Who has best chance to win 3ad2 state championship   

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins 2019 3ad2 state championship

• Canadian (14-0)
    • Gunter (13-1)
    • Paul pewitt (13-1)
    • East bernard (14-0)

2 hours ago, jimmyw said:

I might be wrong but I believe that  the Blue Tigers or the Brahmas can beat EB. EB would rather play the Brahmas because both would be ground and pound  but I don't think EB is as good as last year. They are always physical but pretty much ground and pound between the tackles. I just don't see anyone beating Canadian, they are too balanced and they have a good defense,real solid . But who knows,I didn't think anyone could escape our defense and #3 sure did time and time again,plum hoodini  like.

I don’t know. According to some people in Region 3, Canadian is too slow for East Texas Speed (DF), and not physical enough to stop Pewitt’s ground and pound. If we are fortunate enough to get to the championship game, we might need to forfeit so we don’t get embarrassed.............

1 hour ago, JETT said:

I'm interested to see how the Canadian and Abernathy game plays out, according to pax they have been destroying their opponents, if Canadian puts a whipping on them it will tell us exactly where they are, but their not ranked #1 for no reason 

I just don't put a lot into  how bad you beat and average  team or sometimes a real good team when its  weaknesses are to your strengths and the score doesn't give a true representation . I do respect the fact that Canadian had Cisco down 41-0 at halftime. that was an eyeopener. Now, if Canadian fumbles 4-5 times they are beatable and if one of the twins is out a game they will still be good but they will be beatable. Last year if Brown hadn't left Newton,or asked to leave I don't believe anyone could have stayed within 30 points of them but when he left Newton  became predictable. You just don't know what 16-18 year old boys are gonna do.JMO

8 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I don’t know. According to some people in Region 3, Canadian is too slow for East Texas Speed (DF), and not physical enough to stop Pewitt’s ground and pound. If we are fortunate enough to get to the championship game, we might need to forfeit so we don’t get embarrassed.............

Please don't forfeit, :rofl:Daingerfield has talent for sure, Newton couldn't box their quarterback in and we had to many going both ways ,just ran out of gas. Speed is good and we had plenty also but I feel like speed and guns go hand in hand. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Speed don't beat people but it does make for quick touchdowns if and when they bust loose. I just feel like you guys will be the team to beat. You really don't have any weaknesses. Good luck❗

22 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

I just don't put a lot into  how bad you beat and average  team or sometimes a real good team when its  weaknesses are to your strengths and the score doesn't give a true representation . I do respect the fact that Canadian had Cisco down 41-0 at halftime. that was an eyeopener. Now, if Canadian fumbles 4-5 times they are beatable and if one of the twins is out a game they will still be good but they will be beatable. Last year if Brown hadn't left Newton,or asked to leave I don't believe anyone could have stayed within 30 points of them but when he left Newton  became predictable. You just don't know what 16-18 year old boys are gonna do.JMO

Yeah b4 the Canadian loss cisco had only been beaten by a good wall team, I agree Canadian is the team to beat...   as of right now all 8 remaining teams are dangerous and can upset either one on any Friday night, next few weeks ought to be some fun good games

24 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

LOL

6 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Hopefully you will behold for yourself! Speed! Real speed! 

• Stinks 1

17 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

One of the best highschool football games of all time.

It was definitely a good one, I'm still scratching my head on some of the play calls for newton in the 4th quarter..... especially around the 9 minute mark up by 12 and throwing that huge interception to swing momentum.... all that being said Dfield never quit and kept grinding and finished off a good newton team.... I was jumping and yelling like I was a TIGER fan lol

Just now, JETT said:

It was definitely a good one, I'm still scratching my head on some of the play calls for newton in the 4th quarter..... especially around the 9 minute mark up by 12 and throwing that huge interception to swing momentum.... all that being said Dfield never quit and kept grinding and finished off a good newton team.... I was jumping and yelling like I was a TIGER fan lol

Pewitt up 12 ball after half! Pewitt ball after half! 

DF came back at their home field and won.

Newton up 12 and their ball in the 4th, in SFA, might of been their home, DF does not quit, but comes back and wins! 
DF will be a hard out. 

1 minute ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Pewitt up 12 ball after half! Pewitt ball after half! 

DF came back at their home field and won.

Newton up 12 and their ball in the 4th, in SFA, might of been their home, DF does not quit, but comes back and wins! 
DF will be a hard out. 

I'm sure they've definitely opened some coaches eyes after that W. I'm sure most were eyeing newton but now have DF to worry about... I still believe Canadian is the team to beat this year.... I've been saying that all year, they have a helluva coach and all around team that will be a tough out... they're ranked #1 for a reason.... me and a few more Winona folks will be attending games all the way to the championship 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JETT said:

I'm sure they've definitely opened some coaches eyes after that W. I'm sure most were eyeing newton but now have DF to worry about... I still believe Canadian is the team to beat this year.... I've been saying that all year, they have a helluva coach and all around team that will be a tough out... they're ranked #1 for a reason.... me and a few more Winona folks will be attending games all the way to the championship 

If DF can win out against Pewitt and EB, then Canadian will be just a speed bump in the road to destiny! Still along way to go, but with a realistic development! You will see!

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

8 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

If DF can win out against Pewitt and EB, then Canadian will be just a speed bump in the road to destiny! Still along way to go, but with a realistic development! You will see!

Lol, good luck....... I'll be in attendance in mt.pleasant

23 hours ago, jimmyw said:

I have felt all year they would be the state champions unless they had one of them quick sand games where the ball bounces against you and whatever can go wrong does go wrong. The most athletic team would  be Daingerfield but if #3 is injured or sick they are done. Canadian might win by 30 points, I think they are that good.

