Sideline to Sideline 4A Region Finals Show

Gsquared

If I remember, the first time PG and Gilmer played, the score was closer than you think. Didn't Gilmer fumble the ball at the 1 going into the end zone, resulting in a safety? I believe the score at the time was 35-17 PG, but that play was a 9 point turnaround toward the end of the game, could have been 31 or (32) to 35. PG led 21-17 @ half. That game was defiantly closer than the final score indicated, so expect something similar.

28 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

If I remember, the first time PG and Gilmer played, the score was closer than you think. Didn't Gilmer fumble the ball at the 1 going into the end zone, resulting in a safety? I believe the score at the time was 35-17 PG, but that play was a 9 point turnaround toward the end of the game, could have been 31 or (32) to 35. PG led 21-17 @ half. That game was defiantly closer than the final score indicated, so expect something similar.

That is what I was thinking also.  Not sure if the fumble resulted in a safety or touchback but definitely took at least 7 points off the board.

The fumble y'all are speaking of was our receiver just plain dropping the ball before crossing the goal line, and nobody was even close enough to him to cause it, resulting in a touchback.  A TD there would've made it 35 to 30, 31, or 32 dependent on what they did for a PAT.  There was plenty of time for another possession because the Buckeyes forced the Hawks to punt after they got the ball on the touchback.  The Hawks nailed us at our own 2 or 3 yard line on the punt.  We subsequently had a dropped snap in the end zone resulting in a safety, bringing the Hawks to 37 points.

Our special teams made a crucial mistake there in not calling for a fair catch and catching it.  He could've caught it at about the 15 yard line.

32 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

The fumble y'all are speaking of was our receiver just plain dropping the ball before crossing the goal line, and nobody was even close enough to him to cause it, resulting in a touchback.  A TD there would've made it 35 to 30, 31, or 32 dependent on what they did for a PAT.  There was plenty of time for another possession because the Buckeyes forced the Hawks to punt after they got the ball on the touchback.  The Hawks nailed us at our own 2 or 3 yard line on the punt.  We subsequently had a dropped snap in the end zone resulting in a safety, bringing the Hawks to 37 points.

Our special teams made a crucial mistake there in not calling for a fair catch and catching it.  He could've caught it at about the 15 yard line.

Go back and watch the film because he got tackled when he was trying to stretch the ball across he didn’t just drop it