๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

###...that would totally tank the TEXAS recruiting class though. surely the UT higher up's have to realize that this is not an ideal situation. the Horns have holes to fill and need a good class and need to steal some guys back. if they named Urban...I bet four to five 5-stars bounce over FAST!!!

Slow your roll Clark! Meyer is the kind of coach that can pull in some top recruits, but that's not going to happen this year.

17 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Slow your roll Clark! Meyer is the kind of coach that can pull in some top recruits, but that's not going to happen this year.

sorry guys...I didn't put my glasses on, soย when I looked at the side of the container of burnt orange kool-aid and it said 2ย T-spoons per 20oz...I was totally thinking it said 2 shovels full per 20oz...again sorry, I was jittery and my hook'em fingers were smashing the keyboard crazilyย ย 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Bobby Burton was relaying some of the coaching staffs thoughts on the freshmen this year andย had this to say about former Longview Lobo. Thought some of you Longview guys might like to see it.
ย 

Sawyer Goram-Welchย is considered one of the finds of the class. While he is currently playing DT, he could move over to offense in the off-season and try his hand at either guard or tackle. Coaches really like his motor, toughness and better-than-anticipated athleticism.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Bobby Burton was relaying some of the coaching staffs thoughts on the freshmen this year andย had this to say about former Longview Lobo. Thought some of you Longview guys might like to see it.

Sawyer Goram-Welchย is considered one of the finds of the class. While he is currently playing DT, he could move over to offense in the off-season and try his hand at either guard or tackle. Coaches really like his motor, toughness and better-than-anticipated athleticism.

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, he's played a few positions in his career at LISD. I believe he was a pretty decent TE in his younger days. And he was listed on the roster at various positions on the O- and D-line before finding a home at DT. I have no doubt that Sawyer will excelย at any opportunity is presented.ย 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas regular season finale vs Kansas has been canceled. It will be considered a no contest and not be made up.ย 
Texas finishes the season at 6-3.ย 

as Texas crossed the 50-point mark last week against K-State I figure the powers that be at Kansas were in the midst of cancelling...rather than give up 100...probably feared Herman would def run the score up to try and hold on to job.

45 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

as Texas crossed the 50-point mark last week against K-State I figure the powers that be at Kansas were in the midst of cancelling...rather than give up 100...probably feared Herman would def run the score up to try and hold on to job.

Or the fact that Texas has over 20 positive Covid tests just this week on the team and staff....

18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Hermanย is the coach as of now. ย Thatโ€™s the statement that CDC put out. ย Thereโ€™s still a bowl game and the issue will be addressed then. ย After the bowlย game there may be another announcement saying the same thing about Herman being the coach next year but as of right now all that can be said is Herman is the coach right now. ย All the decent reporters at horns 247 left. ย I didnโ€™t read the link because it came from 247 and chip brown has been played so many times lately he has 0 credibility left. ย The release from the AD says enough..... Herman is the coach right now. ย 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Tom canโ€™t be happy with the way that statement was worded.ย 

Yep. I gotta give mad props to the UT marketing flunky who wrote that statement. It's very well crafted to seem to say a lot without saying anything important. No sarcasm. Legit props.ย 

• Like 1