Groveton vs San Augustine - 2A Div 1 Regional Final

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Groveton or SA

This poll is closed to new votes

45 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

Come on blue y’all always say that. It’s the story line to any Joaquin loss

While we have been decimated by injuries in past years this year we where fairly healthy. Ask anyone and we’ll tell you we just had nothing left in the tank vs Groveton 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

55 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

Come on blue y’all always say that. It’s the story line to any Joaquin loss

I don’t recall anyone saying injuries were the reason for the loss to Groveton. I don’t know that having our leading rusher on the field would or would not have made a difference. We made mistakes that you can’t make in the third round of the playoffs. If SA does that tomorrow night they’ll be going home too. 

• Stinks 1

20 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t recall anyone saying injuries were the reason for the loss to Groveton. I don’t know that having our leading rusher on the field would or would not have made a difference. We made mistakes that you can’t make in the third round of the playoffs. If SA does that tomorrow night they’ll be going home too. 

I’ll go back and find the post unless they’ve been deleted. You boys are something else 

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

While we have been decimated by injuries in past years this year we where fairly healthy. Ask anyone and we’ll tell you we just had nothing left in the tank vs Groveton 

Groveton has a few things go there way, Joaquin didn't. It was pretty obvious to me that the coaches were trying to piece a game plan together on the fly during the game. You can't ever tell how a player or team is going to perform after an injuries, especially in small school ball. Not only were y'all missing a key player but playing with several who were not at 100%. JMO.. I was very impressed with what I saw from Joaquin none the less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reddog92 said:

Groveton has a few things go there way, Joaquin didn't. It was pretty obvious to me that the coaches were trying to piece a game plan together on the fly during the game. You can't ever tell how a player or team is going to perform after an injuries, especially in small school ball. Not only were y'all missing a key player but playing with several who were not at 100%. JMO.. I was very impressed with what I saw from Joaquin none the less.

Pretty spot on. Had somewhat of a plan together and then 7 went down. That only left 8 to carry the load. Had a lineman go out too. We need at least 2 good backs so we can attack left and right. There were 170 plays and Joe ran 57 on offense. It wasn’t Joe’s offense that lost the game. It was the fact that we couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. Blown assignments on defense but Groveton causes that by alignment and motion. They were dictating terms for sure

Having seen SA on film vs Garrison, Groveton and Shelbyville, I’ll say this. They have as complete a football team as we’ve seen in East Texas AA ball in some time. I think they have the best chance yet to get over the Region 4 curse and win it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

I don’t think either of us was born the last time joe beat SA

Ohhhhh let me tell you a story... the year was 2010. The Wolves led the Rams 32-6 at halftime. The rams battled back and won 40-38. It was my senior year. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, wolfpack76 said:

I don’t think either of us was born the last time joe beat SA

I know you’re very immature, but I’m quite certain you were born prior to the 2016 game at Ram Stadium. Truthfully, in this century, the Wolfpack holds a 4-3 record vs the Rams. Wolfpack wins were in 2011 at SA, 2013 playoff game at Carthage, 2015 at Joaquin, and 2017 at SA. The Rams won in 2010 and 2016 at home, and in 2014 at SA. 

• Like 2