Pleasant Grove Hawks VS Greenwood Rangers at the Star Dec 13

Hawknation03

State semi-finals  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Greenwood Rangers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Mudman246 said:

they will just move in more.....

Winning creates "move ins". No different than Carthage, Gilmer, or anywhere else.  As far as this team, the majority have been in the PG school system prior to high school.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

No matter the outcome this group is pretty dang good. If they stopped the kid on that played for the turkeys you could have possibly seen a threepeat. Does PG lose any studs anytime soon? Remarkable run. 

PG will lose several key starters. Can not replace Harmon's grit, drive, determination, and leadership. The DL will all be back....they are juniors this year.  Gibson and his staff will have lots of good "pieces of the puzzle" to work with. 

• Thanks 1

As long as that line stays in tact the Grove will be a force next year also. Imagining what that D line will do as seniors is flat out scary! No doubt Harmon will be the hardest to replace. Running game will be good with Martin, Collier, and Johnson. I really like Woodside as next years QB he is a great kid and has the tools to get it done. PG will definately be in the mix next year. Carthage will have something to say about that though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

As long as that line stays in tact the Grove will be a force next year also. Imagining what that D line will do as seniors is flat out scary! No doubt Harmon will be the hardest to replace. Running game will be good with Martin, Collier, and Johnson. I really like Woodside as next years QB he is a great kid and has the tools to get it done. PG will definately be in the mix next year. Carthage will have something to say about that though.

I like what I have seen in Woodside. 7 on 7 will be a big benefit to him and his development.  I think you mean Koller instead of Collier.

27 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Line will be fine.  They lose 2 senior starters but really they have lost one of them already since Stanfill got hurt.  Druhan will graduate but all the rest who have been starting since the playoffs are juniors.  They are getting major experience for next year.  Will need a receiver or two to step up.  Woodside throws a great ball.  Need to see how tough he is.  Not knocking him, just don;t know.

• Like 1

Just now, Hawk20 said:

Line will be fine.  They lose 2 senior starters but really they have lost one of them already since Stanfill got hurt.  Druhan will graduate but all the rest who have been starting since the playoffs are juniors.  They are getting major experience for next year.  Will need a receiver or two to step up.  Woodside throws a great ball.  Need to see how tough he is.  Not knocking him, just don;t know.

Right we really wont know about Woodside until his first full game. He has come in and thrown some really nice passes. Iknow he was having trouble with the snap but he has clearly improved on that,, heck I guess you can say Ben has had his fair share of snap issues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, swaha said:

Winning creates "move ins". No different than Carthage, Gilmer, or anywhere else.  As far as this team, the majority have been in the PG school system prior to high school.

It has been happening in Texarkana for years. Still, I know of at least three of the area's best athletes who have transferred to PG for athletic purposes recently. I'm not complaining, just don't want to hear anyone denying it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 68Hornet said:

It has been happening in Texarkana for years. Still, I know of at least three of the area's best athletes who have transferred to PG for athletic purposes recently. I'm not complaining, just don't want to hear anyone denying it.

Not sure who is denying it. When you win and have success, parents are going to move their kids if they feel like they will have better opportunities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawknation03 said:

Does anyone know PG’s combined rushing yards for this year and where it stacks up to the 2017 combined rushing stats?

4,662 so far this year.  HOPEFULLY, two more games to go.  2017 State Championship team had 3,831 from 3 running backs.  Don't know what QB and other RB had that year.

I found this info on their athletics website

8 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

for sure....there have been plenty of PG kids from days gone by who left PG and went to Texas High or LE.  Thats always going to happen.

16 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

for sure....there have been plenty of PG kids from days gone by who left PG and went to Texas High or LE.  Thats always going to happen.

And there were PG kids on the T High state championship team too.  This is not something new. It is new to PG because PG has limited open enrollment. That changes things in Texarkana.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:27 AM, Crawford said:

Thought this one needed a poll

Poll is up

I wonder if they are even aware of Smoaky to participate in the poll. SETX Forum fans will be here if there we go to the finals against 3, or maybe even 4.

Just looking at all the statewide info for comparison, all the pundits agree, not just HawkNation, that PG will win. 

The question is by how much, and how comfortably. 

The desired result would be play as they are able, mistake and penalty free, and rest the starters in the end.

I really believe Gilmer was the last team (after they dispatched Waco) to have a shot. WOS looked to be on track for the revenge matchup, but cancelled their reservation.

The boys are really just focused on Midland right now. They have the wisdom to not look past. Anticipation of the game is ok, but assuming it is not nor do they.

19 hours ago, Mudman246 said:

they will just move in more.....

Why do you need to make a comment shaded like this? PG does not move in, or "recruit kids illegally".

This is a thinly veiled statement with "recruiting" connotation.

It is worded within the terms of service, but implies just that.

Pleasant Grove, having success, will naturally attract talent. 

People will move in to participate. As long as it is done legally, there is no problem.

Let's not sound like that. It is not becoming. 

Rabbs have their own successes to enjoy. 

• Stinks 1

32 minutes ago, HawkEye said:

Why do you need to make a comment shaded like this? PG does not move in, or "recruit kids illegally".

People will move in to participate. As long as it is done legally, there is no problem.

Jealousy knows no bounds

• Like 2
  • Stinks 2

8 hours ago, HawkEye said:

Live with it because it's probably not going to stop. It's not recruiting. It's the parents that I blame.