Hallsville is open

dillonpanthers

34 minutes ago, swaha said:

Not sure what you mean by football readiness. All athletes should have mandatory conditioning and weight lifting sessions regardless if they are playing football. It will only make them better. 

There is certain lifting that you do not do if you are a baseball player during baseball season.

I get what you are saying but some things are not appropriate at a given time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

There is certain lifting that you do not do if you are a baseball player during baseball season.

I get what you are saying but some things are not appropriate at a given time.

What liftings do you not do? 

If a school has a strong weight lifting and conditioning program, then all sports are going to benefit. So much of HS sports is having confidence, and having a strong weight lifting program develops that for the kids. PG baseball has always lifted, even when Craig Jones was on staff. I have never heard of any limitations or restrictions on the PG baseball players. In my opinion, Hallsville is what PG was prior to Gibson. Gibson incorporated a rigouros strength and conditioning program in the summer. Once the kids bought in, their confidence improved. Once you get the confidence and belief from the kids, good things tend to happen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swaha said:

Interesting note, when Drennon was hired at LE in 2000...word is another particuliar coach applied. Since then, that coach has won 7 state championships.

I heard that also. And makes sense, he was in town at Texas High at the time right? Drennon was on staff at LE I think?

19 minutes ago, swaha said:

If a school has a strong weight lifting and conditioning program, then all sports are going to benefit. So much of HS sports is having confidence, and having a strong weight lifting program develops that for the kids. PG baseball has always lifted, even when Craig Jones was on staff. I have never heard of any limitations or restrictions on the PG baseball players. In my opinion, Hallsville is what PG was prior to Gibson. Gibson incorporated a rigouros strength and conditioning program in the summer. Once the kids bought in, their confidence improved. Once you get the confidence and belief from the kids, good things tend to happen. 

Very good post

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I heard that also. And makes sense, he was in town at Texas High at the time right? Drennon was on staff at LE I think?

Cotton84 posted that is was Pat Brady, not Drennon. Cotton84 seems to know his stuff so he is probably correct. Either way, it is interesting how one potential hire could had possibly altered two schools.

44 minutes ago, swaha said:

Cotton84 posted that is was Pat Brady, not Drennon. Cotton84 seems to know his stuff so he is probably correct. Either way, it is interesting how one potential hire could had possibly altered two schools.

Ahh, missed that. Thanks. But yes, interesting to think about. 

10 hours ago, swaha said:

If a school has a strong weight lifting and conditioning program, then all sports are going to benefit. So much of HS sports is having confidence, and having a strong weight lifting program develops that for the kids. .

Once the kids bought in, their confidence improved. Once you get the confidence and belief from the kids, good things tend to happen. 

+1000

This hits the nail on the head! I wish the school I follow had  a better weight lifting and conditioning program for the kids there now! Talented group of kids that are missing this exact thing! Could do them a world of good and put them over the top in my opinion. But this goes for any school whether you have talent or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

Wish the rangers/astros..whatever your team is would show there weight lifting regiment and when they do it.. would shut a lot of people up. lifting benefits all sports. 

False

Baseball players cannot do squat within 3 days of a game. That is what this kid's Dad who coached the little league team in a tournament one time told me. He has to know what he is talking about right?

• LOL! 4
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

False

Baseball players cannot to squat within 3 days of a game. That is what this kid's Dad who coached the little league team in a tournament one time told me. He has to know what he is talking about right?

haha..yup apparently knows more than they guys at the highest level...they should hire him instead.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Baseball players cannot do squat within 3 days of a game. That is what this kid's Dad who coached the little league team in a tournament one time told me. He has to know what he is talking about right?

No doubt. I'm sure he took his team to the "Little League World Series." 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

False

Funniest think I have ever heard, thanks for the laugh.

Especially since MLB player do full workouts(including squats) in the morning and play games that night.

• Like 1