**5-3A Division 1**

chevyman

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Saw Coach AB last night at the basketball games in Winny. Good to see him out and about. Also saw both Colorado kids. Glad to see they are still around town. I think the Tigers will field a solid team next year.

The older brother signed with TVCC this morning 

Interested to see how this district plays out. Obviously Pottsboro, Mineola, Winnsboro, MV will be the favorites. Commerce will be athletic and returns a lot of starters. Rains and Bonham are usually average to below average. Howe, just hasn't been very good recently, right?

Who all in the district had coaching changes? Just Bonham? I know they hired a guy from a winning program. I'll be interested to see what changes in Bonham and if he can get them on a winning track.

My two cents for this district:

Mineola

Pottsboro

Winnsboro

Commerce

Mt. Vernon

Bonham

Rains

Howe

On 2/6/2020 at 1:08 AM, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

I thought he was a D1 athlete?

I'm sure after the whole "Ineligible and cant play any sports the rest of the year" thing he lost a lot of college scouts looking at him.  From what I understand he is actually better at baseball bit UIL stated he cant play any other sports for 2019/2020 school year.  

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Maybe they’ll put them in our district 😂 I want to play them again !

The way I read it, they are trying to move into 4-3A. My only thought about that is that Howe is not far down the road from them so I just don't see Potts being able to move out of our district and Howe stays.

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

The way I read it, they are trying to move into 4-3A. My only thought about that is that Howe is not far down the road from them so I just don't see Potts being able to move out of our district and Howe stays.

They scared to play y’all. 

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

I thought the same thing- I think if both Howe and Pottsboro appealed it would be more realistic  - would it be to extreme to add another district / Potts, Howe, Bonham, and Commerce  being one and MV, Winnsboro, Mineola, Rains in another - 4 team districts are not the norm but have happened - even if they would bring 1 team from district 4 to the Potts district ( north side)and one from 6 to the MV district( south side) which would make it two 5 team districts - would that mess up the playoff brackets? 

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Pottsboro knows it's a long shot, but all they can do is say no. If they get a yes, then it's worth the ease in travel

I just see no way the UIL could justify moving Potts out and leaving Howe in based on their vicinity to each other.