District 11-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2020-2021

StingEmALTO

22 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Maybe because they were Division 2 last season? 

You might be right. I looked at D2 and can’t find Tenaha anywhere. Might take a game to get them on the radar with MaxPreps. I never put too much stock in any of the polls, but MaxPreps probably least of all. And this is a good example of why.

Still fun to look at them though! Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Unashamed is a video series by Phil Robertson,  the father of the duck dynasty guys.  Hes a preacher over in monroe Louisiana.   Real down to earth common sense stuff.  Love the series.   

Oh yeah I know those guys! I’m a fan....not as much as my sophomore son who could binge watch Duck Dynasty 24/7 😂, but those are good folks!

Ever log in as Greezy anymore or did you retire him? 

Even with lots of new faces, Alto will still pack a ‘Mean Sting’

by: Mike Alzamora

Posted:  / Updated: 

ALTO, Texas (KETK) – With the high school football regular season kicking off this week, one of our premiere smaller school programs, the Alto Yellowjackets, are once again expected to take the top spot in their district.

But the ‘Mean Sting’ will be missing some of their top senior leaders from last season, including quarterback/linebacker, Harmon West, as well as one of their top tacklers in Todd Duplichain.

The Jackets only have two starters returning for both sides of the ball, but both Jay Pope and Jackson Howell, look to make major impacts early in the season.

Third-year head coach Ricky Joe Meeks says no matter what level of experience they bring to the field, the Jackets always know what’s expected on the gridiron in Alto.

“You know the good thing is, the majority of our kids are Alto kids. We don’t have a ton that are outsiders so to say. So they understand the tradition, they understand the expectations and quite honestly I don’t think any of them would want it any other way which is good. And so it’s going to be exciting, it’s going to be fun to watch them develop and mold into those expectations,” Meeks explained.

Alto will be tested early, when they host the Troup Tigers Friday night to open the season at 7:30 p.m.

Watch the video to see the story.

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/even-with-lots-of-new-faces-alto-will-still-pack-a-mean-sting/

4446F972-F1C1-4BB4-9F21-E7803BA54BF6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Freak injury week 1 that led to shoulder surgery sucked. I told him not to take it personal, but he is. Lol

I know all about those freak injuries.  And YES, that sucked for him last year.  Glad he's 100% now and if the scrimmage is any indication, he'll be just fine.

Prayers that all of our guys stay healthy!

Getting close to GAME TIME! Thankful to be able to kick-off the season tonight, even if it is at 50% in the stands and no tunnel, victory line, smoke, etc....the extra stuff that I love. I keep reminding myself I’m just thankful we get to have our season. Glad I don’t have a senior this year!

GO JACKETS!

03AF7091-97EB-4D72-B04A-94C7C2DDD1A7.png

11-2A Week 1 Results:

* Troup 27 - Alto 0
* New Waverly 34 - Centerville 12
* Grapeland 32 - Shelbyville 19
* Groveton 36 - Lovelady 16
* Leon 49 - Rosebud-Lott 34
* Normangee 29 - Bremond 14

11-2A Week 2 Schedule:

* Timpson (1-0) @ Alto (0-1)
* Centerville (0-1) @ Corrigan-Camden (0-0)
* Elkhart (0-1) @ Grapeland (1-0)
* Groveton (1-0) @ Trinity (0-1)
* Leon (1-0) @ Dawson (0-1)
* Iola (0-0) @ Normangee (1-0)

11-2A Standings:

* (1-0) Grapeland
* (1-0) Groveton
* (1-0) Leon
* (1-0) Normangee
* (0-1) Alto
* (0-1) Centerville

• Like 1