Garrison AD/HF

Ilovefootball2

The kids are there, just yet to be determined if someone can inspire them to work hard and demand excellence.  Both lines will be scary for several years if they'll live in the weight room.  They have the size and natural ability, just no hair on their chest yet.  LOL

• LOL! 1

I was told there were over 70 applicants last time.  Some top coordinators from some very successful big schools.  I just hope they select one of the most qualified applicants and not someone based on other factors .... How about a OC from Carthage, Gunter, Pleasant Grove, Grandview or somewhere like that ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was told there were over 70 applicants last time.  Some top coordinators from some very successful big schools.  I just hope they select one of the most qualified applicants and not someone based on other factors .... How about a OC from Carthage, Gunter, Pleasant Grove, Grandview or somewhere like that ....

Everyone always wants an OC. smh. 

33 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Cooper hired a coordinator from Gunter 2 years ago. Hasn't gone so well. That's not a knock on the coach. Got to have the players too. Coach cant do it all. 

We have had the talent to have done very well with the right offensive system.  It's a great job for the right guy.  Lots of talent on the way up ...

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jeff Griffin from Carthage should be next in line for a Head Coaching position.  Definitely paid his dues.  

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, grinder said:

why not a defensive coordinator? 

Defense hasn't really been our problem, we need someone who can put in a more effective offense and use the talent we have.  The type of offense we have been running hasn't really taken advantage of some of our talent.  We are far too predictable and one dimensional  ... I would love to see an offense something like Gunter, or even Joaquin runs ...

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Defense hasn't really been our problem, we need someone who can put in a more effective offense and use the talent we have.  The type of offense we have been running hasn't really taken advantage of some of our talent.  We are far too predictable and one dimensional  ... I would love to see an offense something like Gunter, or even Joaquin runs ...

Pretty sure if you don’t make an inside hire, your new AD is gonna want to bring his own DC. 

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I fully expect that ...  that's the norm ...

While we’re discussing it, you’ve been pretty outspoken about Garrison being one-dimensional. The local team you keep bringing up as what you would like to see them emulate is Joaquin. You are aware that Joaquin runs the football roughly 95% of the time, right?