PantherNation2015

Midlothian Heritage vs Carthage  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Midlothian Heritage
    • Carthage

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Not completely false... look at their 3 losses this year and who they are to and compare to last years schedule.  And one of those “4 losses” was a forfeit that they won.

So they have 3 D1 recievers this year AND a better QB. So this is based on a scrimmage? 

16 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seeing them up close in our scrimmage, I’d say absolutely.  That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.

better individual talent last year, better team this year.

I watched this team play Henderson at Rose Stadium a couple of weeks ago. I left early thinking Henderson had this game in the bag. I watched Carthage play last week at Rose Stadium. Carthage by at least 3 tds. What the hell Carthage by 4 tds and that's being generous to Heritage. This game shouldn't be close at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

Come on guys...He was meaning to quote MavGrad99 and ask "where are they better?"

I’m watching the 2018 C vs MH game now.  No player on the current MH roster is as athletic and explosive as #88 last year.  Not even close.  And I don’t think it’s a fair comparison between the current QB and #12 last year. He was a 3 year starter with over 40 games of varsity experience.  He was a really good QB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m watching the 2018 C vs MH game now.  No player on the current MH roster is as athletic and explosive as #88 last year.  Not even close.  And I don’t think it’s a fair comparison between the current QB and #12 last year. He was a 3 year starter with over 40 games of varsity experience.  He was a really good QB.

Exactly. No way that guy can be serious. What could he have possibly seen in a scrimmage to make him say that? 

12 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Exactly. No way that guy can be serious. What could he have possibly seen in a scrimmage to make him say that? 

Must have amazing eye for talent to evaluate a scrimmage. Coaches hardly play the starters and keeps the offense very vanilla.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I think what Mav was maybe getting at Is the team chemistry is better this year vs last year.  Less superstars and more Jimmy’s and Joe’s.  I can see that.  But I think Carthage has more talented Jimmy’s and Joe’s and that will be the difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I think what Mav was maybe getting at Is the team chemistry is better this year vs last year.  Less superstars and more Jimmy’s and Joe’s.  I can see that.  But I think Carthage has more talented Jimmy’s and Joe’s and that will be the difference.

Sounds accurate. He does seem to know a lot so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

41 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I get what you're saying but he's basing this on a scrimmage. Lol

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I get what you're saying but he's basing this on a scrimmage. Lol

“That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.“  I think he is putting a lot of emphasis on the opinions of “their people” too.

21 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seeing them up close in our scrimmage, I’d say absolutely.  That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.

better individual talent last year, better team this year.

Whew, wow, how? I watched highlights of them and am not as concerned this year as I was going into last year’s game.

We’ll see though! The games are played for a reason.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

“That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.“  I think he is putting a lot of emphasis on the opinions of “their people” too.

Finally someone who can comprehend a full sentence and not just the parts they want to see!

here is are some quotes I got from a friend of mine in heritage.  “We aren’t as talented individually.  However, compared to last year we tackle as a team and play way better defense.  Our offense still ticks just not as explosive.”  This guy is a season ticket holder and nothing more.  I didn’t bother Greg, their AT, this week because the playoffs are busy times when our teams are still playing.