Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

The latest to backout was #3. #4 if you count Briles, which some say wasn't ever true.  So Lee is going to have to step up to get 

I think more so Tisd than Lee has to step up. If you  pay Lee coach let's say $115,000 that means JT coach has to make $115,000. I don't think Tisd wants to get caught in that scenario. 

8 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

The latest to backout was #3. #4 if you count Briles, which some say wasn't ever true.  So Lee is going to have to step up to get someone. 

The Briles leak was a "test" by powers that be at  TISD to test the temperature of the public.  They quickly found that he would not be a favorable pick so they have been working other avenues, unfortunately, money has been a big issue, but again (again from information inside the talks) has been some type of issue with their superintendent...

8 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

The latest to backout was #3. #4 if you count Briles, which some say wasn't ever true.  So Lee is going to have to step up to get someone. 

I wish you would post this on the setx site so that reagan guy can finally shut up his mouth. 

1 hour ago, rocketpop said:

Too many chiefs for this to be a good job.... which why no BIG name, or real up and comers will sniff at it, and if they do they back out. 

Unfortunately, lee has built a reputation on that now. 

I remember the same thing happened when Piske got the job.

5 hours ago, rocketpop said:

Too many chiefs for this to be a good job.... which why no BIG name, or real up and comers will sniff at it, and if they do they back out. 

Unfortunately, lee has built a reputation on that now. 

Outside of about 10 years from the mid 90's to the mid 2000's..... most of Lee's history has been pretty consistent.  And it's not good.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Lee is about to be on candidate #5-6.   They have tried to pluck coaches away from their current programs with no luck.   That tells me a lot about the situation at Lee.   Coaches from lower classifications turning it down for one reason or another.   Hhhhmmm

Yep. Heard the same thing. Will be interesting to see who finally takes it. 

7 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Lee is about to be on candidate #5-6.   They have tried to pluck coaches away from their current programs with no luck.   That tells me a lot about the situation at Lee.   Coaches from lower classifications turning it down for one reason or another.   Hhhhmmm

I will say it's more Tisd than Lee. They need to stop interfering and let the AD do his job. Also I believe they have unrealistic goals for Lee. They should have left things alone. Redrawing lines like the way they did. The new transfer rules is stupid. It's hurt Lee more than helped Lee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VonG said:

I will say it's more Tisd than Lee. They need to stop interfering and let the AD do his job. Also I believe they have unrealistic goals for Lee. They should have left things alone. Redrawing lines like the way they did. The new transfer rules is stupid. It's hurt Lee more than helped Lee. 

The board isn’t the only pulling the strings at Lee. The old heads in Tyler has a big say in what goes on at both schools. If they hired that is not white I will be shocked. Flip that for JT if they were looking for a new coach. The AD in Tyler will never have a say so on what goes on TISD. People from Tyler know this. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

The AD in Tyler will never have a say so on what goes on TISD. People from Tyler know this. 

I have heard that for a few years. That's why when the Briles stuff came up and the AD put out a statement that he would not hire Briles, it made me laugh. He isn't the one calling the shots. 

They had a guy but it sounds like there was interference....from all indications Tyler ISD is going about the search the right way...they are also shooting pretty high.....so when you shoot high you are gonna get turned down because you are talking to guys w/really good gigs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

They had a guy but it sounds like there was interference....from all indications Tyler ISD is going about the search the right way...they are also shooting pretty high.....so when you shoot high you are gonna get turned down because you are talking to guys w/really good gigs

Just be the highest bidder!