BearFan13

Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Pottsboro
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I can get on board with this! I havent seen much of Pottsboro, but I'm glad our common opponents think we should win.... Cant wait for the game! 

They about like us. Probably a little better running game. They take what the defense gives them and don’t take many chances. Once they get close enough they will take a chance throwing a jump ball to their tall receivers. They are well coached and play well. 

I think Gladewater wins but can’t afford to start slow in this one. 

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

They about like us. Probably a little better running game. They take what the defense gives them and don’t take many chances. Once they get close enough they will take a chance throwing a jump ball to their tall receivers. They are well coached and play well. 

I think Gladewater wins but can’t afford to start slow in this one. 

How is their defense? they have size or speed inside/outside?

55 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Very disciplined and well coached from what I can tell. I don’t think they are bigger than anyone we have played and speed doesn’t jump out at you either. But they appear to always be in the right places. Looks like a true team defense. 

4 hours ago, bearnation said:

Pretty good. We had our best passing game of them season even with a couple interceptions. If y’all get creative running routes DJ will be open deep a lot. 

28 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Pretty good. We had our best passing game of them season even with a couple interceptions. If y’all get creative running routes DJ will be open deep a lot. 

We have started moving DJ around a bit on offense, using scheme to get him the ball often.... (as well as 1v1 with him just running past people).... DJ takes our offense to a whole other level.... Almost to the point of demanding a double team IMO which obv would benefit our running game

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

We have started moving DJ around a bit on offense, using scheme to get him the ball often.... (as well as 1v1 with him just running past people).... DJ takes our offense to a whole other level.... Almost to the point of demanding a double team IMO which obv would benefit our running game

Trust me I know. Seen it first hand...

He’s going to be something special the next two years. I also think that’s why GW offense is so difficult to defend right now. IF you double DJ, Robbie can beat one on one consistently or the running game is just going to gash you in chunks of yardage. I would do what previous teams have done which is gear up to stop the run first and just hope there’s an off night in the passing game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

He’s going to be something special the next two years. I also think that’s why GW offense is so difficult to defend right now. IF you double DJ, Robbie can beat one on one consistently or the running game is just going to gash you in chunks of yardage. I would do what previous teams have done which is gear up to stop the run first and just hope there’s an off night in the passing game. 

Key for GW is to connect all night passing the ball. That's where Pottsboro is weak at on defense is with their secondary. Pottsboro does a very good job finding routes in weak coverage. I don't think anybody will be able to stop their passing game but it can be slowed down. They'll get a few runs off but GW should be able to contain them. One thing that Pottsboro does well is not make mistakes and will capitalize on your mistakes if you make any. GW will have to come out playing hard and not let up at all.

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

Key for GW is to connect all night passing the ball. That's where Pottsboro is weak at on defense is with their secondary. Pottsboro does a very good job finding routes in weak coverage. I don't think anybody will be able to stop their passing game but it can be slowed down. They'll get a few runs off but GW should be able to contain them. One thing that Pottsboro does well is not make mistakes and will capitalize on your mistakes if you make any. GW will have to come out playing hard and not let up at all.

Absolutely. Well said 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

100% correct. I think Gladewater will need to capitalize on most possessions. Pottsboro will slow things down and chew up the clock.  If Gladewater can pressure the QB he is vulnerable to make a mistake or two.  

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

100% correct. I think Gladewater will need to capitalize on most possessions. Pottsboro will slow things down and chew up the clock.  If Gladewater can pressure the QB he is vulnerable to make a mistake or two.  

Is Pottsboro qb starting or their backup going to start? 

Guest Tiger03lb
29 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I have no idea. #4 played the entire game against us. 

He got knocked out of our game and the backup was in. Haven't heard if he was going to be back or not or why he was out. #9 and a linemen are questionable, game time decision. 

That one formation that GW ran against us was a thing of beauty. I-formation with 36, 12, and 8 back there. So many options off of that. Also lining 12 up in the slot creates a problem as well. The only thing I would add is to go 3 wide with either putting 12 in the slot on one side or 12 on the single side. Im not sure if yall ever went 3 wide against us or not but I think that could be deadly. 

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

That one formation that GW ran against us was a thing of beauty. I-formation with 36, 12, and 8 back there. So many options off of that. Also lining 12 up in the slot creates a problem as well. The only thing I would add is to go 3 wide with either putting 12 in the slot on one side or 12 on the single side. Im not sure if yall ever went 3 wide against us or not but I think that could be deadly. 

I had never seen that formation before and guarantee there’s so more options to it. DJ is playing a brand new position so it would make sense that they add wrinkles as he learns, but he just makes the offense so much more explosive.

think we only ran it once against you guys but we will also motion out #8 with #12 and #2 and leave #36 in at the fb position creating mismatches everywhere

5 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I had never seen that formation before and guarantee there’s so more options to it. DJ is playing a brand new position so it would make sense that they add wrinkles as he learns, but he just makes the offense so much more explosive.

think we only ran it once against you guys but we will also motion out #8 with #12 and #2 and leave #36 in at the fb position creating mismatches everywhere

I'd never seen us run that. I was like, "Where did that come from?". 😊

4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

It was awesome to see, very creative. If we hadn’t seen it then I know Winny was confused by the look. 

I believe the very first play of the game was out of that formation. You have the dive to 36, 12 actually came and cut the outside backer, 8 was there for the pitch but 6 kept it for the big gain. Excellent scheme.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

I believe the very first play of the game was out of that formation. You have the dive to 36, 12 actually came and cut the outside backer, 8 was there for the pitch but 6 kept it for the big gain. Excellent scheme.

any scheme that gets the ball to 12 (or #8) in open space is a good scheme....