Pleasant Grove vs Wimberley 4A D2 Championship Game

1utexfan

State Championship  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 09:00 PM

Out of curiosity, is Texarkana (as was said by the Gazette back in 2017) still the only Texas city with three high schools that have each won both a football and a baseball championship?

In addition, have they added PG's 2019 title to the sign on eastbound New Boston Road south of the west side Walmart, where all those other TXKTX hs championships are listed?

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, OTamandua said:

Out of curiosity, is Texarkana (as was said by the Gazette back in 2017) still the only Texas city with three high schools that have each won both a football and a baseball championship?

In addition, have they added PG's 2019 title to the sign on eastbound New Boston Road south of the west side Walmart, where all those other TXKTX hs championships are listed?

How many titles do LE and Texas High have? If they each have at least 2, I wouldn’t be surprised if Texarkana is the only town in Texas with 3 whole schools with multiple football titles alone.

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I hate that Carthage and PG will be in same division. Two of our best programs in east Texas will have to knock one another out and not play for a championship. One less for East Texas. 

If they end up PG in region 2 and Carthage in 3, they may meet in the championship.  

2 hours ago, mTex said:

How many titles do LE and Texas High have? If they each have at least 2, I wouldn’t be surprised if Texarkana is the only town in Texas with 3 whole schools with multiple football titles alone.

Correct, only town in Texas where each Texas side school has a footbal and baseball championship.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, OTamandua said:

I count Texarkana Arkansas as a city team, too. Texas High, Liberty-Eylau, Pleasant Grove and Arkansas High have all won state titles in football and baseball. Our private school Trinity Christian also won state in baseball. They just started play 8-man in Arkansas.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, swaha said:

Correct, only town in Texas where each Texas side school has a footbal and baseball championship.

L-E and PG have won state in football twice, THS once. PG has two or three baseball titles, while L-E and THS have one each. L--E girls won three consecutive state track titles. Just threw that in because of pride. I do know PG has been to state in baseball a lot, went 6 years in a row at one point and won twice.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, OTamandua said:

They have a couple more , (N State Line  PG Road) , but none have been updated since before the 2017 title.

• Like 1

I got with the Mayor, he is passing on to the City Staff to update the signs.

Sorry, no Water Tower. The last time they repainted, they voted on the new logo. 

There was enough griping about spending money on paint vs potholes to fill a Gilmer/Carthage thread.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, futfan said:

I got with the Mayor, he is passing on to the City Staff to update the signs.

Sorry, no Water Tower. The last time they repainted, they voted on the new logo. 

There was enough griping about spending money on paint vs potholes to fill a Gilmer/Carthage thread.

oh i know. in this town people would be at city hall complaining about which way each school would be facing on the water tower. 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:01 AM, txk85 said:

oh i know. in this town people would be at city hall complaining about which way each school would be facing on the water tower. 

(Thinking of the Texarkana, Texas ISD (technology center?) with that "T with the tiger eyes" sign on the back of the building shining toward the south end of the Pleasant Grove HS parking lot.  Amazing how quirky some of the school district boundaries are in America.)

On 1/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, txk85 said:

wish they'd put all of it on the water tower, better than whatever it says these days.

Not enough room. You'd have wrecks from people trying to read it from the Interstate.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:11 PM, OTamandua said:

(Thinking of the Texarkana, Texas ISD (technology center?) with that "T with the tiger eyes" sign on the back of the building shining toward the south end of the Pleasant Grove HS parking lot.  Amazing how quirky some of the school district boundaries are in America.)

Actually that school is in PG district. Individual who owned land gave it to TISD. At least someone told me that.

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Actually that school is in PG district. Individual who owned land gave it to TISD. At least someone told me that.

Not according to the district map. McKnight Rd is the boundary line. There is no "carve out" for Morris.