San Augustine vs Refugio

wolfpack76

San Augustine vs Refugio  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• San Augustine
    • Refugio

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2019 at 12:55 AM

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Refugio rolls again big, Refugio is a different animal so dont be surprise if they put up 50-60 points on SA 

I can definitely see one of these teams establishing control of the game and pulling away to win by 3-4 TDs. What I don’t see is SA getting taken to the woodshed like Holland was. Whether on film or in person, I’ve seen SA every year for the past 6. This team is by far the best they’ve had over that span. I haven’t seen Refugio this year, but obviously they are very, very good. What I’m saying is if there’s a team that’s going to break the Region 4 streak, it’s this SA bunch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I can definitely see one of these teams establishing control of the game and pulling away to win by 3-4 TDs. What I don’t see is SA getting taken to the woodshed like Holland was. Whether on film or in person, I’ve seen SA every year for the past 6. This team is by far the best they’ve had over that span. I haven’t seen Refugio this year, but obviously they are very, very good. What I’m saying is if there’s a team that’s going to break the Region 4 streak, it’s this SA bunch. 

Blue, if we go out and play our game we have a chance and that’s all anyone can ask for is a chance. We didn’t get here by accident one time, let alone three. These Seniors have been here twice and I would like to think they know who they are playing. It’s ok to be a little nervous, but gotta get those nerves settled down quickly and execute. 

26 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

Blue, if we go out and play our game we have a chance and that’s all anyone can ask for is a chance. We didn’t get here by accident one time, let alone three. These Seniors have been here twice and I would like to think they know who they are playing. It’s ok to be a little nervous, but gotta get those nerves settled down quickly and execute. 

No I don’t think nerves should be an issue. Your seniors have seen the big bad boys from Refugio and Mason. The biggest difference I see in this SA team and the last two is the play in the trenches, where football games are won and lost. Not only are these kids big and strong and quick for their size, but they execute well. You don’t see big plays getting called back for bone-headed penalties, and you don’t see missed assignments. Also, you have depth. I only see one of your offensive linemen starting on defense, and he gets rotated out pretty regular. That keeps those kids fresh, mentally and physically.  Athlete for athlete, y’all have always matched up with the Region 4 teams. It’s been in the trenches where you’ve been beaten. That combined with the X-factor that Hicks brings, is why I believe this team can break the streak. I’m rooting for y’all. 

• Thanks 2

SA has come a long way in their prospective program.....they play well against good programs but Refugio is playing on a different level of football that SA isn't ready for yet. They had a good season but the train ride stops at Refugio to the State Championship. Good luck to both teams and pray for a safe trip and injury free game. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Goldberg said:

SA has come a long way in their prospective program.....they play well against good programs but Refugio is playing on a different level of football that SA isn't ready for yet. They had a good season but the train ride stops at Refugio to the State Championship. Good luck to both teams and pray for a safe trip and injury free game. 

You sure seem awful confident. 

Considering SA has been blasted the last 2 years with teams according to many on this site that can compete with Region 4 teams, I found it odd that you guys are so confident. I certainly realize new year, new team but when you have been out scored by close to 40 a game over those two years I would expect more cautious optimism. 

2 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Considering SA has been blasted the last 2 years with teams according to many on this site that can compete with Region 4 teams, I found it odd that you guys are so confident. I certainly realize new year, new team but when you have been out scored by close to 40 a game over those two years I would expect more cautious optimism. 

Haven’t seen anyone say SA is gonna take the bobcats to the woodshed. Have seen some say they thought we had a chance. 

I want to bring up a point no one else has yet. SA hasn't had a close game yet in the playoffs. Everyone is acting like Refugio is invincible and that SA is lucky to be here. Truth be told Refugio is a great team but they are the ones lucky to be here. Bad break on the Shiner kids fumble or Refugio is sitting at home two weeks ago. Fumble, missed two point conversion, lucky onside kick bounce and then a very very very controversial delay of game field goal for the win. Quit acting like Refugio has walked through God and everyone. They are a powerhouse and to answer whoever asked why people don't like the Refugio coach is because of the times he has called timeouts to score again while up 50 60 70 points with only a minute or so remaining. I believe this is a good game and I am rooting for the underdogs of SA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

I want to bring up a point no one else has yet. SA hasn't had a close game yet in the playoffs. Everyone is acting like Refugio is invincible and that SA is lucky to be here. Truth be told Refugio is a great team but they are the ones lucky to be here. Bad break on the Shiner kids fumble or Refugio is sitting at home two weeks ago. Fumble, missed two point conversion, lucky onside kick bounce and then a very very very controversial delay of game field goal for the win. Quit acting like Refugio has walked through God and everyone. They are a powerhouse and to answer whoever asked why people don't like the Refugio coach is because of the times he has called timeouts to score again while up 50 60 70 points with only a minute or so remaining. I believe this is a good game and I am rooting for the underdogs of SA. 

