Matt Stepp saying East a Texas Job is bout to open!

footballjunky

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You think Coach King from the Lobos is leaving? Maybe to move closer to his son? Lobo fans does he still have a child in school in Longview? That’s as bout as high of a profile job we got in East Texas. 

I know he has a younger daughter I seen somewhere that they did a special over her because she is an Olympic caliber gymnast.  

• Like 1

You think Coach King from the Lobos is leaving? Maybe to move closer to his son? Lobo fans does he still have a child in school in Longview? That’s as bout as high of a profile job we got in East Texas. 

I have to say that yes Longview does have a good program but they are not the only "high profile " program we have in East Texas... How about 7 state titles.. seems to me like Carthage is pretty high profile. Yes both coaches still have kids in school.

Lobo fans does he still have a child in school in Longview?  

37 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I know he has a younger daughter I seen somewhere that they did a special over her because she is an Olympic caliber gymnast.  

Both his kids graduate this year, both are going to be college athletes. 

35 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Wow. They got a good gene pool 

26 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Yeah I would say so 

Coach King and Mrs. Coach King were both collegiate athletes. 

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You think Coach King from the Lobos is leaving? Maybe to move closer to his son? Lobo fans does he still have a child in school in Longview?

I don't think it happens.

At one point earlier this off season, I thought it might. But as of now, I don't think King is the one Stepp is talking about.

But that's just based on what I've heard. Stepp is way more in the nook and cranny of things than I am on an every day basis.

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

No doubt but Surratt is going anywhere. 

Agree. I don't see him leaving Carthage anytime soon. At least not until his kids are all out of school, and he's got the perfect offer somewhere. And I mean a perfect offer, comparable to his current gig.  

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Agree. I don't see him leaving Carthage anytime soon. At least not until his kids are all out of school, and he's got the perfect offer somewhere. And I mean a perfect offer, comparable to his current gig.  

His daughter is graduating this year and someone said his son is in the 6th grade?  If he waits that long, he will be in his upper 50s. I would think the perfect job opportunities narrow considerably for the next level. It is obvious he has a great job with plenty of support as well as outstanding players each year for the program. So, I agree it would take a special opportunity for him to leave Carthage.

43 minutes ago, AKA said:

As tight as he is with his money, his perfect next gig will be retirement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Destry said:

High profile means what you want it to, I will go ahead and give my two cents, Mt Vernon or Gladewater

I can’t see Berry leaving yet. Everyone has been excited about this sophomore class (juniors next year) for years. Money talks though. 

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He’s the second highest paid coach in Texas. Already was dominant and they’re dropping down. How much more perfect can one expect? Got the money and the opportunity to have more rings than fingers. 

Nothing is ever truly perfect. My response was to another poster in regards to a perfect opportunity. Some coaches like bigger challenges and some are content to retire from their current position. If Surratt ever decides to leave, there is no doubt that he will be successful on the next level.