Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

All it will take(even if it is a big one)is finding a somewhat mobile Qb that has a strong arm. At least a good enough arm to get the ball up to our tall wrs. There's nobody I've seen that can guard Savion if the ball is put in a good high position. I'd like to see Older Phillips and Rawls get some qb reps running some zone read n rpos. Phillips is a physical runner with a strong pitcher arm if im not mistaken. Anything is worth a try at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You vote blue dont you? My goodness how in the world has he been exposed? 

This just in.. the Pittsburgh Steelers are the only racist organization in the AFC. Many reports on fans making comments (none confirmed.) Many reports one racist sign in the stands 5 years ago (nobod

I am pretty sure the seniors and parents of those seniors want to see their kid finish their career in some fashion. This will be the last time many of these kids pick up a bat, you also have the ones

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

New Dave Campbell Rankings 

6A Longview is #4

5AD1 Lufkin is # 5

4AD1 Carthage is #2

4AD1  Paris is #5

4AD2 Pleasant Grove is #1

4AD2 Jasper is 2

4AD2 Gilmer is #5

 

Lots of 5A teams are getting some very good competition (or beat downs. Lol) with these 6A-4A teams!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

New Dave Campbell Rankings 

6A Longview is #4

5AD1 Lufkin is # 5

4AD1 Carthage is #2

4AD1  Paris is #5

4AD2 Pleasant Grove is #1

4AD2 Jasper is 2

4AD2 Gilmer is #5

 

So.....do we claim Huntsville as east Texas? I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

So.....do we claim Huntsville as east Texas? I do. 

Yeah wasn't paying attention to Huntsville, I don't think of east Texas when I think Huntsville. I think of them as Bryan college st or Houston. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

New Dave Campbell Rankings 

6A Longview is #4

5AD1 Lufkin is # 5

4AD1 Carthage is #2

4AD1  Paris is #5

4AD2 Pleasant Grove is #1

4AD2 Jasper is 2

4AD2 Gilmer is #5

 

Cool. Maybe MP can beat Paris next week. That would be a lift for their spirits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah wasn't paying attention to Huntsville, I don't think of east Texas when I think Huntsville. I think of them as Bryan college st or Houston. 

They are close to trinity and Livingston. That’s east Texas. Definitely on the line for east Texas 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I was going to wait until the first week of district for everyone to do this, but there isn't much to discuss this week for the Panthers. So, here are the current predictions in Region 2 for the playoffs teams in 5A D1.

 

 

W5. LONE STAR VS F6. WILSON

R8. MAGNOLIA WEST VS T7. SHERMAN

W6. HIGHLAND PARK VS F5. WAKELAND

R7. TEXAS HIGH VS T8. MAGNOLIA 

 

W7. MCKINNEY NORTH VS F8. CANEY CREEK

R6. LANCASTER VS T5. INDEPENDENCE 

W8. LUFKIN VS F7. JOHN TYLER

R5. THE COLONY VS T6. SAMUELL

 

 

And yea, I know a few of these teams aren't making the playoffs like Caney Creek. These are still the current predictions....at least I think. MaxPreps isn't always accurate....

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

 I was going to wait until the first week of district for everyone to do this, but there isn't much to discuss this week for the Panthers. So, here are the current predictions in Region 2 for the playoffs teams in 5A D1.

 

 

W5. LONE STAR VS F6. WILSON

R8. MAGNOLIA WEST VS T7. SHERMAN

W6. HIGHLAND PARK VS F5. WAKELAND

R7. TEXAS HIGH VS T8. MAGNOLIA 

 

W7. MCKINNEY NORTH VS F8. CANEY CREEK

R6. LANCASTER VS T5. INDEPENDENCE 

W8. LUFKIN VS F7. JOHN TYLER

R5. THE COLONY VS T6. SAMUELL

 

 

And yea, I know a few of these teams aren't making the playoffs like Caney Creek. These are still the current predictions....at least I think. MaxPreps isn't always accurate....

 

 

 

 

 

I hate that the uil ensures the east Texas districts play each other early!! The best football region in the state has the toughest road year after year. 2a-6a!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I hate that the uil ensures the east Texas districts play each other early!! The best football region in the state has the toughest road year after year. 2a-6a!! 

Yep, but if JT and the Pack both win district, we won’t have to play early. If it happens and both teams do what’s expected, It should be the third round. I rather it’s the 4th though, similar to us and Longview in 2017. The winner going to the semis and a few wins from state. Just don’t expect it. HP heavy favorites this season

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Yep, but if JT and the Pack both win district, we won’t have to play early. If it happens and both teams do what’s expected, It should be the third round. I rather it’s the 4th though, similar to us and Longview in 2017. The winner going to the semis and a few wins from state. Just don’t expect it. HP heavy favorites this season

This is true, but they make sure HP has an as easy road as possible. Not to mention people playing them at the star

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9-5A didn't fair particularly well in the non-district part of the schedule.

Nac finishes their Non-District slate tonight before joining most of the district in the bye week next week.

Mt Pleasant is the only district team off this week and hosts Paris next week. 

9-15 in non-District(assuming a Nac and MP loss in their 3rd game which is expected).

fun to talk about but it all resets in 2 weeks when we are all 0-0!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

District went (1-5) last night.  Will likely be 1-6 after Lee takes care of Nac tonight. 

Lone win was an unimpressive Hallsville win over Bullard in OT. 

Race could be interesting. Anyone’s tithe to take. 

The clear cut favorite has returned to the pack. 

So far..... doesn’t appear anyone wants it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both districts seem down this year, at least aren’t as good as last year early on. College Station did get a good win against Huntsville. But their Qb was out. I think it’s still a good win though. 

Not sure who’s the favorite to win the D2 district. The Pack should still be the favorite in our district 8 5A D1. After what i watched on Thursday, I’m guessing district 7 will either be Thigh, North or JT. Outside chance of maybe Poteet. I think we’ll see early on during the start of district who the favorite should be though. 

Enjoy the ride though guys and good luck to everyone! After tonight games, it will already be week 4..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

What yall think about hp going down to Frisco that was a shocker

Does absolutely nothing for Lufkin..🤷🏽‍♂️ hopefully those teams stay on the other side of the bracket. 

 

But.......it’s always great to see them  lose. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the playoff projections for this week. College station will be the only team in our district 8 5A D1 playing this week. John Tyler is out right after going 0-3 with the 42-0 lost to Longview, but I still expect them to make the playoffs. Also the top three teams from 5A D1 district 5 are 3-0. After the LS win at Highland Park, Lone Star may be the new top dog in 5A D1. 

 

W5. LONE STAR 3-0 VS F6. SAMUELL 1-2

R8. MAGNOLIA 2-1 VS T7. SHERMAN 2-1

W6. HIGHLAND PARK 2-1 VS F5. WAKELAND 2-1

R7. MCKINNEY NORTH 2-1 VS T8. COLLEGE STATION 1-1

 

W7. TEXAS HIGH 2-1 VS F8. MAGNOLIA WEST 1-2

R6. LANCASTER 2-1 VS T5. INDEPENDENCE  3-0

W8. LUFKIN 2-1 VS F7. WYLIE EAST 1-2

R5. THE COLONY 3-0 VS T6. MANS.TIMBERVIEW 1-2

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • LOL changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...