On 9/2/2020 at 6:52 PM, cujoforlife said:

I like it, but the blue helmets will have to lion logo on it.

alot of Cujo fans not liking the helmets. They don't like the T. They rather have the lion.  I think Lee used to put the T on their helmets, which is probably part of the dislike. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

alot of Cujo fans not liking the helmets. They don't like the T. They rather have the lion.  I think Lee used to put the T on their helmets, which is probably part of the dislike. 

I get that, but times are changing. As far as I know Legacy will also be using the T for Tyler like they always have.

4 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

True  but things happen for alot of reasons and that situation was one that went sideways. I knew going down to that level would benefit him. 

The things that he is doing at chapel hill he wasn’t fast enough to do them at JT. With him being my cousin, Chapel hill is the best place for him. Woods didn’t really run that much until the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

The things that he is doing at chapel hill he wasn’t fast enough to do them at JT. With him being my cousin, Chapel hill is the best place for him.

I've kinda had this thought process as well.

I know he's killing it at Chapel Hill and would've been the best option at QB1 for JT but, lets also consider the competition level too.

Cujoforlife I owe you a apology. I rode by Rose Stadium and you were right. The lion is not stitched in the endzones right now. When I went by there a couple of weeks ago the lions were in the endzones. I thought they were not stitched in but apparently not. I think I know why they wasn't stitched in. The dimensions of the lion were not right so they have to redo them. Trust me the lions will be stitched in the endzones. The equipment from hellas is still at Rose Stadium. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Cujoforlife I owe you a apology. I rode by Rose Stadium and you were right. The lion is not stitched in the endzones right now. When I went by there a couple of weeks ago the lions were in the endzones. They were not stitched in but they were getting ready to stitch them in. Like what I saw with the raiders logo. I think I know why they wasn't stitched in. The dimensions of the lion were not right so they have to redo them. Trust me the lions will be stitched in the endzones. The equipment from hellas is still at Rose Stadium. 

It’s cool thank you 

I agree, the competition level is not as good, but at the same time is playing beyond good.  I didn't think he would be Greg Ward... but I have seen how the QBs progress from one yr to another.  Ward, McCollister, Smith, and Woods all got much better their second yr under center.  I have no doubt he would have been better too, especially with 4 of 5 starters on O-line returning along with most of the skill positions.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

This district is going to be crazy enough already....it would be the best in the state at any level if JT had Ford and MN finds a QB....can't wait....

The 9th grade race will be even more epic.

4 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

We will see, but Tyler high is putting 5 of their best on varsity 

King never moves up a 9th grader, outside of playoffs in which they'll never see the field.

Jalen Hale last year was the first 9th grader to play varsity ball at Longview in 3 decades.

I already knew this prior to him being in HS....but that dude is s p e c i a l. Bobby Taylor level.

2 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I get ya. It's all online on broadbrush

That's not really the problem. It's like you have to buy season tickets and you have to buy them up front. For a family of 5, do you want to drop $200.00 right there. Then if you a fan of both schools like me that's $400.00 up front. Not including the subvarsity. 

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

King never moves up a 9th grader, outside of playoffs in which they'll never see the field.

Jalen Hale last year was the first 9th grader to play varsity ball at Longview in 3 decades.

I already knew this prior to him being in HS....but that dude is s p e c i a l. Bobby Taylor level.

Different situations 

15 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Different situations 

I mean...its not like we havent had 9th graders that could contribute on the varsity level. Plus we were DEEP at WR last year, but there was no denying Hale's varsity level talent.

I straight up thought Haynes was the best player at his position when he was a freshman in '16. Kamden Perry too in '15. 

But King prefers to keep his 9th graders together for chemistry purposes.

Nothing wrong with it most years.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I mean...its not like we havent had 9th graders that could contribute on the varsity level. Plus we were DEEP at WR last year, but there was no denying Hale's varsity level talent.

I straight up thought Haynes was the best player at his position when he was a freshman in '16. Kamden Perry too in '15. 

But King prefers to keep his 9th graders together for chemistry purposes.

Nothing wrong with it most years.

After what happen with JT last year we need everything we can get lol. We don’t have the luxury of the one school system like Longview 😁.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Different situations 

Last yr, both Freshman on Varsity played alot.  I don't know if that is the situation this yr.   I can't think of many freshman that played Varsity at JT.  I know Tre Allison did, but he didn't play much. I can't think of many before him. Trying to remember if David Warren did it. 

35 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

After what happen with JT last year we need everything we can get lol. We don’t have the luxury of the one school system like Longview 😁.

FACTS! Tyler high has SOLID sophomore and incoming freshman that will help and TH is definitely building for the future. 

12 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Last yr, both Freshman on Varsity played alot.  I don't know if that is the situation this yr.   I can't think of many freshman that played Varsity at JT.  I know Tre Allison did, but he didn't play much. I can't think of many before him. Trying to remember if David Warren did it. 

Yes he did. Tyler high is building for the future. TH is going to compete all season long but I believe the next 3 years are going to be what are accustomed to. 

49 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Yes he did. Tyler high is building for the future. TH is going to compete all season long but I believe the next 3 years are going to be what are accustomed to. 

Hope so.  I think the talent is there, but I need to see the QB play to be more confident.

• Like 1