Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They need some new material. The MSPaint stuff is hilarious. 

862gLyJ.jpg

Also think it's hilarious how hard they rode the "aggy waiting on SEC offer" animation but immediately abandoned it when the SEC offered A&M a couple weeks later. 

 

This is awesome. Of course these teams were way down when this pic was made. The guy was a legend on ShaggyBevo for his Paint art. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

This is awesome. Of course these teams were way down when this pic was made. The guy was a legend on ShaggyBevo for his Paint art. 

Yeah that was 2010 when Texas went 5-7 completely out of the blue after like 12 straight 10+ win seasons. It made me happy how he took that in stride and made everyone laugh during the rough season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

FB59875D-802B-43EF-BC16-CB6283D9B3AE.jpeg

I got mixed emotions about this. The Cowboys are getting a good up and coming young coach but my Aggies are losing the same guy who seemed like a good recruiter. Are we sure there ain’t a way that they can share him? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Mo will sting. He had some very big fish targeted with strong interest for 2021. A&M will need to make a big hire to replace him. 

Latest everyone is hearing in Evans is it’s basically A&M if he gets a qualified act score back this week and will enroll. If he doesn’t this likely stretches to the fall with a couple of schools targeting him. 

 

There are still some very good programs with other options available targeting Evans, so I’m starting to think these coaches believe he can get it together and leave this drama behind him. We will see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stoney said:

I got mixed emotions about this. The Cowboys are getting a good up and coming young coach but my Aggies are losing the same guy who seemed like a good recruiter. Are we sure there ain’t a way that they can share him? 

Any good target out there. Seems Fisher doesn't have any trouble getting quality assistants. Recruiting may take a hit but says a lot about your program when assistants are getting promoted . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WETSU said:

Losing Mo will sting. He had some very big fish targeted with strong interest for 2021. A&M will need to make a big hire to replace him. 

Latest everyone is hearing in Evans is it’s basically A&M if he gets a qualified act score back this week and will enroll. If he doesn’t this likely stretches to the fall with a couple of schools targeting him. 

 

There are still some very good programs with other options available targeting Evans, so I’m starting to think these coaches believe he can get it together and leave this drama behind him. We will see. 

Man I just don't know. I think A&M dodged a bullet when Martell decommitted and went to OSU, and I hear this Evans kid is worse. All the talent in the world can't make up for a cancer in the locker room. I'd say Jimbo wouldn't put up with it, but I've also heard people state that Jimbo enabled Jameis Winston at FSU. I know he suspended him a few times, but I've read that he got away with a lot of stuff. I really don't know the truth... not knocking on Jimbo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Man I just don't know. I think A&M dodged a bullet when Martell decommitted and went to OSU, and I hear this Evans kid is worse. All the talent in the world can't make up for a cancer in the locker room. I'd say Jimbo wouldn't put up with it, but I've also heard people state that Jimbo enabled Jameis Winston at FSU. I know he suspended him a few times, but I've read that he got away with a lot of stuff. I really don't know the truth... not knocking on Jimbo.

Winston has had a decent nfl career conduct wise. So jimbo did enough to turn him around imo. That’s the sign of a good coach. Knowing how to change these troubled guys around. 

 

I agree evans May be bad for A&M. He could potentially be a problem. Or maybe he gets to campus from day 1 with a new attitude because he’s no longer the big fish who thinks he’s above it all. Time will tell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Man I just don't know. I think A&M dodged a bullet when Martell decommitted and went to OSU, and I hear this Evans kid is worse. All the talent in the world can't make up for a cancer in the locker room. I'd say Jimbo wouldn't put up with it, but I've also heard people state that Jimbo enabled Jameis Winston at FSU. I know he suspended him a few times, but I've read that he got away with a lot of stuff. I really don't know the truth... not knocking on Jimbo.

That may be true, but Fisher would not have the “status” he does with out Winston.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That may be true, but Fisher would not have the “status” he does with out Winston.

