UIL Realignment 2021-23

Panther89

1 hour ago, itmoney100 said:

To which team? I don't see Croby, Cornerstone, Gilmer or Marshall beating Carthage. I give PG the best chance. Yes I know we lost 10 starts on defense. But the offense will hold it down especially with the abundance of offensive Talent we have coming up.

PG probably has the best chance, but Gilmer is going to be pretty salty in 2020 as well.  And I would not look past Marshall either.  The reason I think we will drop a game or two early is because the 2019 team had 32 Seniors.  Only 3 Soph made the team for the regular season (and one got hurt before district) and only a few more Soph and 2 Freshman got to travel with the team and play in the playoffs.  Those young players are going to need some time to adjust to the speed of the game and that could result in an early loss.  I agree we have a lot of talent coming up.  Once they figure it out we will certainly see a long playoff run in the new division.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

PG probably has the best chance, but Gilmer is going to be pretty salty in 2020 as well.  And I would not look past Marshall either.  The reason I think we will drop a game or two early is because the 2019 team had 32 Seniors.  Only 3 Soph made the team for the regular season (and one got hurt before district) and only a few more Soph and 2 Freshman got to travel with the team and play in the playoffs.  Those young players are going to need some time to adjust to the speed of the game and that could result in an early loss.  I agree we have a lot of talent coming up.  Once they figure it out we will certainly see a long playoff run in the new division.

I agree 💯! Wish the new football season start at this Friday. 🤣

• Like 1

To me Princeton's leans to a new realignment loser. Princeton has a 1420 enrollment.

And even if Irving Nimitz (2718 enrollment) and again with South Garland (2151 enrollment) are weak teams I'm unhappy with the schedule. I will probably seek out other teams games like if Gunter comes to Blue Ridge or Farmersville or if Celina comes to Melissa (I have connections with all these teams) I may choose those games. Princeton's growth has led it to be not so interesting these days. I can see the stadium being mostly empty like the past two years. AAAAhhhh!!!!!!!! LOL. 

Schedule: Irving Nimitz and South Garland.

District: Lucas Lovejoy, Prosper Rock Hill, Frisco Memorial, Lake Dallas, Frisco, Frisco Lebanon Trail, Frisco Liberty, Denison. 

57 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

To me Princeton's leans to a new realignment loser. Princeton has a 1420 enrollment.

And even if Irving Nimitz (2718 enrollment) and again with South Garland (2151 enrollment) are weak teams I'm unhappy with the schedule. I will probably seek out other teams games like if Gunter comes to Blue Ridge or Farmersville or if Celina comes to Melissa (I have connections with all these teams) I may choose those games. Princeton's growth has led it to be not so interesting these days. I can see the stadium being mostly empty like the past two years. AAAAhhhh!!!!!!!! LOL. 

Schedule: Irving Nimitz and South Garland.

District: Lucas Lovejoy, Prosper Rock Hill, Frisco Memorial, Lake Dallas, Frisco, Frisco Lebanon Trail, Frisco Liberty, Denison. 

This is a good realignment for Princeton.  They have a strong shot at being the 4th playoff team.  Their pre-district schedule is ehhh.. Think the coach is looking for wins.

19 hours ago, itmoney100 said:

To which team? I don't see Croby, Cornerstone, Gilmer or Marshall beating Carthage. I give PG the best chance. Yes I know we lost 10 starts on defense. But the offense will hold it down especially with the abundance of offensive Talent we have coming up.

I may be wrong but I truly believe the Freshmen and sophomore classes along with a strong JV team that coach Preston will build a heck of a defense. 
I also believe the Dawgs play for number 8. 
The O line will once again be dominate. 11, 74, 75, and keep an eye on number 55. 
As a sophomore he came in on all extra points. He is a very large young man. 
The Dawgs could very well average 300 pounds on the line again. 

• Stinks 1

22 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I may be wrong but I truly believe the Freshmen and sophomore classes along with a strong JV team that coach Preston will build a heck of a defense. 
I also believe the Dawgs play for number 8. 
The O line will once again be dominate. 11, 74, 75, and keep an eye on number 55. 
As a sophomore he came in on all extra points. He is a very large young man. 
The Dawgs could very well average 300 pounds on the line again. 

You are right about the underclassmen,  but not in game one.  We will be vulnerable on D in the first 5 games.  Offense will score, but defense will struggle early as they find their identity.  #8 is possible, but we have a lot of growing up to do between Aug & Dec.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You are right about the underclassmen,  but not in game one.  We will be vulnerable on D in the first 5 games.  Offense will score, but defense will struggle early as they find their identity.  #8 is possible, but we have a lot of growing up to do between Aug & Dec.

I totally agree with you. I think The speed at the varsity level is night and day. I sure hope the Dawgs have the tall and long defensive ends like they seem to always have. 
I am excited but nervous as cat. 

On 2/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, Leopard4Life said:

This is a good realignment for Princeton.  They have a strong shot at being the 4th playoff team.  Their pre-district schedule is ehhh.. Think the coach is looking for wins.

Think so? 

I saw the last coach and this coach not make very good decisions; and I mean just basic stuff that has cost Princeton a couple of wins a season for a few years. There's a big difference between 4-6 and 6-4. Princeton is still usually smaller than 9/10 teams they play. 

Yeah, the pre-district is not interesting and those schools have much bigger enrollments than Princeton but maybe weak teams. When Princeton and Greenville played each other 4 years in a row a few years ago I thought that could've become a good rivalry since the schools aren't that far from each other but it wasn't meant to be.

The last time I saw Irving Nimitz play was in 1994  at Texas Stadium when I went to watch Plano East get by them 14-6 before watching them lose to JT there the next week 48-44. I'm not sure how many games I will watch Princeton next year. It's changed so much with so many newcomers. It's not the same just like losing Plano and Plano East...

I was secretly hoping there would be at least a couple of East Texas teams on the schedule just so I could come talk here. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Olduy said:

Not a local issue but noted that UIL put Seminole and Perryton in the same district. 322 miles apart. Gonna be a looooong bus ride!

That's the price you pay for living out in the wilderness  ....  not much way around it if you want to participate  ....

On 2/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, lionpride08 said:

That's only because mart and bremond will meet in the 3rd round and not the regional final imo mart and bremond are the top 2 teams in region 3

Bremond and Chilton got moved to Region 4 for the next two years.  They got replaced by Meridian and Hico which got moved into Mart's district.  Meridian only won two games total the last two years.  Hico, with a new coach from Brock, is on their way up after a few down years.   Don't know what either teams return.  

• Mr. P locked this topic