Gilmer AD/Head Football Coach

dillonpanthers

32 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He was a DC before coming here. He brought back the slot t because that’s what we have to run with our kids. 

I know.  And the slot t is a big reason yall were successful.  That's why I asked if he would be able to take the OC with him. I know he's been at PP for awhile 

52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He wouldn’t want to run that offense there. Not with those athletes. I personally would love to see a superior athletic team run it. Like Gilmer or Daingerfield. I don’t think the fans would be happy with throwing it two or three times a game lol. 

Lol, no doubt. That would not sit well. I didnt mean as much Gilmer though. Is the OC willing to leave PP?

14 minutes ago, MonkeyswithCrayons said:

It has to be someone that knows the GILMER WAY!!! That culture is something special. You can't just bring in someone that doesn't know. 

With that being said, i think its Metzal's job if he wants it, otherwise Lane from PT (number 2 choice) 

That makes the most sense honestly.  I just can't see the administration and board being willing to "mess it up" with an outsider. Guess we'll see

• Like 1

Didn't really think about Abron initially, but I think that would be a great hire for Gilmer as well. He is an up and coming HC. Obviously he would not run the Slot T at Gilmer. Completely different kids and program. 

If you want to talk about a man who can carry on and develop the culture...Abron is a good idea.

18 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

Spring Hill is losing a real good passing QB! Who they have coming up?

word on the street is saying there's a stud athlete that attends a school located on HWY 271 will be transferring to SH so he can get back to playing his natural position of QB.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

One of the best COACHING STAFFS in the entire state, and people want to move on from it.  You have no idea how hard those men work.  Not saying the next staff wont work hard, nor be successful, but trust me when I tell you not every staff works like they do.  They have done a wonderful job with what they have, those kids work extremely hard for them.  Amazing that going 4 rounds deep, getting beat by the eventual state champion, is no longer "good enough".  Wonder how long it would take for those great coaches to get employed elsewhere?  And by the way, you guys that have been there since Day 1 of the Traylor era.....we no longer need you because you dont know offense, defense (seems they had a few shutouts this year), special teams, or building men of character.  Grass isn't always greener, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Without screaming recruiting.. What has been missing since Mr Jeff left, has been the ability to have the influx of (extreme high octane athletes from other classifications). Mr Traylor had that ability and it's part of what got him into the college scene, not calling anything out and not disrespecting in any way, coach had everybody wanting to be a part of what he created.. Js 

16 minutes ago, coach3198 said:

One of the best COACHING STAFFS in the entire state, and people want to move on from it.  You have no idea how hard those men work.  Not saying the next staff wont work hard, nor be successful, but trust me when I tell you not every staff works like they do.  They have done a wonderful job with what they have, those kids work extremely hard for them.  Amazing that going 4 rounds deep, getting beat by the eventual state champion, is no longer "good enough".  Wonder how long it would take for those great coaches to get employed elsewhere?  And by the way, you guys that have been there since Day 1 of the Traylor era.....we no longer need you because you dont know offense, defense (seems they had a few shutouts this year), special teams, or building men of character.  Grass isn't always greener, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  

Amen!

12 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Without screaming recruiting.. What has been missing since Mr Jeff left, has been the ability to have the influx of (extreme high octane athletes from other classifications). Mr Traylor had that ability and it's part of what got him into the college scene, not calling anything out and not disrespecting in any way, coach had everybody wanting to be a part of what he created.. Js 

a mean streak...no give up...ask referees who they would have rather dealt with on the sidelines (Jeff's hat throwing and exploding or Matt Turner's oh okay, all good)...that little difference carries throughout a program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Hate to hear that. SH had a good showing this year. Didnt yall have 2 good receivers or was it just the one?

We had a few, but after graduation this year and Rockwell moving, just 2 return with any experience. He has younger brothers as well, so I’m assuming they all moved?

• Mr. P locked this topic