Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Who you play matters! Cincinnati is undefeated as well and costal Carolina . Both wouldn’t win anything.

But how do you know? If these teams are in FBS football and have zero chance to win a NC when they go undefeated, the system is majorly flawed. Just like TCU got shafted back in 2010-11ish because they played in the Mountain West. They beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and finished ranked #3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

But how do you know? If these teams are in FBS football and have zero chance to win a NC when they go undefeated, the system is majorly flawed. Just like TCU got shafted back in 2010-11ish because they played in the Mountain West. They beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and finished ranked #3.

I believe should be eight teams. Pretty sure after eight you can’t really justify being in a playoff as a top tier team. We don’t know . Just like we don’t know Ohio st is better than A&M or Cincinnati. Reputation says so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

But how do you know? If these teams are in FBS football and have zero chance to win a NC when they go undefeated, the system is majorly flawed. Just like TCU got shafted back in 2010-11ish because they played in the Mountain West. They beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and finished ranked #3.

In this same thread, you called me out for not advocating for unbeaten G5 teams to get in the playoff. Now you’re advocating for a 5 win team to make the playoff over two 10-0 G5 teams. SMH

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

In this same thread, you called me out for not advocating for unbeaten G5 teams to get in the playoff. Now you’re advocating for a 5 win team to make the playoff over two 10-0 G5 teams. SMH

You are the new Radio. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Is every sooner fan born in Oklahoma? Cuz I think OL’ DB2 over there is ready to make a change. 

Nope, longhorn fan....tshirt and all.  Born that way, guess I’ll die that way.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Says one team can only play the games on their schedule... Immediately turns around and calls out another team for their schedule. Smh 

What I mean is you can’t make the p5 teams play them.  Especially when some are strategically placing fcs teams in late November to help boost ratings.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I believe should be eight teams. Pretty sure after eight you can’t really justify being in a playoff as a top tier team. We don’t know . Just like we don’t know Ohio st is better than A&M or Cincinnati. Reputation says so.

He asked how you know, not how you would fix it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Who you play matters! Cincinnati is undefeated as well and costal Carolina . Both wouldn’t win anything.

And you know this how?  Until given the chance you’re using perception, opinion, bias to decide this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

What I mean is you can’t make the p5 teams play them.  Especially when some are strategically placing fcs teams in late November to help boost ratings.  

Are you a fly? Have you been on the walls in every mid majors room? Do you know every exchange ever made behind closed doors? 

Let me help you. You don't have a clue. Not in the slightest. For all you and the world knows, UCF turned down a dozen games with power 5 opponents that year they were good. You act like these guys are only playing their schedule because no power 5 team would play them. Like they were scared or something... No. Its just as likely they just didnt schedule anyone on their own. 

So until you can show me video evidence of a mid major like Cincy or UCF calling every power 5 team and begging to play and then getting shut down, just keep your mouth closed. You just said someone put words in your mouth, and then you literally put words in the mouth of every power 5 AD in the country. Just stop. Even your mouth breathing obsession with all thingd sec needs to find its limit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WETSU said:

Are you a fly? Have you been on the walls in every mid majors room? Do you know every exchange ever made behind closed doors? 

Let me help you. You don't have a clue. Not in the slightest. For all you and the world knows, UCF turned down a dozen games with power 5 opponents that year they were good. You act like these guys are only playing their schedule because no power 5 team would play them. Like they were scared or something... No. Its just as likely they just didnt schedule anyone on their own. 

So until you can show me video evidence of a mid major like Cincy or UCF calling every power 5 team and begging to play and then getting shut down, just keep your mouth closed. You just said someone put words in your mouth, and then you literally put words in the mouth of every power 5 AD in the country. Just stop. Even your mouth breathing obsession with all thingd sec needs to find its limit. 

We’ve talked about this for years.  Boise has offered to play many p5 teams.  UCF’s AD made a statement that he’d called multiple sec teams to schedule games and none would take him up.  This has been in the news many times.  Why won’t any p5 teams schedule g5 teams?  Because they don’t want to lose to them. I’ve even posted the links to them before.  Go dig them up if you’d like.  Just because you disagree doesn’t make it false.  You still think you’re an authority on college football and it’s funny.  Maybe you should keep quiet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Committed to a lifetime of mediocrity. Well at least you believe in something. 

I guess I could be a bandwagoner Bama fan like two ole fellows I know, but that’s not like me.  I bet you root for the Yankees and Lakers too!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...