4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

Pg has beat us in one way the past 3 times.  #pass that’s on us. Take away the pass that we seem to forget about and the very first time they beat us in gilmer they don’t beat us. The 3 big passes against us in the regular season this year don’t get made they done beat us. They have a good team but I will not say they put talent is cause they don’t. Love our staff but we got out staffed and this game Friday will weigh very heavy on that. Our staff is coming for the win this week and that they shall have. A lot of people give credit in other places on pg team but the main credit goes to the qb. He is a reading machine. That’s the only way that wingt offense can be effective 

4 hours ago, poisoned10 said:

My only concern with using the same game plan is they will be spending this week expecting us to do it again and game planning against it. 

Hopefully Gilmer is game planning for them to game plan our last game plan and can counter their game plan with a new game plan.

Surely that’s not your only concern though? 

2 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Pg has beat us in one way the past 3 times.  #pass that’s on us. Take away the pass that we seem to forget about and the very first time they beat us in gilmer they don’t beat us. The 3 big passes against us in the regular season this year don’t get made they done beat us. They have a good team but I will not say they put talent is cause they don’t. Love our staff but we got out staffed and this game Friday will weigh very heavy on that. Our staff is coming for the win this week and that they shall have. A lot of people give credit in other places on pg team but the main credit goes to the qb. He is a reading machine. That’s the only way that wingt offense can be effective 

That’s easier said than done. You sell out to stop the run then all the sudden they pass, catches teams off guard.  Hadn’t been but about 3 teams the last 3 years figure out how to stop that. 

6 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

That’s easier said than done. You sell out to stop the run then all the sudden they pass, catches teams off guard.  Hadn’t been but about 3 teams the last 3 years figure out how to stop that. 

Not really.  I could see that if the guys was actually contested on those said passes but they weren’t. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Gilmer will not see the same look or Game plan from PG that they did in the season. That's why PG was able to put 56 points on Gilmer last year in the playoffs but barely beat them in the Regular season. You can expect the unexpected. 

35 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Gilmer will not see the same look or Game plan from PG that they did in the season. That's why PG was able to put 56 points on Gilmer last year in the playoffs but barely beat them in the Regular season. You can expect the unexpected. 

Neither will gilmer lol. I just don’t understand really how pleasant grove fans seem to think gilmer is dumb. 🤷🏾‍♂️  All of pg fans think gilmer is a pushover lol can’t wait til Friday night. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Neither will gilmer lol. I just don’t understand really how pleasant grove fans seem to think gilmer is dumb. 🤷🏾‍♂️  All of pg fans think gilmer is a pushover lol can’t wait til Friday night. 

No one thinks Gilmer is a pushover - we just believe that this year PG is better.  Gilmer has a chance to win, sure - but if both teams play their best and make no mistakes - PG wins.  I think next year may be different - but this year PG is just better.

NOW - if PG does not play its best or makes some mistakes - then Gilmer is going to capitalize and could win.  But it's going to take them playing their best and PG making mistakes.

And finally - the difference between the two teams is very narrow.  But across the board, PG is a little better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

No one thinks Gilmer is a pushover - we just believe that this year PG is better.  Gilmer has a chance to win, sure - but if both teams play their best and make no mistakes - PG wins.  I think next year may be different - but this year PG is just better.

NOW - if PG does not play its best or makes some mistakes - then Gilmer is going to capitalize and could win.  But it's going to take them playing their best and PG making mistakes.

And finally - the difference between the two teams is very narrow.  But across the board, PG is a little better.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The first game was closer than the final score indicated. PG raced out to a  nice lead, but Gilmer battled back to make it close at the half. PG adjusted and came out doing what PG does. Gilmer can't give up the big pass play that PG always seems to make at the right time, avoid turnovers, and trust what got them here. PG will do what they always do, so adjustments will be big in this game for both teams. It's going to be packed, and I believe a great game! Give me Gilmer in a close one...

• Like 1

I think if they play like they did agantist Sunnyvale, then I feel PG will lose almost certainly. If both teams play their best like both programs usually do, this game won’t pass 2 scores regardless of who wins, I’ll take PG 28-21.

49 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Whoa! Calm down. Not sure how my comment insinuated that Gilmer is Dumb. For the record: Gilmer is and has been a premier football program. This will not be a cakewalk for either team. Also for the record PG is ranked #1 for a reason. I'm glad your confident in your team as you should be but make no mistake, this will be by far the biggest challenge Gilmer has faced since the previous game with PG. I cant wait for Friday also.

