BearFan13

Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Pottsboro
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Bears36 said:

I was ok with going for two but think we could have ran the ball.  They did not stop the run all night.  We are a run first team.  That’s just my opinion. You have three running backs that can get you two yards.  We did not run the ball much in the red zone.  People will get mad at me about my opinion. But saying that we had a great year.  Hopefully we will make the big step next year.  

I agree. I was saying I hope we get the opportunity to go for two and the win as soon as overtime started because how well we were running the ball. There’s just too many things that can happen on a pass. Although, as GolfingNut stated earlier, play design was good and had #88 wide open. Especially tough since Gladewater has had some tough heartbreakers in the playoffs over the past years. Gilmer, Celina and now Pottsboro 

the bright side is I don’t think our offense scratched the surface of how good it can be. Defense is going to be hard to replace losing some key players, but I have faith in this team to have some great runs over next couple years

I was ok with going for two but think we could have ran the ball.  They did not stop the run all night.  We are a run first team.  That’s just my opinion. You have three running backs that can get you two yards.  We did not run the ball much in the red zone.  People will get mad at me about my opinion. But saying that we had a great year.  Hopefully we will make the big step next year.  

Actually we ran 20 times in the redzone and passed 5 times. 2 of those passes were 2 pt tries. One successful, one not. One pass was intercepted, one was for 4 yrds and the other one was the TD to Jailyn. 

Let me say this, if I had a son who was an outstanding player on this team like you do, I would want him to get the ball also. I felt that way last year when we played Malakoff. I thought in the 2nd half of that game we didn't use our 2600 yard RB enough. All that being said,  I'm not a coach. Maybe last Friday night when we went for 2 the coaches felt like Pottsboro would key on the run. As others have said Jailyn was open all night as well as on that 2 pt try. 

You can tell your son we are proud of him and what he did for this Bear team. I, for one, am thankful he will be back. 

To be honest I have never been a fan of the pass when it’s three yards are less to get a first down, touchdown or two point conversion. That’s in high school, college or the pros. I always felt that’s what a running back is for. They average 3 and 4yards a carry.  There was nothing wrong with the play call.  Jalen was wide open and if we would have made the two point conversion that would have been great. This still would have been my opinion. I am a fan of the run in short yardage. 

• Like 1

To be honest I have never been a fan of the pass when it’s three yards are less to get a first down, touchdown or two point conversion. That’s in high school, college or the pros. I always felt that’s what a running back is for. They average 3 and 4yards a carry.  There was nothing wrong with the play call.  Jalen was wide open and if we would have made the two point conversion that would have been great. This still would have been my opinion. I am a fan of the run in short yardage. 

There is nothing more beautiful than the well executed "dive" play. Most people that know me are convinced that's my favorite play. The reason I like it is because the success of the dive is won in the trenches. Strength against strength. Who wants it more. I love to watch the battle on the line. Line it up and go to battle. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. If I'm a coach with a 1st down inside the 10, I'm running the ball, especially with a Bear team. We have always had the talent to run the ball and over the years we have run it well. I've always loved the ground and pound game. No trick plays or fancy sets. Just get the ball to your back and see who has the best blocking and tackling. Might be boring to most in this day of the spread and the fancy Wing T, but I'd love it.

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

There is nothing more beautiful than the well executed "dive" play. Most people that know me are convinced that's my favorite play. The reason I like it is because the success of the dive is won in the trenches. Strength against strength. Who wants it more. I love to watch the battle on the line. Line it up and go to battle. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. If I'm a coach with a 1st down inside the 10, I'm running the ball, especially with a Bear team. We have always had the talent to run the ball and over the years we have run it well. I've always loved the ground and pound game. No trick plays or fancy sets. Just get the ball to your back and see who has the best blocking and tackling. Might be boring to most in this day of the spread and the fancy Wing T, but I'd love it.

I was hoping for the double reverse 😱

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Boy... this one still hurts lol. The count down for week one has started. I firmly believe this class will be able to bring that prestigious state championship home to gladewater in the next couple years. 

Agree