Groveton vs San Augustine - 2A Div 1 Regional Final

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Groveton or SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Well as predicted SA makes it back to regionals. Been favored all year and they’ll be favored this game. Personally I’m rooting for SA because they are gonna be the best representation of our region. Grovetons offense seemed way too reliant on Stuebing tucking it and running it. He’s a heck of an athlete and he’s had a good line in front of him. Got em back to this point. SA from what I hear has the total package and facing them is like picking your own poison. 

I say SA wins this one by a large margin

• Like 1

It’s hard to beat a good team twice in one year. I hope our players are ready for a war this week. It’ll take a team effort to derail them Injuns this late in the year or perhaps Alto, Harleton and Joaquin were overrated and SA rolls in this one. We shall see Friday night. I think it’s probably a little bit of both. 

2 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

It’s hard to beat a good team twice in one year. I hope our players are ready for a war this week. It’ll take a team effort to derail them Injuns this late in the year or perhaps Alto, Harleton and Joaquin were overrated and SA rolls in this one. We shall see Friday night. I think it’s probably a little bit of both. 

Y'all have a disciplined, well coached, team oriented, driven group, who likes nothing better than keeping the score keeper busy and does a good job at doing so. It will take some turnovers from SA, none by Groveton and a great game plan on both sides of the ball and an outbreak of turf toe in San Augustine and maybe Groveton can win... But again Groveton can win.. Congratulations on the district that was overlooked to being the only ones in the state playing for a regional Championship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, footballfiend said:

Not trying to look ahead of this game but Refugio just made a tremendous comeback on Shiner to win 45-43 and so the winner of this game will take on Holland or Refugio and me personally would love to see that SA/Refugio match up, so I’m hoping Wolves take care of business.

That's a rematch I'm hoping to see too.  SA has a big mountain in front of them if they're going to break the curse.  Refugio was incredible in that comeback.  They've played much tougher competition than SA has seen this year. Still not counting out Holland as they've also had a great year.

5 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

That's a rematch I'm hoping to see too.  SA has a big mountain in front of them if they're going to break the curse.  Refugio was incredible in that comeback.  They've played much tougher competition than SA has seen this year. Still not counting out Holland as they've also had a great year.

No doubt Ride, but we’ve got our hands full this week and so does Refugio. I assure you Murr and crew aren’t preparing for Refugio this week and I bet them Bobcats are busy tryin to figure out who these Hollanders are. I’d love to see a rematch too, but we both gotta get there. My hats off to Refugio on the win last night. Refugio and December football are synonymous with each other and there’s a good reason for that. We played a good game last night and were more disciplined than we have been in the playoffs. Congrats to the coaches and players one heck of a performance. No go scalp them Injuns. 

I think Groveton is tons better than earlier when they played SA. SA could be better too but who knows? How does this one turn out? Good question. Why does the boy's bicycle have that danged bar? If you're traveling the speed of light and turn on your headlight what would happen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

No doubt Ride, but we’ve got our hands full this week and so does Refugio. I assure you Murr and crew aren’t preparing for Refugio this week and I bet them Bobcats are busy tryin to figure out who these Hollanders are. I’d love to see a rematch too, but we both gotta get there. My hats off to Refugio on the win last night. Refugio and December football are synonymous with each other and there’s a good reason for that. We played a good game last night and were more disciplined than we have been in the playoffs. Congrats to the coaches and players one heck of a performance. No go scalp them Injuns. 

Very well said wolfpack76 .  I've seen Holland twice this year.  The only way Holland beats Refugio is by playing a near perfect game and Refugio imploding.  It could happen and I will certainly be there to see it if it does.  I hope to see the SA vs Refugio rematch.  If you haven't done so, it's worth paying the $10 to watch even just the last quarter of that Refugio/Shiner game on TexanLive.

34 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Very well said wolfpack76 .  I've seen Holland twice this year.  The only way Holland beats Refugio is by playing a near perfect game and Refugio imploding.  It could happen and I will certainly be there to see it if it does.  I hope to see the SA vs Refugio rematch.  If you haven't done so, it's worth paying the $10 to watch even just the last quarter of that Refugio/Shiner game on TexanLive.

I did it and that was impressive!!! Talk about kids that just don’t know how to quit

47 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

That was one of the craziest/best games I’ve ever seen. I would’ve loved to be in the stadium for that one 

13 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

Alto was overrated.  Harleton had one good player.  Joaquin wasnt deep enough.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Alto was overrated.  Harleton had one good player.  Joaquin wasnt deep enough.  

Well Wolfman, either way who had SA and Groveton in the regional finals in their bracket when the playoffs started? Not many I know had Groveton picked. Neither Team has really had a close game throughout the playoffs. Rematch games, especially this late in the year are hard to gauge. I think if Groveton can maintain the pressure on SA and not spot a few pick 6s it could be interesting. I do look for it to be a fairly high scoring game. 

6 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

Well Wolfman, either way who had SA and Groveton in the regional finals in their bracket when the playoffs started? Not many I know had Groveton picked. Neither Team has really had a close game throughout the playoffs. Rematch games, especially this late in the year are hard to gauge. I think if Groveton can maintain the pressure on SA and not spot a few pick 6s it could be interesting. I do look for it to be a fairly high scoring game. 

I had it either groveton or alto. I thought those two would play a really close game and it be a possession difference on who would move on. I think Groveton has a chance in this game but they will have to play mistake free. I think SA pulls it out by 10 but groveton has been underestimated all year. 

Just now, Bigj47 said:

Eagleborn shows your lack of knowledge. He lives in SA. All his life. Went to school in Center. I know his family well. Btw hes a good player but idk about the best. SA has alot of play makers..

My bad. I didn’t know he’s been playing for SA this whole time. Must be another dude that’s been playing at Center. 

Hope you can accept my apologies. And apologize to his family as well for me since you know the well. 

🙄

• LOL! 2