Pottsboro vs. Gladewater - Regional Final

BearFan13

Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Pottsboro
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

I was reading some posts on the Southwest Friday Football app and they were a bit sour. The usual posts: the officals sucked, coach Berry doesn't know how to coach, these kids should be playing next weeks, etc. 

Still thinks its a bit of a punk move to put "District Champs" on their ball when they were Co-District champs... Same ol' Gladewater. 

Man, what a game. It still hurts that we lost that game but it will hurt for every team except one. We could sit here all day and say if this didnt happen this would of happened or if this happened this wouldnt of happened and so on and so on (like just doubling #32 and making somebody else beat us)..... BUT all that aside we had a chance to win the game, I loved the fact we went for the win, i HATE it for the kids we didnt convert, seemed like we had a guy WIDE OPEN too so lets not bash the play calling too much, execution is what matters. Pottsboro has some real playmakers and a real QB and like everybody else has said, they are extremely well coached. One day Bear fans, one day we will be champions -- until then we keep fighting, and keep supporting! GO BEARS! 

6 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Man, what a game. It still hurts that we lost that game but it will hurt for every team except one. We could sit here all day and say if this didnt happen this would of happened or if this happened this wouldnt of happened and so on and so on (like just doubling #32 and making somebody else beat us)..... BUT all that aside we had a chance to win the game, I loved the fact we went for the win, i HATE it for the kids we didnt convert, seemed like we had a guy WIDE OPEN too so lets not bash the play calling too much, execution is what matters. Pottsboro has some real playmakers and a real QB and like everybody else has said, they are extremely well coached. One day Bear fans, one day we will be champions -- until then we keep fighting, and keep supporting! GO BEARS! 

Well said. I’m already looking forward to next season. 

43 minutes ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

I was reading some posts on the Southwest Friday Football app and they were a bit sour. The usual posts: the officals sucked, coach Berry doesn't know how to coach, these kids should be playing next weeks, etc. 

Still thinks its a bit of a punk move to put "District Champs" on their ball when they were Co-District champs... Same ol' Gladewater. 

Nobody puts co champs on a trophy.  I know ours says District Champs

1 hour ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Who said fire berry? If anything there was a lot of congrats Pottsboro you guys were the better team tonight. I think we had the better team overall, but that doesn’t matter when it comes down to the playoffs 

19 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Who said fire berry? If anything there was a lot of congrats Pottsboro you guys were the better team tonight. I think we had the better team overall, but that doesn’t matter when it comes down to the playoffs 

A bunch of outsiders with no interest in either team were the ones questioning the play calling.  I don’t know if Pottsboro will win state but it would be nice to say we both lost out to the state champs. 

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

A bunch of outsiders with no interest in either team were the ones questioning the play calling.  I don’t know if Pottsboro will win state but it would be nice to say we both lost out to the state champs. 

It'd be nice to say we won state but i get what you mean 

2 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

I didn’t think we had trolls on Smoaky. Please post some of those posts here if you would. I didn’t see anyone from GLADEWATER saying any of those things. Everyone I’ve talked to thought our coaches did a great job and that the kids played their hearts out. We are all very proud of the kids and coaches.