UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 9:07 PM, cujoforlife said:

Did the winner from both sides have to play each other in a championship game to see who got in? If it was a 12 team district?

Zones were pretty popular in all sports back then.

I've been researching Longview baseball results this month, and have found a lot of times they did zone districts for baseball as well. One was Longview/Marshall/Texas High in the North zone, Lee/Lufkin/John Tyler in the South zone.

I find it extremely fascinating.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, Champ1000 said:

I am guessing some of these schools in Tyler and Marshall were the African American schools like Tyler Scott and Marshall school right? 

Tyler Emmett Scott and Marshall Pemberton were the 4A schools yes.

Only lasted two years with the 4A schools however.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I've been researching Longview baseball results this month, and have found a lot of times they did zone districts for baseball as well. One was Longview/Marshall/Texas High in the North zone, Lee/Lufkin/John Tyler in the South zone.

Cool 

16 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Were districts allowed to determine if they wanted to have a zone or not when they didn’t absolutely need one? I would imagine UIL wouldn’t really bother to zone a 6 team district themselves, though they might have because of all the travel.

22 hours ago, mTex said:

Were districts allowed to determine if they wanted to have a zone or not when they didn’t absolutely need one? I would imagine UIL wouldn’t really bother to zone a 6 team district themselves, though they might have because of all the travel.

I think back then the UIL mandated the zones

15 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

So they just didn't play for a title . That would be terrible for the kids. 

Yeah....1960 Colmesneil won all the way to Regional....then that was it.....couldn't go any further......best season in school history to date.....

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Any new mocks ups of who could be in the East Texas District?

I think every single scenario possible is already out there to be honest.

Longview/John Tyler could go north with Sherman, McKinney North, Wylie East and West Mesquite.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster and Red Oak.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak and Midlothian.

Longview/John Tyler could be with Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak, Midlothian, Mansfield Summit and Mansfield Timberview.

Maybe they even do a Longview/John Tyler with Wylie East, West Mesquite, Lancaster, Red Oak and Highland Park.

It'll be a mixture, somewhat, of all of these teams. But obviously Longview and John Tyler will be together.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, MattStepp said:

Going through the DCTF archives and doing some old UIL realignments...fascinating to see old schools that no longer exist, schools that are now huge that were once tiny, and some of the really quirky districts the UIL put together.....

I'll be doing this during the off-season....first up is the 1960-1961 alignments

Yeah, I love looking at the historical stuff. It's pretty sad in some ways. I'm much more of a small town fan.  I miss the fun football used to be in Plano when it was different. It's not fun seeing Princeton grow. The stadium used to be filled but not the last 2 years even with the town growth. Winning could change it. 

On 1/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, Champ1000 said:

Yes District Champion was the only playoff team. In theory a 9-1 team could miss the playoffs.

9-0-1 teams had missed playoffs in the past. One example: Plano tied #1 Sherman in '77, 14-14. Sherman 9-0-1 stayed home and Plano won state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I think every single scenario possible is already out there to be honest.

Longview/John Tyler could go north with Sherman, McKinney North, Wylie East and West Mesquite.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster and Red Oak.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak and Midlothian.

Longview/John Tyler could be with Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak, Midlothian, Mansfield Summit and Mansfield Timberview.

Maybe they even do a Longview/John Tyler with Wylie East, West Mesquite, Lancaster, Red Oak and Highland Park.

It'll be a mixture, somewhat, of all of these teams. But obviously Longview and John Tyler will be together.

Seeing that HO is in all of these is a shock to be honest. All, but one