Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

Marshall Malchow, Georgia’s former Director of Player Personnel, will be the new Associated AD for Football Personnel at A&M. Helped play a part in three straight top 3 classes for Georgia, I guess. Honestly have no idea what his job is or does.

He’s thought of as a top 3 guy in the country at his position by most. It’s not a position you hear much about but it’s an important part of the team in a non coaching roll. He was one of the first hires Smart made at Georgia. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Did he leave Georgia for A&M?

Yes. A&M money whipped him apparently. Jimbo really wanted him and moved fast with an offer that couldn’t be refused. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yes. A&M money whipped him apparently. Jimbo really wanted him and moved fast with an offer that couldn’t be refused. 

So he said that his signature or his brains were gonna be on the contract? 

SpiffyThirdDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Any idea of replacement of Graham?

Might not be anyone announced until after signing day this late in the game. Who knows. As far as who it will be that’s up in the air. Expect it to be a recruiter first. RB might be the easiest position to coach in all of football. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be noted that Tennessee gave him a fair offer, but one that could have been countered and A&M let him go without even countering. So take that for what it’s worth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It should be noted that Tennessee gave him a fair offer, but one that could have been countered and A&M let him go without even countering. So take that for what it’s worth. 

Can't blame him either. $$ isn't everything especially when your school is calling. UT is trending in the right direction so understandable that he made this move. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It should be noted that Tennessee gave him a fair offer, but one that could have been countered and A&M let him go without even countering. So take that for what it’s worth. 

With what’s gone on in the RB room this year it’s probably not a bad thing to let him go. Jimbo has done a solid job replacing the old staff with the new. Who’s the Georgia RB coach? Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoney said:

With what’s gone on in the RB room this year it’s probably not a bad thing to let him go. Jimbo has done a solid job replacing the old staff with the new. Who’s the Georgia RB coach? Lol 

Yea I have little doubt that this won’t hurt much. Graham hasn’t really recruited or handled the room all that well and it’s such an easy position to coach you can just go get the best recruiter available from any offensive position and probably be okay. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoney said:

With what’s gone on in the RB room this year it’s probably not a bad thing to let him go. Jimbo has done a solid job replacing the old staff with the new. Who’s the Georgia RB coach? Lol 

Missing out on Evans and Emmit Smith 's son hurt but a year after leading the sec in rushing wasnt a good look. Having most of your Rushing unit enter the tranfer portal is a bad sign whether if its his fault or not. 

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Super Bowl party landed its first commitment last night. ‘21 4* OT Trey Zuhn joins Eli Stowers and Shadrach Banks as Aggie commits. It’s a good year for o-lineman and hopefully this is the first of a handful more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Elijah Robinson staying at A&M. Haven’t seen a raise or a change in title yet for him. Penn State was rumored to be after him. Keeping him and Price together should mean good things on the d-line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Elijah Robinson staying at A&M. Haven’t seen a raise or a change in title yet for him. Penn State was rumored to be after him. Keeping him and Price together should mean good things on the d-line.

I get wanting to go back to your alma mater, but I think he made the right choice staying. He’s doing very well recruiting at A&M, and who knows maybe he’s in the mix for the DC spot when Elko makes a move. Which could be this year if the defense performs like I think they will. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I get wanting to go back to your alma mater, but I think he made the right choice staying. He’s doing very well recruiting at A&M, and who knows maybe he’s in the mix for the DC spot when Elko makes a move. Which could be this year if the defense performs like I think they will. 

It’s kinda like Elko to Rutgers last year. Sometimes the best move to get you to the next level is to stay put. Elko to Rutgers would have been a bad move for him. The rumors around Penn State and Franklin, Robinson going there would’ve been a bad move. 

Im curious to see who the new RB Coach is gonna be. It didn’t take long to get Malchow or Coley. Hope whoever it is can get us a shot with Wheaton or Johnson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Things look good for Hubbard. Who knows how McKinley Jackson turns out? Good news is we should we know early (9:30am or so) if they commit or not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stoney said:

Hubbard commits, A&M has their 3rd running back of the class. 

I don’t really like the pickup here. I like both the other backs in the class better, as well as Spiller and Anias Smith. This kid is probably 5th in the depth chart from day 1 imo. I know depth is important but I just don’t agree with using a scholarship on him here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t really like the pickup here. I like both the other backs in the class better, as well as Spiller and Anias Smith. This kid is probably 5th in the depth chart from day 1 imo. I know depth is important but I just don’t agree with using a scholarship on him here. 

Especially if Crownover is there in the Fall. So that means the ‘21 Class is down to 23 already with Phillips and Crownover? At least it should help in a way with LJ Johnson. Come in ‘21 and be RB2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

FA8F6169-FC8B-4E92-8030-63B7B5A535AC.jpeg

Boom!!!

Bama fans have been saying he’s a lock and trash talking for a week or two now. It’s funny to see them lose almost as much as good as it is to get the kid. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...