Hallsville is open

dillonpanthers

On 2/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Hallsville would be a good wing-t school 

This could make sense actually. And nobody in their district is running this offense. They might could have some success IMO. Would be interesting to see. Obviously Hallsville is not PG, but look at the success they have had. It’s all about getting the kids to buy in.

13 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This could make sense actually. And nobody in their district is running this offense. They might could have some success IMO. Would be interesting to see. Obviously Hallsville is not PG, but look at the success they have had. It’s all about getting the kids to buy in.

maybe not pg now, but hallsville is very similar to what pg was when Gibson came to PG.

1 minute ago, txk85 said:

maybe not pg now, but hallsville is very similar to what pg was when Gibson came to PG.

Man, an offense like that could work there. I wonder if the new AD and board will give it a chance? You could find a young coach that could come in their and coach the kids up running that offense. I think that could be something to look at if Hallsville wants to have some success. They have to try something that nobody else in their district is doing. I’m sure very few teams in 5a run that offense. It could be something that teams only see once per year. Plus if it works it helps hide your defense a little bit. Interesting thought. 

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Man, an offense like that could work there. I wonder if the new AD and board will give it a chance? You could find a young coach that could come in their and coach the kids up running that offense. I think that could be something to look at if Hallsville wants to have some success. They have to try something that nobody else in their district is doing. I’m sure very few teams in 5a run that offense. It could be something that teams only see once per year. Plus if it works it helps hide your defense a little bit. Interesting thought. 

Hallsville had one and let him go to Harleton last year.  What did he do in Harleton - won district, won 10 games and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  I doubt Little would go back now.

13 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Hallsville had one and let him go to Harleton last year.  What did he do in Harleton - won district, won 10 games and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  I doubt Little would go back now.

Is that what Little is running at Harleton? 

And from the sound of things it seems they are wanting a fresh start from the Drennon days. 

6 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

It makes a lot of sense. They don’t need to run it as fast Pg....they need to do the opposite. Slow the game down, hold the ball, and eat the clock. They won’t have the cats to run with their district foes so don’t. Change the game!

7 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If given the chance, he crawl back to Hallsville if given the chance.  Pay at Harleton about 70K, pay at Hallsville, about 90K+.   Plus he is going to see how life is without the Wallace kid and moving up to 3A D2...  He did a great job last year, but the game has changed going forward.

4 hours ago, Cowboyz4life said:

If given the chance, he crawl back to Hallsville if given the chance.  Pay at Harleton about 70K, pay at Hallsville, about 90K+.   Plus he is going to see how life is without the Wallace kid and moving up to 3A D2...  He did a great job last year, but the game has changed going forward.

Crawl back?  LOL.  What did Harleton do with Wallace in 2018?  I’ll wait on your response.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Crawl back?  LOL.  What did Harleton do with Wallace in 2018?  I’ll wait on your response.

Pretty sure he was injured most of the year, missed 5-6 games.  But I posted at the end of the season I would give the coach at Harleton the coach of the year in East Texas for the job he did this past year.  No question. But if you can't understand the difference at coaching at Harelton who will probably be a  bottom of the district team in 3A D2, if they have a great season might challenge for the 4th spot in that district. Make 20-25K less that at 5A Hallsville where in that district after Marshall and Texarkana you at least have a chance at going to the playoffs, I really dont know what to say to you.     Now, I doubt Hallsville goes that direction, they did that last time when they hired a HC in a State Champion Coach form a smaller school, 3A D1 in Drennon from Mineola. 

I think you are thinking somehow my original post was some kind of slight at the coach from Harleton, Coach Little.   Nothing of the sort. 99% of coaches that are in his situation would "crawl" to a job opportunity jumping levels and pay raises like Harleton to Hallsville.

Many may say, but Hallsville is not a good 5A job, they never win, dont have athletes, etc, but coaches dont think like that. Good/Great coaches think they can be the difference. They will be the one to turn it around. etc. I am sure Coach Little is of that same mindset.  I am sure people told him the same thing about taking the Harleton job.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, txk85 said:

Let’s not get fooled here.   PG is a completely different animal than Hallsville.   Yes when Gibson arrived there were very few athletes that were Jrs. or Srs.   They had a young couple of groups that were loaded and Gibson has done a great job with those athletes.    Hallsville does not have the athletes that PG does and playing at the 5A level you sure better have some to have the success PG is having.    PG has also opened the district recently and with success brings move ins that help a lot.   Gibson has 100% buy in from the players, parents & community which is always a plus but if you don’t have the JIMMYS & JOES the X’S & O’S don’t matter.   

With that said, if Hallsville has some young groups coming then this guy should have some success but not PG success.   If the job is only paying $90 then Hallsville needs to up the ante!

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I saw Art Briles at the mexican food place there...then riding around the area with a realtor... 

Lol, yeah, and Mrs. Saban was spotted looking at houses in Longview Heights.   :D 

• LOL! 2