**5-3A Division 1**

chevyman

Im thinking this district is definitely going to be fun to watch. We thought last years district was tough but i think this years could rival it based on what ive seen so far. My top 4 at this moment are Potts, MV, Winny, Mineola/Rains. We will start to gain a clearer picture in a couple of weeks when this thing kicks off. 

• Like 1

I personally think that the first week of district is going to be huge for a few teams. Winny and Minny meeting up and Rains vs MV. No doubt we will find out a lot more about Rains and also i think we will find out a little about MVs defense based on the numbers Rains has been putting up albeit against lesser opponents. Their qb seems to be a stud putting up some big numbers. 

4 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Ole Rains is running it up on the 1a schools this year huh? Lol

Definitely a soft schedule, maybe one of the softest in the district. They’ve done what they were supposed to do though, they’ll find out real quick how good they are when district starts 

19 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Commerce by 21, MV by 30, Winnsboro by 7, Potts by.....however much they want 

Agree with your picks except the Raiders +3 cause they are home.....but since they can't kick FG's make it +1.😛

As far as the Dist. goes I see Potts and MV as the top 2, Winnsboro and Mineola next and Rains and Commerce as the wild  cards. I really don't see Howe or Bonham winning a district game except when they play each other.

Winny could make the top 2 cause when Winny and MV play anything can happen. Minny could too if they stay healthy. 

Commerce is always the wild card, they just seem to put their fastest guy at QB and when the play breaks down he just takes off. They went 3 rounds deep about 2-3 years ago with that style. 

We will see how Rains handles tougher teams coming up this week. 

My 2 cents .....good luck to everyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Just realizing that MV is going to get Rains, Mineola, Winny, and Potts at their home place. Could be an advantage for them

Could be a slight advantage, especially for the Pottsboro game. Travel from Potts to MV is pretty far. Glad I don’t have to drive for that one! Lol 

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

Did you watch the other night? Those guys are doing a great job and our local technology guru is wonderful with the production

The local technology guru is a great friend of mine. He used to be my youth pastor. I saw his link on facebook so I watched it. 

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

I had the game muted because I was listening to ours on my phone. I assume the announcers did a good job as well.

Yes they do great. Its been such a good thing for so many of our fans all over the map to be able to tune in. I know we are not the only ones with that thought either. UIL did a great thing by allowing that.

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

Yes they do great. Its been such a good thing for so many of our fans all over the map to be able to tune in. I know we are not the only ones with that thought either. UIL did a great thing by allowing that.

I agree. We have a good feed too. I hope the uil will continue to allow it.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, Blazin97 said:

Could be a slight advantage, especially for the Pottsboro game. Travel from Potts to MV is pretty far. Glad I don’t have to drive for that one! Lol 

Potts has to travel to Minny too, so that's a little futher..er..er. I don't see it as an advantage for the Jackets though.