It's La Vega's too lose

Sportsfanatic1

LV is most definitely the beast in 4A this season.......what a team they have assembled with talent, size, and speed for a Class 4A, Huh?  Those linemen look like college players and the secondary and linebacker corps are just as impressive.  It helps when you get a big lead on a team and can just force them out of their comfort zone with the team LV has.  Sooner or later their speedy backs will split the seams and be in the open field.......it's just a matter of when.  I knew their QB Kinne would throw it to open up the lanes for the RB's to run.......you would be stupid if you didn't do that.  Kinne is an accurate thrower and a running threat also.......he has good speed too.  But his real value is in properly handling the ball for the offense and dealing the ball to all of his skill players and talent pool.  He has a big O-line up front to help and give him plenty of time without being forced into mistakes.  LV does make mistakes and is not totally disciplined like an Argyle or Carthage, but their players are just very good football players.  They've had all season to get better.......and they have done that.

9 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

LV is most definitely the beast in 4A this season.......what a team they have assembled with talent, size, and speed for a Class 4A, Huh?  Those linemen look like college players and the secondary and linebacker corps are just as impressive.  It helps when you get a big lead on a team and can just force them out of their comfort zone with the team LV has.  Sooner or later their speedy backs will split the seams and be in the open field.......it's just a matter of when.  I knew their QB Kinne would throw it to open up the lanes for the RB's to run.......you would be stupid if you didn't do that.  Kinne is an accurate thrower and a running threat also.......he has good speed too.  But his real value is in properly handling the ball for the offense and dealing the ball to all of his skill players and talent pool.  He has a big O-line up front to help and give him plenty of time without being forced into mistakes.  LV does make mistakes and is not totally disciplined like an Argyle or Carthage, but their players are just very good football players.  They've had all season to get better.......and they have done that.

The Dawgs can match Le Vega man for man in speed and athletes. 

• LOL! 3

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

They’re laughing at you on that comment.

Hmm, alright. We shall see.

Both teams have plenty of mighty fine athletes. If we are all lucky enough for that matchup to happen we’re in for quite a treat of a state championship game!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Sorry C&C, but I've studied the Carthage filmclips and Game Recaps.......they are good but will not be able to match up man for man with LV as a team.  They may be able to come as close as any team in 4A, but I think LV will still have a total athletic advantage man for man.  Carthage cannot score from anywhere on the field on any given play like LV on offense.......esp. not against a speedy LV defensive secondary that can run them down.  I appreciate your utmost loyalty and fan support for your team, coaching staff, and players......and would not expect anything less.......but the reality is that LV is a beast of a football team at the 4A level in all categories.  Maybe their kicking game is not great, but neither is the kicking game for Carthage.  Carthage rarely kicks field goals and rarely punts........just like Argyle and LV........none of these teams need to do it very often.

I do think Carthage will have an advantage in game planning for LV now that they will have several games to view LV each week in available televised action for all to see and study.  And to see LV at full strength for the players they will have at their disposal to play for the remaining two games.  WE(the fans) already have the benefit of veiwing LV from the Argyle game that anybody can see on demand on NFHS.  We did not get to see LV against any previous opponents in Region 2......the games and the filmclips/Game Recaps were just not available. But now that the Argyle game was made available for the public to view.......we can all see just what kind of team composition LV really has assembled and has at their disposal at this late date in the season.

13 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry C&C, but I've studied the Carthage filmclips and Game Recaps.......they are good but will not be able to match up man for man with LV as a team.  They may be able to come as close as any team in 4A, but I think LV will still have a total athletic advantage man for man.  Carthage cannot score from anywhere on the field on any given play like LV on offense.......esp. not against a speedy LV defensive secondary that can run them down.  I appreciate your utmost loyalty and fan support for your team, coaching staff, and players......and would not expect anything less.......but the reality is that LV is a beast of a football team at the 4A level in all categories.  Maybe their kicking game is not great, but neither is the kicking game for Carthage.  Carthage rarely kicks field goals and rarely punts........just like Argyle and LV........none of these teams need to do it very often.

I bolded something for you and laugh at it, because it is wildly inaccurate. I know you’ve just watched LV thoroughly and completely whip your boys, but that doesn’t mean Carthage doesn’t have the horses to run with them. 

So, is Carthage suddenly not a beast of a 4A team? LV had a great game last night, and this morning is untouchable. 

Didn't say that......I simply reneged on C&C's statement that Carthage can match up MAN for MAN against LV.  IMO, I just don't think that is true......I think LV has a little more advantage athletically on the field MAN for MAN.  That does not mean they would win in a one-game SC game scenario against Carthage......it just means they will have that advantage.  Carthage will have some intangible advantages over LV, IMO.  And NO......Carthage will not be able to score from anywhere on the field against this LV defense.  Argyle is proven to be better offensively this season than Carthage, but did it only once last night.....even with all the changes made for this game......which we all know now was a big mistake by the coaching staff.

