Gilmer AD/Head Football Coach

dillonpanthers

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Is that what it’s come to now? 3 rounds deep is ok in Gilmer? That’s cool. 

What u mean u act like we went to state every yr with traylor, yes we had our state appearances but y’all act like we can’t get back there. I’m not trying to throw shots but u act like we are y’all when you guys lost Evans and haven’t really been relevant we are always in the discussion 

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

What u mean u act like we went to state every yr with traylor, yes we had our state appearances but y’all act like we can’t get back there. I’m not trying to throw shots but u act like we are y’all when you guys lost Evans and haven’t really been relevant we are always in the discussion 

You know all this because of my opinion of Gilmer needing to go out and hire. 

....... cool. 

1 hour ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Heard the sophomore WR from Spring Hill that was newcomer of the year in district and all state, transferred to Gilmer. Hard to keep your players when Gilmer recruits with that winning tradition right up the road. 

Don’t start that we didn’t go out and recruit anyone 

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Heard the sophomore WR from Spring Hill that was newcomer of the year in district and all state, transferred to Gilmer. Hard to keep your players when Gilmer recruits with that winning tradition right up the road. 

Anyone confirm this or is it just a rumor?

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

I can confirm that I have heard the same thing.

Gilmer's opening a new $35 million high school this year.

I am sure quite a few new students will be enrolling there in coming years.

Interesting.  SH’s HS is brand new also correct?  If true that is tough for the Panthers.  Lost an incoming freshman last year to Carthage (who caught a TD in playoffs for Carthage this year and is balling out on the varsity basketball team) and now another one.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Interesting.  SH’s HS is brand new also correct?  If true that is tough for the Panthers.  Lost an incoming freshman last year to Carthage (who caught a TD in playoffs for Carthage this year and is balling out on the varsity basketball team) and now another one.

I think that was the volleyball coaches son.   She was at SH and Surratt hired her in Carthage after 1 year in SH.  Smart man! LOL

He is a TB in football and plays BB.   Good athlete

8 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

I think that was the volleyball coaches son.   She was at SH and Surratt hired her in Carthage after 1 year in SH.  Smart man! LOL

That’s not the same kid but they did lose him as well he will be a Sr this yr

16 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Not same one.  Hadden is the young player that I was referring to.  Forgot about Stewart.  He got hurt early in the season this year.  Broken foot/lower leg.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Not same one.  Hadden is the young player that I was referring to.  Forgot about Stewart.  He got hurt early in the season this year.  Broken foot/lower leg.

Yea tha Hatten kid and the Hale kid from Longview plays on TJ Fords summer league team they are both beyond their yrs can’t wait to see what the future holds for these kids 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I can only remember a few times playing Gilmer in playoffs. 

I remember playing them in the playoffs. 😭

Happy to have them back on the schedule this year. Maybe that's why Coach Turner retired. 😂😂

Just kidding

14 hours ago, 36gut said:

I can confirm that I have heard the same thing.

Gilmer's opening a new $35 million high school this year.

I am sure quite a few new students will be enrolling there in coming years.

Yeah, I’m sure a new school opening is exactly why a student, playing for a school whose facilities aren’t that old, is transferring to Gilmer. Football has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

How many times did he have to beat those teams in the playoffs though?

I’m legitimately asking. I have no idea.

Seems Gilmer hasn't faced strong competition in District for years . Post 2010 they faced District of Doom. The buckeyes faired pretty well with only one playoff game against Henderson , which they won.  PG was on a different level. 

4 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Yeah, I’m sure a new school opening is exactly why a student, playing for a school whose facilities aren’t that old, is transferring to Gilmer. Football has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

I am actually hoping we gain so many students that we move up to Division I, which is now the weaker division of 4A.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

I’m curious to watch this situation with the Soph (if in fact true) given the resignation of Turner.  The grass is not always greener.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m curious to watch this situation with the Soph (if in fact true) given the resignation of Turner.  The grass is not always greener.

It's true, they moved into the district over the holidays. They will receive plenty of applicants if they go that route, but I have a feeling they hire from within.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:05 PM, Eagleborn said:

I will say this.... If Gilmer wants to get over the post Traylor hump they need to hire outside. 

I don't disagree with this at all.  We could "possibly" have a coach on staff that could get us back to where we were, but I doubt it.  This job needs to be TRULY OPEN so that we can see who applies, a PROVEN head coach who wants to rebuild our program.  I don't care if it takes a couple of years.  That's better than our program dropping off annually.

• Mr. P locked this topic