Let me get this straight..... PG is just plain better, and the only way Gilmer wins is "if" the Hawks make mistakes?  You do realize that Gilmer made a LOT of mistakes in the first meeting, right?  Three turnovers, completely blown coverages, an unforced dropped ball just before entering the end zone, and penalties.

I think if both teams play perfect, which will never happen, this game would likely be a toss-up.  The Buckeyes just need to play better than the Hawks this Friday night.  "IF" we win, it will have to be earned for sure, and the same can be said about PG.  Last year, PG was definitely a lot better.  This year, they're VERY close, in my opinion.

The only thing I know for sure is we will be ready.  We are certainly more mature this year, and have a better chance for a victory than we have had in the last 3 meetings.  I want a win more than anything.  I want us to get back to playing real Buckeye football.  It starts this Friday night.  Go Buckeyes!  REFUSE TO LOSE!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Whoa! Calm down. Not sure how my comment insinuated that Gilmer is Dumb. For the record: Gilmer is and has been a premier football program. This will not be a cakewalk for either team. Also for the record PG is ranked #1 for a reason. I'm glad your confident in your team as you should be but make no mistake, this will be by far the biggest challenge Gilmer has faced since the previous game with PG. I cant wait for Friday also.

True you guys are ranked number 1 and wc was ranked #2 and I think gilmer #6 but we still here 🤷🏾‍♂️ Right? But you don’t hear gilmer fans really say they are better we just say we coming for the win. Lol

16 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Let me get this straight..... PG is just plain better, and the only way Gilmer wins is "if" the Hawks make mistakes?  You do realize that Gilmer made a LOT of mistakes in the first meeting, right?  Three turnovers, completely blown coverages, an unforced dropped ball just before entering the end zone, and penalties.

I think if both teams play perfect, which will never happen, this game would likely be a toss-up.  The Buckeyes just need to play better than the Hawks this Friday night.  "IF" we win, it will have to be earned for sure, and the same can be said about PG.  Last year, PG was definitely a lot better.  This year, they're VERY close, in my opinion.

The only thing I know for sure is we will be ready.  We are certainly more mature this year, and have a better chance for a victory than we have had in the last 3 meetings.  I want a win more than anything.  I want us to get back to playing real Buckeye football.  It starts this Friday night.  Go Buckeyes!  REFUSE TO LOSE!

If Gilmer is probably the 2nd best team in 4AD2 and PG is the best - then PG is just better.  It is no slight to Gilmer.  

But look at it this way:

QB - PG

RB - PG

WR - Wash

OL- PG

DL- PG

LB-PG

DB-PG 

Special Teams- PG

maybe an argument can be made that Gilmer has a group that is a wash with PG - then ok - but no realistic argument can be made that any unit is better than PG.

As good as Gilmer is and has been this year, PG is just a little bit better across the board.  That's why PG has won the last 4 meetings and blew out Gilmer in last year's playoffs.

Not completely disagreeing with you about the match up advantages, but it's really hard to make some of those comparisons when we are making so many mistakes.  We've cut our mistakes down a bunch since our last meeting.  I'm hoping that trend continues, because if it does, the Buckeyes can definitely win this one.  That's just my opinion.  I don't expect you, or anybody else, to agree.  Last year?  I knew we wasn't even close.  This year?  We are.

24 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

If Gilmer is probably the 2nd best team in 4AD2 and PG is the best - then PG is just better.  It is no slight to Gilmer.  

But look at it this way:

QB - PG

RB - PG

WR - Wash

OL- PG

DL- PG

LB-PG

DB-PG 

Special Teams- PG

maybe an argument can be made that Gilmer has a group that is a wash with PG - then ok - but no realistic argument can be made that any unit is better than PG.

As good as Gilmer is and has been this year, PG is just a little bit better across the board.  That's why PG has won the last 4 meetings and blew out Gilmer in last year's playoffs.

I’ll give you everything you just said since you going by statistic thst of which can get you beat. Let’s not forget pg got beat by one guy in state last year. I believe his name was Jordan. And I’m pretty sure not all but most positions you named are seniors. So they well in reason should be. 

8 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

The reason Gilmer struggles with pass protection against PG probably has a lot to do with the relentless ground game from PG. Lets not ignore the 307 rushing yrds PG put on Gilmer last year in the playoffs. 

What college did number 33 from last year go to?