Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

16 hours ago, VonG said:

Yes slash ceo of Tylerisd. 

Yep tearing lee down cause he wants them to be something they will never be.. a yearly state contending team. Just ain’t happening. He got tired of looking at JT’s success over the last decade and just redrew the lines lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas football reporting that Lee has offered the job to a current DFW head coach. It has not yet been accepted. 

Does the coach have ties to East Texas? I was thinking they should offer former JT player Kendrick Brown the job. 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

History agrees with you. However Pleasant Grove and Van fans will disagree. 

if PG was just making the playoffs it would be a different story. i think it always sits in the back of pg fans minds though that he would want to go back to dfw. 

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

if PG was just making the playoffs it would be a different story. i think it always sits in the back of pg fans minds though that he would want to go back to dfw. 

If you are implying Frisco schools, I do not see it happening. Being at one of the 10 schools in that district,  does not have the same feel or impact like a school in East Texas does....plus his Dad is at ETBU. However, schools such as Allen and Aledo are a different story. I doubt they want to run the wing t though. I feel if he leaves, it will be after his son graduates. In addition, I could see him being at a college on his next stop. 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

some would say that he should have got the JT job last time it was open...lol

Going by his credentials, he should have. He had more than Coach Holmes. If he wants to come back home I say offer him the job.

15 hours ago, swaha said:

If you are implying Frisco schools, I do not see it happening. Being at one of the 10 schools in that district,  does not have the same feel or impact like a school in East Texas does....plus his Dad is at ETBU. However, schools such as Allen and Aledo are a different story. I doubt they want to run the wing t though. I feel if he leaves, it will be after his son graduates. In addition, I could see him being at a college on his next stop. 

im not implying anything. not sure what his dad being at etbu has to do with him, Marshall isn't that far from the metroplex and its really not that far from Tyler. i dont know what coach gibsons goals are as to if he wants to coach in college or a bigger high school. i could see a d2 school going after him soon (harding is having success running a very similar type of offense) but i dont know if thats the route he wants.