The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Hubbard commits, A&M has their 3rd running back of the class. 

Quality RB in at a postion that was needed. Transfer portal hurt A&M in that area. I wonder if they played a part of the coach leaving. Might be a coincidence. Overall solid Class

20 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Yes he did 

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Did King enroll early? 

It’s a good thing. Not for him to try and win the starting job or anything like that. Kid needs to be in the weight room, getting football weight put on him. He’s light right now. Put some good muscle on him. Get him used to the playbook and let’s see what he can do against Calzada in 2021 for the job.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

It’s a good thing. Not for him to try and win the starting job or anything like that. Kid needs to be in the weight room, getting football weight put on him. He’s light right now. Put some good muscle on him. Get him used to the playbook and let’s see what he can do against Calzada in 2021 for the job.

I agree. He’ll pick up the playbook quickly and he should add good weight pretty quickly as well. It’ll be fun to see how he looks at the spring game. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Putting in work during the offseason will never be an issue for Haynes. I don't know how good he'll end up, but I can guarantee you he'll get better each year. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, AKA said:

Putting in work during the offseason will never be an issue for Haynes. I don't know how good he'll end up, but I can guarantee you he'll get better each year. 

Haynes doesn’t haven’t to come in and be a world beater by himself. If he can just be consistent for four quarters that would make a lot of Aggie fans happy. It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB we could say that about. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Incredible what this staff was able to do out of state 

Especially on the defensive side. That two deep is starting to look SEC level. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Especially on the defensive side. That two deep is starting to look SEC level. 

This defense will be extremely talented and not only do they have talent at all positions, they have now started to build depth which is the most important part. You have to be deep at all positions if you want to compete with Alabama and LSU! 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

This defense will be extremely talented and not only do they have talent at all positions, they have now started to build depth which is the most important part. You have to be deep at all positions if you want to compete with Alabama and LSU! 

Look at the middle of this defense. Brown, Leal, Peevy, Jackson on the line. Hines, White, Johnson, Doyle, Cooper, Hansford at linebacker. Williams, Richardson, O’Neal and Johnson at safety. A lot of good defenses are built strong up the middle. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stoney said:

F750A79A-E716-4F96-BD73-23950CF5DD68.jpeg

The #1 DE and DT in NJ... so he got the only one?  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I saw someone figure it up and just figuring every teams defensive recruits, A&M signed the best defensive class in the country from by the points scale the composite rankings use. 

Regarding King, he’s got some mechanical things he needs to work on as wells it’s actually pretty impressive how accurate and the velocity he has considering how poor he is technically. I think the next 12 months for him will be just about improving technique and gaining weight. He will be a in a fight with Calzada next spring and Stowers has the athletic ability to challenge from day 1 as well. Next spring will be a QB battle that A&M hasn’t seen in some time. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

I saw someone figure it up and just figuring every teams defensive recruits, A&M signed the best defensive class in the country from by the points scale the composite rankings use. 

Finished with the #6 class.  Not bad.  The only real issue is that 2 conference divisional foes still somehow recruited better.  Either way, A&M recruiting stays on the upswing, now they just need their win totals to do the same

3D2DB186-6CA2-4CF5-AD3B-800B4A92A56A.jpeg

You can have your crazy Zach Evans recruiting stories, I’ll take the Jordan Jefferson one every time. This makes it seem like he’s a good kid who just kinda “lucked” into a spot. Hope I’m wrong about him but it seemed weird the whole time. 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, DB2point0 said:

According to the 247 composite and the ESPN top 300 King was not the top qb in Texas.  

Those rankings are Aggie rankings only. They do their own rankings for the state. It’s kinda misleading that they pass it off as real ranking but meh.

DB301E9C-A96B-4474-98C6-277ACFA5ACE8.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Stinks 1
5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Those rankings are Aggie rankings only. They do their own rankings for the state. It’s kinda misleading that they pass it off as real ranking but meh.

DB301E9C-A96B-4474-98C6-277ACFA5ACE8.jpeg

It’s like “Big 12 South Championships” lol.

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It’s like “Big 12 South Championships” lol.

Meh. OU fans always like to talk about this but it’s sort of irrelevant to me. A&M beat both OU and North champion Nebraska yet lost the tie breaker due to OU due to rankings. It’s whatever. I agree with you it’s stupid to claim that or whatever, but it’s also equally as stupid that nearly 10 years later you’re still talking about it.

Just now, WETSU said:

Meh. OU fans always like to talk about this but it’s sort of irrelevant to me. A&M beat both OU and North champion Nebraska yet lost the tie breaker due to OU due to rankings. It’s whatever. I agree with you it’s stupid to claim that or whatever, but it’s also equally as stupid that nearly 10 years later you’re still talking about it.

It’s February. What else is there really to talk about.

• Haha 1