Gilmer AD/Head Football Coach

dillonpanthers

I wouldn’t sleep on Nick York. He was a Class of 2004 Buckeye grad if I remember correctly. Spent some time as Celina’s WRs coach and passing game coordinator, including having a HUGE part in one of our most dynamic/prolific offenses we’ve ever had in the 2015 state finals team. QBs coach for PP right now. He’s a young, talented offensive-minded guy. You’d need someone to come in and get the defense up, but I can assure you, under York, the Buckeyes would score points in spades.

19 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

I wouldn’t sleep on Nick York. He was a Class of 2004 Buckeye grad if I remember correctly. Spent some time as Celina’s WRs coach and passing game coordinator, including having a HUGE part in one of our most dynamic/prolific offenses we’ve ever had in the 2015 state finals team. QBs coach for PP right now. He’s a young, talented offensive-minded guy. You’d need someone to come in and get the defense up, but I can assure you, under York, the Buckeyes would score points in spades.

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:
20 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Not a chance of this happening he was just at Gilmer and went to pewitt. 

• Like 1

A premiere ETX coaching job and you guys have it narrowed down to 2 candidates who are right here local. Why would they limit it to that kind of search? They are gonna get candidates from all over! Why y’all looking for a Gilmer man. Far as I know Surratt had barely ever been to Carthage when he was hired there.

Have a full blown coaching search.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

A premiere ETX coaching job and you guys have it narrowed down to 2 candidates who are right here local. Why would they limit it to that kind of search? They are gonna get candidates from all over! Why y’all looking for a Gilmer man. Far as I know Surratt had barely ever been to Carthage when he was hired there.

Have a full blown coaching search.

^^This

2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

U on crack? He made it 1 year at Gilmer went to Anna now at Pewit   Come on man. Geez 

• Like 1

I really wish people stop trying to compare coaches to traylor. People act like it’s just coaches out there that are in traylors ballpark, I honestly think turner kept the program going sure it was some drop off not just in coaches but the athletes as well. I think with what we have coming back and what’s coming up I wouldn’t want these kids learning a whole new system and coaches but it’s kinda strange that it’s mostly outsiders that think they know what we need 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I really wish people stop trying to compare coaches to traylor. People act like it’s just coaches out there that are in traylors ballpark, I honestly think turner kept the program going sure it was some drop off not just in coaches but the athletes as well. I think with what we have coming back and what’s coming up I wouldn’t want these kids learning a whole new system and coaches but it’s kinda strange that it’s mostly outsiders that think they know what we need 

Maybe y’all find someone that was good at behind the scenes things like JT was........ That might help with the hump...

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Maybe y’all find someone that was good at behind the scenes things like JT was........ That might help with the hump...

Y’all be talking like we still not going to the 3rd round or better every yr how many teams can say that? I bet there isn’t many 

18 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Y’all be talking like we still not going to the 3rd round or better every yr how many teams can say that? I bet there isn’t many 

Is that what it’s come to now? 3 rounds deep is ok in Gilmer? That’s cool. 

• Mr. P locked this topic