Franklin Open

88YoePride

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

What like 550 combined wins for the father/son?

and now another son could get it? 

Yeah but when the hedrick's coached in franklin they won other coaches did not... Coached hedrick the son coached for 44 years 13 in franklin had like a 139 wins and 40 losses while in franklin with 12 straight playoff appearances and a state championship appearance

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

What like 550 combined wins for the father/son?

and now another son could get it? 

Yes his son should get the job and what is good about him he didn’t start with his dad he went to places like Westwood and coached under other coaches before coming back to franklin few years back. He will continue that winning tradition! He may even have them move out of the wing T....we shall see on that though

53 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yes his son should get the job and what is good about him he didn’t start with his dad he went to places like Westwood and coached under other coaches before coming back to franklin few years back. He will continue that winning tradition! He may even have them move out of the wing T....we shall see on that though

I dont think they will move out of the wing / slot t but i do think they start passing the ball more... Franklin started running some spread this year

Hedrick record 307-163-11 which is 11th best all time while in franklin he won 9 district championships in 13 years... He started at chapel hill in 1976 as head coach then became the head coach in leon from 1980 to 2005.... Mike and his father Joe Hedrick (member of texas football hall of fame) are the only father son duo with at least 200 wins each in texas high school football history

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Hmmm. Just outta curiosity, exactly what credentials does Will Hedrick have to get the job over other applicants, including those in the program?

Tbh.... The last name is all he needs.... If we stay with a coach that is already on the staff i hope the OC gets it... He will add more passing to make us more balanced

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Tbh.... The last name is all he needs.... If we stay with a coach that is already on the staff i hope the OC gets it... He will add more passing to make us more balanced

Who's the OC? Has he been there long? Actually, how long has Will Hedrick been there?

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Mark Fannin. Not sure how long he has been there though.  Think maybe he is head baseball coach? Might be wrong 

I've always liked Fannin and would like to see him get this job if he's interested.  Good coach.  Hiring the baseball coach/coordinator worked out pretty good for Grandview.  

18 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Hmmm. Just outta curiosity, exactly what credentials does Will Hedrick have to get the job over other applicants, including those in the program?

Will has been coaching a while and is ready to take a HC job. He was DC at Westwood under Kevin Hayes and has been at franklin about 6 years now on the defensive side I believe. WIll also played QB for Leon and was a stand out football player. Make no mistake about it he is qualified to take this position. He is more qualified to take the position then who SLC hired this past season.

18 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Who's the OC? Has he been there long? Actually, how long has Will Hedrick been there?

Mark fannin is the OC and head baseball coach.... Will Hedrick has been around for a while now.... Either way it goes its a good choice.... I just hope who ever dont get the job doesn't get butt hurt