8 good teams left in 3AD2. The blue Tigers of Daingerfield are improving weekly. They were up on Gunter 21-0 at 1/2 the very first game of the season before they fell apart. Down to both Newton and Pewitt at 1/2 and battled back.Lots of good, very athletic players on the team. #3 gets a lot of well deserved credit, but teams should be very aware of #15 &18. #15 has battled injuries this season and hasn't been 100%. He's improving, hopefully he will be better as they move ahead. #18 has been offered 2 D1 scholarships so I think that displays his talents. If they ever put 4 solid qrts together they will be the team to beat and have a good chance to add another trophy to their case. The  Good luck to all teams and I look forward to good, very entertaining games ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

8 good teams left in 3AD2. The blue Tigers of Daingerfield are improving weekly. They were up on Gunter 21-0 at 1/2 the very first game of the season before they fell apart. Down to both Newton and Pewitt at 1/2 and battled back.Lots of good, very athletic players on the team. #3 gets a lot of well deserved credit, but teams should be very aware of #15 &18. #15 has battled injuries this season and hasn't been 100%. He's improving, hopefully he will be better as they move ahead. #18 has been offered 2 D1 scholarships so I think that displays his talents. If they ever put 4 solid qrts together they will be the team to beat and have a good chance to add another trophy to their case. The  Good luck to all teams and I look forward to good, very entertaining games ahead.

#18, has great hands along with a few others on the team..... PP will be tough to beat twice in a season, them boyz want revenge.... 

13 hours ago, JETT said:

Lol I wasn't happy at all 

I'll say the Brahmas of East Bernard. Not only can they score, they got a dang good defense.  They run a version of slot t that will take time off the clock and will score with it and then turn around and play stellar defense.  That's the right combination to win the whole thing.

14 hours ago, JETT said:

me also, I guess the most frustration for me was 4th and 3 and we punt it. We run Gatson on the scat to either side and he had pretty much got it all nite. I was disappointed. the non-intentional grounding was a bad call and they would have been in big trouble but it didn't happen ( Daingerfield's coach got that one changed and that is fighting for your team.  We had our chances and we couldn't have beaten a good passing attack like Canadian anyway. I think we forgot all about the hook and ladder play that we have scored every-time we have used it. The only time we have used it has been against 4a schools I think ,maybe not.  Daingerfield has atheletes everywhere but Canadian is just good,   they have no weaknesses . JMHO

25 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

me also, I guess the most frustration for me was 4th and 3 and we punt it. We run Gatson on the scat to either side and he had pretty much got it all nite. I was disappointed. the non-intentional grounding was a bad call and they would have been in big trouble but it didn't happen ( Daingerfield's coach got that one changed and that is fighting for your team.  We had our chances and we couldn't have beaten a good passing attack like Canadian anyway. I think we forgot all about the hook and ladder play that we have scored every-time we have used it. The only time we have used it has been against 4a schools I think ,maybe not.  Daingerfield has atheletes everywhere but Canadian is just good,   they have no weaknesses . JMHO

I agree on all this, I was surprised on the 4th down punt, Dfield D played pretty darn good the whole game.... newton had 1 easy score on the broken coverage in the secondary, yalls QB rolled out and made a perfect pass on the run

2 hours ago, JETT said:

#18, has great hands along with a few others on the team..... PP will be tough to beat twice in a season, them boyz want revenge.... 

They want revenge and yes it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. However the Tigers have been in this situation before. Back in 2013, which was one of the better Tiger teams to come thru beat New Boston during district very handily. Met back up in this same stadium in Mt Pleasant and got completely dominated. Thing is tho, Tiger players, Coaches and fans haven't forgotten that. They are giving reminders to the boys and they will be practicing pretty darn hard this week. Expect a solid game out of these Blue Tigers from Dfield this week. 

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

They want revenge and yes it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. However the Tigers have been in this situation before. Back in 2013, which was one of the better Tiger teams to come thru beat New Boston during district very handily. Met back up in this same stadium in Mt Pleasant and got completely dominated. Thing is tho, Tiger players, Coaches and fans haven't forgotten that. They are giving reminders to the boys and they will be practicing pretty darn hard this week. Expect a solid game out of these Blue Tigers from Dfield this week. 

👌

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Plus we are playing with house money, no one ever thought we would put this thing together and get even close to this far.  Now we have more then a bunch of speed athletic individuals, we seem to have become a team and a pretty darn good one.  I for one never thought it would happen so my hats off to everyone involved.  If they play as a team from here on out and bring their A game and stop making the mistakes with blown coverages and penalties they will not get beat. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wildtigers said:

Plus we are playing with house money, no one ever thought we would put this thing together and get even close to this far.  Now we have more then a bunch of speed athletic individuals, we seem to have become a team and a pretty darn good one.  I for one never thought it would happen so my hats off to everyone involved.  If they play as a team from here on out and bring their A game and stop making the mistakes with blown coverages and penalties they will not get beat. 

@NATUREBOY98 begs to differ 👀..... #freeNB98

6 hours ago, Trump2020 said:

I'll say the Brahmas of East Bernard. Not only can they score, they got a dang good defense.  They run a version of slot t that will take time off the clock and will score with it and then turn around and play stellar defense.  That's the right combination to win the whole thing.

Alot of ppl have EB and Canadian for the marbles, I haven't kept up with them this year honestly, are you a fan of theirs? If so how do they compare to last years squad