Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Pottsboro
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb

5 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

I was reading some posts on the Southwest Friday Football app and they were a bit sour. The usual posts: the officals sucked, coach Berry doesn't know how to coach, these kids should be playing next weeks, etc. 

Still thinks its a bit of a punk move to put "District Champs" on their ball when they were Co-District champs... Same ol' Gladewater. 

I didn't see anybody from GW saying these things. A lot of GW posters from here were congratulating Pottsboro and Coach Berry. Now you seen a lot of other team's posters say some stuff. Even one from koff say it and well you seen what happened. 

I got to ask, why do you think it's a punk move on the district champs? Not trying to start anything, just want to hear your opinion.  

45 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I didn't see anybody from GW saying these things. A lot of GW posters from here were congratulating Pottsboro and Coach Berry. Now you seen a lot of other team's posters say some stuff. Even one from koff say it and well you seen what happened. 

I got to ask, why do you think it's a punk move on the district champs? Not trying to start anything, just want to hear your opinion.  

Especially when I saw posts on Sabine schools Facebook doing the same thing 😂 

Guest Tiger03lb
39 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Especially when I saw posts on Sabine schools Facebook doing the same thing 😂 

Dude, usually I'm mellow but him and 1stand10 got me going the whole week on that app. Lol

10 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Dude, usually I'm mellow but him and 1stand10 got me going the whole week on that app. Lol

I was done with them when they tried to trash our passing game. We moved the ball up and down the field at will. The costly mistakes are what hurt us. You can’t overcome them in most scenarios at this point of the season. Regardless it was a great ride and I hope the boys let this heartbreak type of a game to fuel the entire off season. I really believe once the growth happens up front on both sides of the ball  we are going to become a pretty salty squad. 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I was done with them when they tried to trash our passing game. We moved the ball up and down the field at will. The costly mistakes are what hurt us. You can’t overcome them in most scenarios at this point of the season. Regardless it was a great ride and I hope the boys let this heartbreak type of a game to fuel the entire off season. I really believe once the growth happens up front on both sides of the ball  we are going to become a pretty salty squad. 

Agreed. You guys were moving it for sure. Both teams made costly mistakes. You guys will be going for the next couple of years. I had it with them when that dude call Driskell a moron and then another poster was talking about his family after the game. That's why I was giving him hell. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Agreed. You guys were moving it for sure. Both teams made costly mistakes. You guys will be going for the next couple of years. I had it with them when that dude call Driskell a moron and then another poster was talking about his family after the game. That's why I was giving him hell. 

Their luck has to end soon or later right? 3 weeks in a row they easily could have lost. Like we said though they always seem to be in the right place at the right time to make a big play. 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Their luck has to end soon or later right? 3 weeks in a row they easily could have lost. Like we said though they always seem to be in the right place at the right time to make a big play. 

Idk, I'm not bragging right here, but since 15' whomever we lost to in the playoffs have either been state champs or runner up. If Brock is like they were last year, they will have their hands full. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Idk, I'm not bragging right here, but since 15' whomever we lost to in the playoffs have either been state champs or runner up. If Brock is like they were last year, they will have their hands full. 

I’m not trying to take anything away from them either. They are a good team. Actually a really good team. 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m not trying to take anything away from them either. They are a good team. Actually a really good team. 

Oh, I know. They play as a team, nothing really stands out, imo

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Pottsboros one of the most arrogant teams each year. I dislike a lot of teams around here when playing them, but there’s respect amongst a lot of teams around here. Some pottsboro fans over the years have always been arrogant. From their announcers being really true Homers to some of their fans being arrogant really makes you want to root for the other teams. I didn’t like Malakoffs announcers at first but have grown to like them after listening to a couple games. TBH I want Grandview, Brock, or Columbus to win it this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Pottsboros one of the most arrogant teams each year. I dislike a lot of teams around here when playing them, but there’s respect amongst a lot of teams around here. Some pottsboro fans over the years have always been arrogant. From their announcers being really true Homers to some of their fans being arrogant really makes you want to root for the other teams. I didn’t like Malakoffs announcers at first but have grown to like them after listening to a couple games. TBH I want Grandview, Brock, or Columbus to win it this year. 

Yeah the fan base #### for them. Good team though. Yeah, this is our first year with Malakoff sports network. I've only listen a couple of times due to not making it to a few games cause of work. Marcus is a hoot when he gets excited. Lol. Joey can be a homer at times. But over all really good guys. I honestly think GV will win it again this year

56 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

There are a few that were respectful but as a whole they were exactly that. I hope we see them again next year. It will be different ending !

