College Football Unpopular Opinions

ETXfan16

Playoffs should include all conference champions.  If you don’t want the little guy included, separate them or combine conferences.  

Running clock if down by 30+ points in the 4th quarter.  This can be voided if you cut down the 30 points etc.

Headsets for college QBs and defensive play caller in their helmets.  Get rid of the stupid signs.  

outlaw Matt Rhule’s gray vest.

Boomer Sooner can only be played 5 times per game.

If A&M is only going to have male cheerleaders, one of them must wear a dress.  

Grant all players 5 years of eligibility.  You lose a year if not grad transferring but eligible immediately.  

instead of this weird formula for scholarships, just make it a uniform # across the board each year.  Whether it be 25, 30 or 50... make it the same for everyone every year.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

I REALLY like the idea of the transfers Mav. I think most would have little problem giving up a year of eligibility on the backend in order to play immediately. It also stops this unfair mess of some players getting granted eligibility and some not. That’s my problem with the rule. I’m really okay with either way but the current setup is not fair because some get to play and some do not. And it’s not always because of better reasons for the move. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Playoffs should include all conference champions.  If you don’t want the little guy included, separate them or combine conferences.  

Running clock if down by 30+ points in the 4th quarter.  This can be voided if you cut down the 30 points etc.

Headsets for college QBs and defensive play caller in their helmets.  Get rid of the stupid signs.  

outlaw Matt Rhule’s gray vest.

Boomer Sooner can only be played 5 times per game.

If A&M is only going to have male cheerleaders, one of them must wear a dress.  

Grant all players 5 years of eligibility.  You lose a year if not grad transferring but eligible immediately.  

instead of this weird formula for scholarships, just make it a uniform # across the board each year.  Whether it be 25, 30 or 50... make it the same for everyone every year.

I bolded my favorite one, but can understand them playing it when they score.

They play it over and over and over again when they’re losing. It’s ridiculous. They must have had the same band director for years, because they‘ve been doing it for a long time. Anytime they’re down big and it’s obvious they are going to lose the game they play it endlessly, so annoying.

LSU fans probably went to bed with that song in their head, because LSU so completely dominated them. 

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

All conferences should be required to have 10 teams and play 9 conference games.

No FCS opponents after the month of September.

Get rid of Conference Championship games and just make that the first round of the playoff.

I love both of these - - - -

EVERYBODY LOOKING AT YOU SEC!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

All conferences should be required to have 10 teams and play 9 conference games.

No FCS opponents after the month of September.

Get rid of Conference Championship games and just make that the first round of the playoff.

As for uniforms...I love creative uni’s...I wish everyone busted out w/ cool new ones to mix in with the old originals.

I like the transfer idea Mavs threw out...5 years to use 4...lose a year if you transfer, but immediate eligibility.

I like the 9 conference games too.

I think we should expand things...you have to go into a conference...no independent teams.

Conferences should expand to a fairly uniform number of teams...14 or 16...to get every team into “about” 8 conferences. 

With that in mind, your playoff would either go to 12 or even 16 (my preferred always) teams. All conference champs in and then the next 8 best teams get at-large bids. 9 conference games, 2 non-conference (no playing outside the FBS). Conferences decide how they break ties in their conference standings for automatic bid. Use current bigger bowls as we’ve discussed to be Sweet 16, Elite 8, even Final 4. Teams outside the “playoff 16” would still get to play in current smaller bowl games.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If you really wanted to get crazy...

Take the top 64 teams and make 8 conferences of 8 teams. The conference winners make the the playoff.

Everyone plays 7 conference games and 5 OOC games with one of those against an FCS team if they choose. 

Define the top 64 teams. Would it always be the same? Or would teams move in and out? What criteria? Would it be like Euro soccer?

40 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Define the top 64 teams. Would it always be the same? Or would teams move in and out? What criteria? Would it be like Euro soccer?

That would make it really fun. Take 128 teams and make two separate leagues of 64. Last place teams in the P5 conference get replaced by the conference champions of the G5 conference yearly.

Expand to a 16 game playoff including all conference champions ... use the existing bowl games for the playoffs, some of the lesser bowls would still be played but not be playoff bowls ... no need for conference realignment ... go back to stopping the game clock on all out of bound plays until the next snap of the ball ... either eliminate or rethink the targeting rule to only include flagrant/intentional plays ... most of what is now called targeting is total :BS: ... it's almost impossible to play aggressive defense for fear of getting called for targeting  ...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That would make it really fun. Take 128 teams and make two separate leagues of 64. Last place teams in the P5 conference get replaced by the conference champions of the G5 conference yearly.

I have something set up that will blow your mind... but I can’t post until Monday when I get back to my work PC

Western PAC 16 Conf Desert Great Plains 16 Conf Midwest 15 Conf Southwest 14 Conf
Cal Air Force Oklahoma Baylor
UCLA Colorado Oklahoma State Houston
Fresno State Colorado State Tulsa North Texas
San Diego State New Mexico LSU Rice
San Jose State New Mexico State Louisiana Tech SMU
USC BYU Louisiana TCU
Stanford Utah Louisiana - Monroe Texas
Oregon Utah State Tulane Texas A&M
Oregon State Boise State Ole Miss Texas State
Washington Wyoming Mississippi State Texas Tech
Washington State Iowa Southern Miss Texas - El Paso
Hawaii Iowa State Middle Tennessee Texas - San Antonio
Arizona Nebraska Tennessee Arkansas
Arizona State Kansas Memphis Arkansas State
Nevada Kansas State Vanderbilt  
UNLV Minnesota    
Big Great Lakes 16 Conf Heritage States 15 Conf East Coastal 16 Conf Southern Gulf 16 Conf
Wisconsin Ball State Appalachian State Alabama
Illinois Indiana Charlotte UAB
Northern Illinois Notre Dame Duke Auburn
Northwestern Purdue East Carolina South Alabama
Akron Kentucky North Carolina Troy
Bowling Green Louisville North Carolina State Central Florida
Cincinnati Western Kentucky Wake Forest Florida International
Kent State Marshall Clemson Florida
Miami (Ohio) West Virginia Coastal Carolina Florida Atlantic
Ohio Boston College South Carolina Florida State
Ohio State Missouri Maryland Miami (Florida)
Central Michigan Liberty Navy South Florida
Eastern Michigan Old Dominion Rutgers Georgia
Michigan Virginia Army Georgia Southern
Michigan State Virginia Tech Buffalo Georgia State
Western Michigan   Syracuse Georgia Tech