That’s very true. Which is why at least attempting to get these guys on campus and part of the program is vital. If he doesn’t work out so be it, but guys like Evans can be the difference in a 10 win season and a title. He’s elite. I think you have to try to get what you can out of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Looking like we have to get a RB this class by hook or by crook. Cordarrian Richardson is gone.

Without Evans A&M might go into next season with 3 RBs on the roster. I wonder if Preston gets a look there. He’s got skills but isn’t shining at WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WETSU said:

Winston has had a decent nfl career conduct wise. So jimbo did enough to turn him around imo. That’s the sign of a good coach. Knowing how to change these troubled guys around. 

 

I agree evans May be bad for A&M. He could potentially be a problem. Or maybe he gets to campus from day 1 with a new attitude because he’s no longer the big fish who thinks he’s above it all. Time will tell. 

Do you really believe that first paragraph?

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WETSU said:

Winston has had a decent nfl career conduct wise. So jimbo did enough to turn him around imo. That’s the sign of a good coach. Knowing how to change these troubled guys around. 

 

I agree evans May be bad for A&M. He could potentially be a problem. Or maybe he gets to campus from day 1 with a new attitude because he’s no longer the big fish who thinks he’s above it all. Time will tell. 

The fact that Jimbo got him to the NFL shows that he is a good coach.  The behavior part I believe Jimbo channeled and diverted...  Winston probably wasn't a bad dude.  Just a stupid dude that hung around a lot of other stupid dudes before he had to become a responsible adult.  Old Crab Legs did ok for himself in the end.

Evans will be bad for anyone.  I seriously mean anyone.  He will not be happy unless he is the #1 on day 1 and sets the world on fire.  If there was a Vegas line on it, I would bet that he transfers from his first school to another after 1 year...  or we will see him "withdraw" and go to Last Chance U.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The fact that Jimbo got him to the NFL shows that he is a good coach.  The behavior part I believe Jimbo channeled and diverted...  Winston probably wasn't a bad dude.  Just a stupid dude that hung around a lot of other stupid dudes before he had to become a responsible adult.  Old Crab Legs did ok for himself in the end.

Evans will be bad for anyone.  I seriously mean anyone.  He will not be happy unless he is the #1 on day 1 and sets the world on fire.  If there was a Vegas line on it, I would bet that he transfers from his first school to another after 1 year...  or we will see him "withdraw" and go to Last Chance U.

You very well may be right on Evans. But I think there’s a little more to him. Regardless he’s the type of talent you have to take a chance in imo. He might very well be the #1 guy if his attitude is right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Winston probably wasn't a bad dude.  Just a stupid dude that hung around a lot of other stupid dudes before he had to become a responsible adult.  

You wouldn't believe how many players have good hearts and are good kids but they get in with the wrong people. It's really sad. Think about guys like Vince Young. Good dude who got in with the wrong crowd who of course don't care about him when he doesn't have money rolling through. And they certainly didn't care about him enough to help him make smart decisions with money.

Before he died, John Outlaw said that about Dez Bryant- that he was a good kid who just had the wrong people in his ear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Peveto out as LB coach, Tyler Santucci leaving Wake Forest to rejoin Elko.

I hate it for Peveto. He was recruiting well but his health has just hurt his career it seems. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I hate it for Peveto. He was recruiting well but his health has just hurt his career it seems. 

Peveto really shocked me. I thought it was a bad hire  at first, to him really putting in some good work with the LBs and recruiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it before, I'll say it again. I've got relatives and friends in Houston who are football nuts, and they socialize with plenty other football nuts. They tell me that there is no one who will brag on Evans for his personality. 

As for Texas A&M - Fisher's trying to get his program up and successful and prove he's worth the money. Doubt he's going to find Evans worth the risk. For every Ray Lewis, there are three Marcus Duprees and Maurice Claretts. I don't know what kind of contact he's still eligible for, but I'd be willing to bet any serious coach is going to want to have a long, serious talk with him before he thinks about signing him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilgore College JUCO RB Earnest Crownover commits to A&M on his visit to College Station. His brother Dametrious Crownover is a huge 2021 recruit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...