8 hours ago, Bears36 said:

There was a lot of bad calls made against Gladewater that should not have been called. Some of the holding calls was made after they saw Cater had broke and was about to make a big play.  

Any bad calls against Pottsboro?

17 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Well if Sabine put district champs on theirs then I suppose it's not much of a punk move... Just error on my part. 

12 hours ago, Bears36 said:

I went back and look at the game. In all it was a really good game.  The only thing I wish we did different is ran between the tickles more with Devin and Malaki and look for the tight end more he was open all night long. 

I was fine with game plan. I just HATED the short pooch kick right before half. We had just scored not much time on the clock and we got the ball at half. Instead they start at their 40 and hit us with a deep pass. That’s a big point swing. Especially when we had kicked deep all night. 

5 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

I was fine with game plan. I just HATED the short pooch kick right before half. We had just scored not much time on the clock and we got the ball at half. Instead they start at their 40 and hit us with a deep pass. That’s a big point swing. Especially when we had kicked deep all night. 

I was ok with it. We have used that successfully this year and if it had worked we might have scored again before the half and the coaches would have looked like geniuses. Although it didn't work we still should have stopped them from moving down the field that quickly.  The bad thing about the kick was it went out of bounds and they tacked on the penalty from that spot. Gave them a shorter field but still far enough away for us to stop them. 

Same with the 2 point try at end of game. Jailyn was open in back of the endzone but either Tristan didn't see him or he couldn't get the pass over the defenders. That side was pretty clogged up. Pottsboro defended the play well. Bottom line is the coaches made the right decision to go for the 2 and we fought back the whole game to put ourselves in a situation to win at the end, we've done that all year. Looking at our losses (well except for PG) we had the chance at then end to win. Against Atlanta we had driven down the field and I had no doubt we would win. Well until the fumble. Mineola beat us with a field goal on last play. So this team could have easily had 1 loss this week and still be in the playoff. That's how close this year has been.

People on social media are going to say stupid things. Things they know nothing about. People trolling and trying to start stuff. Happens over all social media, but truth is they can bash the Bears, our coaches and our fans but they will never know who we really are. We will be back. We lose some outstanding players this year to graduation that will be hard to replace, but we have a lot of talented kids coming back and moving up. The future looks great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I was ok with it. We have used that successfully this year and if it had worked we might have scored again before the half and the coaches would have looked like geniuses. Although it didn't work we still should have stopped them from moving down the field that quickly.  The bad thing about the kick was it went out of bounds and they tacked on the penalty from that spot. Gave them a shorter field but still far enough away for us to stop them. 

Same with the 2 point try at end of game. Jailyn was open in back of the endzone but either Tristan didn't see him or he couldn't get the pass over the defenders. That side was pretty clogged up. Pottsboro defended the play well. Bottom line is the coaches made the right decision to go for the 2 and we fought back the whole game to put ourselves in a situation to win at the end, we've done that all year. Looking at our losses (well except for PG) we had the chance at then end to win. Against Atlanta we had driven down the field and I had no doubt we would win. Well until the fumble. Mineola beat us with a field goal on last play. So this team could have easily had 1 loss this week and still be in the playoff. That's how close this year has been.

People on social media are going to say stupid things. Things they know nothing about. People trolling and trying to start stuff. Happens over all social media, but truth is they can bash the Bears, our coaches and our fans but they will never know who we really are. We will be back. We lose some outstanding players this year to graduation that will be hard to replace, but we have a lot of talented kids coming back and moving up. The future looks great!

Well said! 

• Thanks 1

I was ok with going for two but think we could have ran the ball.  They did not stop the run all night.  We are a run first team.  That’s just my opinion. You have three running backs that can get you two yards.  We did not run the ball much in the red zone.  People will get mad at me about my opinion. But saying that we had a great year.  Hopefully we will make the big step next year.  

Guest Tiger03lb
13 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

I was ok with going for two but think we could have ran the ball.  They did not stop the run all night.  We are a run first team.  That’s just my opinion. You have three running backs that can get you two yards.  We did not run the ball much in the red zone.  People will get mad at me about my opinion. But saying that we had a great year.  Hopefully we will make the big step next year.  

I doubt it on here, unless you're being really unreasonable. It could have gone a hundred different ways and each one being a different outcome. Great season bears!