4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

If PG plays remotely like they did last night Gilmer wins. Cannot afford the penalties and turnovers, and hope to survive against Gilmer. That said, you have to throw the ball well to beat PG. The Bush kid carried the offense on his back last night. He is exceptional,  but you cannot be one dimensional and expect to beat PG. 

1 hour ago, Unbiased1 said:

If PG plays remotely like they did last night Gilmer wins. Cannot afford the penalties and turnovers, and hope to survive against Gilmer. That said, you have to throw the ball well to beat PG. The Bush kid carried the offense on his back last night. He is exceptional,  but you cannot be one dimensional and expect to beat PG. 

Is gilmer one dimensional this year? 

Gonna be a great game between 2 powerhouses. I can't wait till Friday gets here. I'm sure this game will draw a large crowd to boot. I've already told the ole lady that we will be there when the gates open. 

We will have to play our best game and come out on a mission to beat PG. If we come out flat or play sloppy we are out. The Buckeyes are on a mission right now and the road leads through the Grove. To be the best you have to beat the best. They have earned that #1 seed and it's up to us to get it back.

Go Bux!!

• Like 1

This game maybe as big game we had against Carthage deep in heart of East Texas Lobo Stadium will be standing room only I believe kinda reminds me of that game Gilmer had against Gladewater that year went down too last second both teams will slug it out PG is on mission prove they are #1 for reason now Gilmer they trying retake what use be there's road use too go thru them in this Region man how things have changed just couple years best believe BEASTTEXAS SHOWDOWN NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT CAN'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS I think PG win this pulling away late like they did when we played earlier this year 

• Like 1

Gilmer came away from the first game with some confidence that they could play with PG. They got what they wanted, a rematch. Now can they turn that confidence into belief that they can beat PG?

It will take their best game this year but I believe they have figured out what they are as a team and will get it done. 

The 5 year streak lives on one more week!

5 minutes ago, LOBOBUCKEYE said:

I hope this 70 degree weather last through the game friday night!!!

Yeah 10 day forecast is showing 63/46 so it shouldn't be too cold anyways. As long as it's not freezing or raining I'm happy lol. Going to be a great atmosphere Friday Night!

• Like 1

Saw the Gilmer game on NFHS tape this morning.......was very impressed with their team this season against a high quality opponent with some excellent RB's and speed.  I've got Gilmer in this one.......they seem to be primed and ready now to reassert themselves as the team to beat.  Should be tons of fans wanting to see this one.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ronnyham said:

Is gilmer one dimensional this year? 

Pretty much...if we had anyone that could catch the ball, we would pass more...that said, we could run the ball...Pleasant Grove will not be any surprise...it is very hard to beat a good team twice in the same season...smash mouth & in your grill...it will be the game to see

• Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

Pretty much...if we had anyone that could catch the ball, we would pass more...that said, we could run the ball...Pleasant Grove will not be any surprise...it is very hard to beat a good team twice in the same season...smash mouth & in your grill...it will be the game to see

We have plenty guys that can catch the ball. And two qbs that can throw the ball. We had no real need to throw the ball mucj Friday night and the passes that we did throw was about 90% caught. 

• Like 1