And really no one has mentioned that SA turned the ball over 4 times Friday and still overcame that to win the ball game.  SA is hungry and I just hope they pull up to the buffet and eat Thursday night!!!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, theprodigy said:

And I’ll be the first to tell you Shiner would do to SA what Refugio will do Thursday trust me, Shiner was picked by some to win state they had an exceptionally good football team this was their year, but you forgetting Refugio is Refugio they come to play an don’t lay down for anyone. I’ll be surprise if SA can even keep this game close I just don’t see it, Refugio is firing on all cylinders right now don’t think SA defense is good enough to slow them down but we’ll soon find out 

On 12/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, wolfpack76 said:

And really no one has mentioned that SA turned the ball over 4 times Friday and still overcame that to win the ball game.  SA is hungry and I just hope they pull up to the buffet and eat Thursday night!!!

You turn the ball over four times to Refugio and you ain’t over coming anything, you ain’t playing just any other school this Refugio you talking about 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

And I’ll be the first to tell you Shiner would do to SA what Refugio will do Thursday trust me, Shiner was picked by some to win state they had an exceptionally good football team this was their year, but you forgetting Refugio is Refugio they come to play an don’t lay down for anyone. I’ll be surprise if SA can even keep this game close I just don’t see it, Refugio is firing on all cylinders right now don’t think SA defense is good enough to slow them down but we’ll soon find out 

And you have a 50/50 chance of being correct, the question is, is Refugio's defense good enough to slow SA's offense down?  They haven't been slowed down all year.  4 punts all year long says a lot about a high powered offense

10 hours ago, Viper said:

Your acting like Refugio won that game! Shiner lost that game. Kid fumbled when no one even touched him. They got stuffed on two point conversion. Shiner blew 2 coverages leaving a wide open target. You are betting on the fact that the wolves make the same mistakes! Refugio didnt ROLL shiner. Shiner then allows them to recover the onside kick and then say what you want but a missed delay of game call allowed Refugio to walk away with a win. Yes hats off to Refugio for never giving up but your sitting here acting like they whipped shiner. Shiner made mistakes for refugio to win that game. What if the wolves dont make those mistakes? What if SA gets up and they dont leave those 2 guys wide open for quick scores? I watched that game its not like there was good routes it was just blown coverage assignments leaving a guy open. LOT of luck went in to winning that Shiner game man you don't get that lucky every Friday night or Thursday night in this case. Refugio is a POWERHOUSE and very well could win this game easily but don't be so quick to write these wolves off! They deserve to be here!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Your acting like Refugio won that game! Shiner lost that game. Kid fumbled when no one even touched him. They got stuffed on two point conversion. Shiner blew 2 coverages leaving a wide open target. You are betting on the fact that the wolves make the same mistakes! Refugio didnt ROLL shiner. Shiner then allows them to recover the onside kick and then say what you want but a missed delay of game call allowed Refugio to walk away with a win. Yes hats off to Refugio for never giving up but your sitting here acting like they whipped shiner. Shiner made mistakes for refugio to win that game. What if the wolves dont make those mistakes? What if SA gets up and they dont leave those 2 guys wide open for quick scores? I watched that game its not like there was good routes it was just blown coverage assignments leaving a guy open. LOT of luck went in to winning that Shiner game man you don't get that lucky every Friday night or Thursday night in this case. Refugio is a POWERHOUSE and very well could win this game easily but don't be so quick to write these wolves off! They deserve to be here!

We are hoping that the big lights don't leave us blinded like they have the past 2 seasons.  3rd times a charm?  I don't know, but would sure like to think that this game is ours to lose.

19 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

I don't see anything in his quote that implies Refugio whipping Shiner.  What he is implying is that Shiner would do to SA what he thinks Refugio would do to SA and that is whip SA.  Lots of things had to go right for Refugio to get by Shiner and they did.