brownwood lost to Argyle with the team they fielded.......just like Argyle will lose this game with the team they fielded.  That's just the way it goes in football at this level.......in high school sports injuries and depth play a bigger role than at the higher levels.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Brownwood lost to Argyle with the team they fielded.......just like Argyle will lose this game with the team they fielded.  That's just the way it goes in football at this level.......in high school sports injuries and depth play a bigger role than at the higher levels.

That is true, you never know what's going to happen when it comes to high school football.

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

IF you are watching this game LIVE on NFHS network......you can switch over to any number of games being carried on Texan Live tonight, including Carthage vs Heritage which is 17-7 at halftime now.

cool I cant find how to do that yet