The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Like I said before, being a bandwagon fan of a good team doesn’t mean you know football.  Merry Christmas 

If being born in a state that a team represents, and into a family full of that team’s fans that live Or grew up in that state and being raised watching that team’s games every time they were on one of the three channels your TV picks up makes one a bandwagon fan, then I reckon that’s what I are. And I’ll call BS on your family theory. Stop by when you want to compare notes. 

So back to actual Aggie football. WETSU or JohnyFootball or any other Aggie in the know - what has become of Demond Demas. This being the week of NS1, I thought back about his recruiting and all that went on with it for what seemed like a year prior. I know I expected a lot of stats from this guy this year, but I checked and he's only played in two games. Read where someone else mentioned he might be moving on. What's the real story on this kid? I know he's got 5 star talent.

17 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

So back to actual Aggie football. WETSU or JohnyFootball or any other Aggie in the know - what has become of Demond Demas. This being the week of NS1, I thought back about his recruiting and all that went on with it for what seemed like a year prior. I know I expected a lot of stats from this guy this year, but I checked and he's only played in two games. Read where someone else mentioned he might be moving on. What's the real story on this kid? I know he's got 5 star talent.

As of today he is with the team and not planning to leave. 

He is raw. Very athletic but just struggles with the little things of being a WR. I've seen he has a very hard time getting off press coverage at the moment and is a little behind in his route running compared to the other WRs in the class. 

I don't know what will happen to the kid long term, but for now I think its an issue of Jimbo demanding a lot out of the WR position both between the ears and in terms of technique. 

On 12/16/2020 at 4:15 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol 

This didn't age well. 

Answer these three questions:

Did he win the SEC West?

Is he playing in the conference championship game?

Is he even close to the Bama's and Clemson's of CFB?

To me a 7.5 mil a year guy should be able to answer yes to all these questions. JMO.

56 minutes ago, WETSU said:

As of today he is with the team and not planning to leave. 

He is raw. Very athletic but just struggles with the little things of being a WR. I've seen he has a very hard time getting off press coverage at the moment and is a little behind in his route running compared to the other WRs in the class. 

I don't know what will happen to the kid long term, but for now I think its an issue of Jimbo demanding a lot out of the WR position both between the ears and in terms of technique. 

I can appreciate a coach like Jimbo for this very reason. He got a 5 star WR that could have probably gone anywhere in the country. I'm sure the kid was promised all kinds of things to go somewhere else, but Jimbo has higher expectations for all his players. When Demond does make a start, he will know he worked hard to earn it and it wasn't simply due to his athleticism or 5 star rating. 

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Did he win the SEC West?

To me a 7.5 mil a year guy should be able to answer yes to all these questions. JMO.

Dude you're ridiculous. Its year 3. Neither saban nor Dabo had their teams built as deep as they are now by year 3. Hell dabo went 6-6 in year 3 and didnt win a national title until year 8. Where Jimbo has A&M in year 3 is right on track with his salary considering what he started with. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

I can appreciate a coach like Jimbo for this very reason. He got a 5 star WR that could have probably gone anywhere in the country. I'm sure the kid was promised all kinds of things to go somewhere else, but Jimbo has higher expectations for all his players. When Demond does make a start, he will know he worked hard to earn it and it wasn't simply due to his athleticism or 5 star rating. 

That is very true. Jimbo is building his team the right way. It has looked sloppy from time to time, but he has sacrificed short term success for creating the culture to achieve long term success. 

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Did he win the SEC West?

He's the 5th highest paid coach in the country. 

He has his team at #5. Amazing, isn't it? 

And even better? He built it himself and is recruiting at a top level. 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Dude you're ridiculous. Its year 3. Neither saban nor Dabo had their teams built as deep as they are now by year 3. Hell dabo went 6-6 in year 3 and didnt win a national title until year 8. Where Jimbo has A&M in year 3 is right on track with his salary considering what he started with. 

Exactly gotta pay for what you get. The market calls for it. Was it excessive ?yes. Was it necessary , Definitely. A&M never has that caliber of coach and it paying out.

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

If you want to throw the Saban comparison out there then:

Saban won a NC at year 4 at LSU.

Saban won a NC at year 3 at Alabama.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

If you want to throw the Saban comparison out there then:

Saban won a NC at year 4 at LSU.

Saban won a NC at year 3 at Alabama.

To be fair, Jimbo is in the championship hunt in year 3. Now I do not think they are there yet, but the guys implication that the aggies aren't getting their money's worth with Jimbo is just a moronic argument. Like JF pointed out, Jimbo is the 5th highest paid coach and has his team ranked number 5... I'd say in year 3 they are right on track and getting exactly what they paid for and expected. 

My intentions was not to compare Jimbo to saban exactly, just to point out that even the elite coaches in the game take a little time to get their guys to the national title level. 

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

That's appalling that you would call anyone ridiculous on this board after the constant gloating you've done in the last several years about the assistants A&M has hired. Do you remember the gloating you done about the Chavis hire to name one?

And as stated in another post your dead wrong AGAIN on Saban. Now I'm hoping that A&M gets the 4 spot and plays Bama just for your sake.

17 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That's appalling that you would call anyone ridiculous on this board after the constant gloating you've done in the last several years about the assistants A&M has hired. Do you remember the gloating you done about the Chavis hire to name one?

And as stated in another post your dead wrong AGAIN on Saban. Now I'm hoping that A&M gets the 4 spot and plays Bama just for your sake.

Lol. Whatever you say bandwagon bama fan. 

• Haha 3

And where was I "wrong on saban" in my post. I know you have very little reading comprehension, but nothing I said about saban was incorrect. I didnt even say anything specific about him. Tool