On 10/3/2020 at 11:24 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Just don’t think Tyler has the defense to stop North enough to grab that third spot. Lots of football to play though. 

I think the Legacy offense is better than north’s offense and it took everything they had to beat us with 4 ints throwed to win. But that’s just my opinion still got a awhile though, heck we might lose to Nac lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

If they a COVID situation in their football program YES. Teams will have to forfeit. 

Thats the confirmed rule in our district?

All districts are handling covid differently.

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think the Legacy offense is better than north’s offense and it took everything they had to beat us with 4 ints throwed to win. But that’s just my opinion still got a awhile though, heck we might lose to Nac lol. 

Welp. Y’all just canceled your game this week.

So Denton Ryan falls to 0-2 in district play, with Frisco Reedy and Denton getting 1-0 marks. Lone Star also adds a win over Frisco Independence, with their game that was scheduled next week.

Pretty significant in the 5A Division I Region II playoff landscape.

35 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

So Denton Ryan falls to 0-2 in district play, with Frisco Reedy and Denton getting 1-0 marks. Lone Star also adds a win over Frisco Independence, with their game that was scheduled next week.

Pretty significant in the 5A Division I Region II playoff landscape.

Imagine Ryan having to go on the road in the first round because those two losses lol. 

This district only had two teams. Marshall just made McKinney north look like a fool, Third and forth is wide open. Tyler gets them the first game of district and if they win they are in the front seat to third place of not second if they get better as the season goes on.

• Like 1

No doubt I stand corrected on McKinney North. That Marshall scoreline is shocking, though it does sound like they had some pretty big injuries. Still over 600 yards to the Mavs, that Longview just held to 200 is crazy.

Highland Park and Longview look like the top 2 teams, for sure.

McKinney North is squarely down in that 3/4/5 fight.

Tyler and Wylie East didn't play, but I think we know enough about them to say that Tyler is in that 3/4/5 fight while East is in the 6/7 fight.

Sherman's scoreline is just as shocking. They've looked horrendous the first two weeks, then go and put up a 62-0 win? Saginaw might be terrible, but still...wow.

West Mesquite has completely fallen off the map this year.

Finals this week:

Longview beat Tyler Legacy,  37-14

Highland Park beat Coppell,  42-36

Sherman beat Saginaw,  62-0

Marshall beat McKinney North,  48-22

Chisholm Trail beat West Mesquite,  22-15

Tyler - DNP

Wylie East - DNP

Standings:

1) Highland Park (1-0)(0-0)

2) Longview (2-1)(0-0) 

3) Wylie East (1-1)(0-0)

4) Sherman (1-2)(0-0)

5) McKinney North (0-2)(0-0)

6) Tyler (0-2)(0-0)

7) West Mesquite (0-3)(0-0) 

Next Week:

Thursday, 10/15

Longview vs Beaumont West Brook,  7 PM

McKinney North @ Rockwall-Heath,  7 PM

Friday, 10/16

Sherman @ McKinney,  7 PM

Highland Park @ Rockwall

Keller Timber Creek @ West Mesquite,  7:30 PM

Tyler @ Mesquite Horn,  7:30 PM

Wylie East in covid protocol one more week.

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview wins 51-28.

McKinney North gets blown out by Heath, 56-14. Man, I thought would be a solid third place team in this district, but they are nottttt good at all.

Rockwall Heaths offense must be pretty good. They hung with Southlake for a while.. lost 72-57.  But if North couldn't score against Heath, that is a bad sign for the North offense.  

34 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Rockwall Heaths offense must be pretty good. They hung with Southlake for a while.. lost 72-57.  But if North couldn't score against Heath, that is a bad sign for the North offense.  

Oh yea, Heath is a legit good team this year. But as you said, North not doing anything offensively is shocking.

20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Good win for Longview . Not worried about them one bit. The Temple game was more of disastrous play than being not prepared. The goal is not to be undefeated but prepared for the long haul. I might be somewhat biased but I hope Longview beats the breaks off of highland park. 

I think perception of our team would be completely different if we made just half the mistakes we made in that third quarter against Temple. Every single bad thing that could happen did. End of the day, probably the best thing that could’ve happened to us.

Just have to continue to improve every play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview wins 51-28.

McKinney North gets blown out by Heath, 56-14. Man, I thought would be a solid third place team in this district, but they are nottttt good at all.

Like I said north is not good after getting beat like they did against Marshall. Their defense has never been good. You had score to beat the offense not the defense. If their offense can’t score and can’t stop anyone. As I said before 3-4 is is wide open. 

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Is HP the only threat for a possible Dc. I assume 5a has switched over to regular format of making the postseason so enrollment not an issue. I personally like knowing before the season on who my team or more importantly will not play in the playoffs .

I think right now, it's pretty clear..

Longview and Highland Park are the top 2 teams.

With a wide, wide gap.

Tyler looked decent against Legacy even though they still lost. Sherman had a huge output against Saginaw, even though Saginaw is awful. Wylie East even had a game they looked good in.

McKinney North and West Mesquite have looked absolutely horrendous.

But yea, 5A is split now. So all four going are in the same playoff bracket. I don't think it's a wrong to say this district has not been living up to what some thought it could. But that was also with a what we thought would be improved West, North, Sherman and Tyler.

Will be interesting to see Tyler tonight at Horn. If they don't win that convincingly, imo, welp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

District Game Stream Links Tonight:

West Mesquite vs Keller Timber Creek - https://www.meridix.com/channel/?liveid=mesquiteisd#/

Tyler at Mesquite Horn - https://www.meridix.com/channel/?liveid=mesquiteisd2#/

Highland Park at Rockwall - http://sportsgram.net/

Sherman at McKinney ($$$) - https://www.muscovision.com/?C=..%2FMcKinneyISD

• Like 1