ETx Game of the Decade

Eagleborn

My picks are biased obviously 

GW/Gilmer 2014 atmosphere was electric With a lot of great football players 

GW/Gilmer 2011 overtime game GW scored first then Gilmer scored and kicked the xp to tie, GW jumps offsides and Gilmer went for two and the win. 
Corey Davis ran wild that game. 

2019 GW/Pottsboro The never quit game. GW came back from a nice sized deficit in the fourth after continuously shooting themselves in the foot for three quarters. GW’s season was on the line a handful of plays but finally ended on the two point try to win the game.

6 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Did y’all’s QB go anywhere for baseball from that year? He was a great pitcher too wasn’t he?

Nah, I don't believe so. Not baseball anyway. Yea, he played baseball but other ND players & pitchers were better than him imo. He was a very special QB. 

He's not playing any college ball, and he went to SMU as a student is my understanding. 

Not really seen a lot of non Hawk games, so my homer picks:

(Besides winning State)

Pleasant Grove vs Argyle in 2009     W 35-19

Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer 2017       W 41-38

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage 2018   L 21-28

Man the 2014 Gilmer and Gladewater game was the best. Cold night but a packed stadium. Gilmer went on and won state, but nothing compares to that game. 

another is a 2011 Tatum vs Harmony. I believe if I’m not mistaken this was the year that Harmony upset Tatum with a missed field goal attempt. Harmony played their best game and Tatum didn’t have Jalen Overstreet, but was still an upset. I’m from Harmony, and was watching this game in the stands, but still would be my second best game of the decade for me. 

10 hours ago, 903sweetshot said:

Man the 2014 Gilmer and Gladewater game was the best. Cold night but a packed stadium. Gilmer went on and won state, but nothing compares to that game. 

another is a 2011 Tatum vs Harmony. I believe if I’m not mistaken this was the year that Harmony upset Tatum with a missed field goal attempt. Harmony played their best game and Tatum didn’t have Jalen Overstreet, but was still an upset. I’m from Harmony, and was watching this game in the stands, but still would be my second best game of the decade for me. 

Same season in the semi finals Tatum had a heck of a game with Hempstead. They returned 2nd half kickoff for TD and that was difference. Neither offense could get anything going. Hempstead won 21-14. Don’t think we could of beaten Melissa the following week but it would of been fun to try. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:58 PM, BearFan13 said:

My picks are biased obviously 

GW/Gilmer 2014 atmosphere was electric With a lot of great football players 

GW/Gilmer 2011 overtime game GW scored first then Gilmer scored and kicked the xp to tie, GW jumps offsides and Gilmer went for two and the win. 
Corey Davis ran wild that game. 

2019 GW/Pottsboro The never quit game. GW came back from a nice sized deficit in the fourth after continuously shooting themselves in the foot for three quarters. GW’s season was on the line a handful of plays but finally ended on the two point try to win the game.

All really great games. I'll add one more that didn't really count for much because it was a non district game and that's the Gladewater win over PG at their Stadium, in the rain. PG was the defending 4A Div 2 champion.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Matt said:

I have a few ...

JAX vs Nac... October 2010. 12 OTs, longest HS game in history. My bladder will never be the same 😳 game over at 12:50am with JAX winning 84-81. The game was a bit of a farce because of the point system. People were literally asleep in the stands.

THAT leads me to the 2014 game with Nacogdoches and Jacksonville playing at Tomato Bowl. FIVE overtimes, legit GAME, Jacksonville wins 85-79. 

I recognize there was ZERO defense in those games.

I was at the Gilmer-Gladewater game in 2014 at Lobo Stadium. wow! 

Also, hard to top the Longview state championship game in 2017....was there for that one, too, and it was the LOUDEST CROWD I’ve ever heard at a HS game. I was at the 1977 state championship game Plano vs PN Groves with national record 49,000+ at Texas Stadium and it still wasn’t as loud as the Longview game in 2017. Incredible. 

State was 2018 not 2017