20 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry C&C, but I've studied the Carthage filmclips and Game Recaps.......they are good but will not be able to match up man for man with LV as a team.  They may be able to come as close as any team in 4A, but I think LV will still have a total athletic advantage man for man.  Carthage cannot score from anywhere on the field on any given play like LV on offense.......esp. not against a speedy LV defensive secondary that can run them down..... 😰  I appreciate your utmost loyalty and fan support for your team, coaching staff, and players......and would not expect anything less.......but the reality is that LV is a beast of a football team at the 4A level in all categories.  Maybe their kicking game is not great, but neither is the kicking game for Carthage.  Carthage rarely kicks field goals and rarely punts........just like Argyle and LV........none of these teams need to do it very often.

Gee ... sounds like Carthage should just roll out the basketballs and forget about this game ....

19 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Reagle with all due respect your opinion does not hold as much weight as it did 24 hours ago.  You told us for 15 weeks that this Argyle team was the best ever and would wipe the floor with all 4A teams in route to the title.  Your assessment of Carthage is based on a few clips from Maxpreps.  Go watch ALL our games on YouTube and you will Learn something.  Oh and we have an excellent FG kicker this year.  Maybe the best we have had.  Nailed one last week and another last night.  LV is good, but Carthage is as well.  If we meet in the SC it will be a great game, not like last night’s lopsided beatdown of Argyle.

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Reagle with all due respect your opinion does not hold as much weight as it did 24 hours ago.  You told us for 15 weeks that this Argyle team was the best ever and would wipe the floor with all 4A teams in route to the title.  Your assessment of Carthage is based on a few clips from Maxpreps.  Go watch ALL our games on YouTube and you will Learn something.  Oh and we have an excellent FG kicker this year.  Maybe the best we have had.  Nailed one last week and another last night.  LV is good, but Carthage is as well.  If we meet in the SC it will be a great game, not like last night’s lopsided beatdown of Argyle.

Now you are creating phrases I persoanally never wrote.  I simply stated the OFFENSE is the best Argyle had ever fielded......we all knew the defense was perhaps the worst ever fielded.  

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Didn't say that......I simply reneged on C&C's statement that Carthage can match up MAN for MAN against LV.  IMO, I just don't think that is true......I think LV has a little more advantage athletically on the field MAN for MAN.  That does not mean they would win in a one-game SC game scenario against Carthage......it just means they will have that advantage.  Carthage will have some intangible advantages over LV, IMO.  And NO......Carthage will not be able to score from anywhere on the field against this LV defense.  Argyle is proven to be better offensively this season than Carthage, but did it only once last night.....even with all the changes made for this game......which we all know now was a big mistake by the coaching staff.

Y’all don’t have Kelvontay Dixon. Guarantee he gets behind that defense with the ball even if he catches it at our own 15 nobody is going to catch him. 

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Now you are creating phrases I persoanally never wrote.  I simply stated the OFFENSE is the best Argyle had ever fielded......we all knew the defense was perhaps the worst ever fielded.  

Don’t crawfish now Reagle!  LV is good.  Springtown is good.  Carthage is good.  The winner of LH and Lampasas will be good.  Period.  The rest of the story is TBD.

I watched Carthage play week. I was like damn, I don't ever remember Carthage having that many athletes. If La Vega has more athletes than Carthage then I don't know what to say. I can't see a team in 4a having that many more athletes than Carthage. I thought Carthage had better looking athletes than the big schools in East Texas this year. If La Vega tops them, then all I can say is wow. If both teams make it to state, then we should have one of the best championship games to watch. 

• Like 2

Just now, VonG said:

I watched Carthage play week. I was like damn, I don't ever remember Carthage having that many athletes. If La Vega has more athletes than Carthage then I don't know what to say. I can't see a team in 4a having that many more athletes than Carthage. I thought Carthage had better looking athletes than the big schools in East Texas this year. If La Vega tops them, then all I can say is wow. If both teams make it to state, then we should have one of the best championship games to watch. 

Agree!

No crawfishing here.......we all knew it would be Argyle's offense to carry them to a State Championship meeting......not their defense.  It didn't happen and that's really no surprise at this level of the playoffs.  But as far as Lampasas and Springtown goes.......I don't see either team being able to play perfect games and come out on the winning side against their scheduled competition.  So that puts the SC title game of Carthage vs La Vega squarely on the radar.  Argyle was really the only other possibility with their dynamic offense.....as most prognosticators also thought.  But they all questioned Argyle's defensive capabilities at this level like we all did.  Go watch last night's Springtown game against Dumas......not even close to the level needed against any Region 2 playoff contender.  Lampasas is missing a defense.....sorely.