What UIL rule(s) would you change if possible?

Eagleborn

2 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

Then more like 8A and make it a bit more difficult to make the playoffs......

That would still entail more travel for the non-football sports....right now most supts dont have the appetite for longer trips for Tuesday night volleyball, basketball, softball, etc...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

That would still entail more travel for the non-football sports....right now most supts dont have the appetite for longer trips for Tuesday night volleyball, basketball, softball, etc...

Trips are awful on Thursday nights for sub-varsity football as well.  I just think there has to be a happy medium in there somehow.  Yet, I also hear volleyball/basketball coaches and such complain about the fact they have to compete with more teams on a yearly basis. That it's not fair there are 12 football champions crowned and only six for other sports....etc

40 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

Trips are awful on Thursday nights for sub-varsity football as well.  I just think there has to be a happy medium in there somehow.  Yet, I also hear volleyball/basketball coaches and such complain about the fact they have to compete with more teams on a yearly basis. That it's not fair there are 12 football champions crowned and only six for other sports....etc

Districts have more flexibility with sub-varsity scheduling (neutral site, moving longer trips to Sat or simply scheduling someone else)...but when you get to the varsity level your options are much more limited (no one wants to go back to back Fri/Sat; and no one wants to give up varsity home games)....ultimately its the superintendents who decide and the ones I've personally spoken with at the 5A and below level have zero desire to split for anything other than football....that's basically been in line with the UIL has stated in the past

• Thanks 1

Let kids play where their parents want them to play. If the kid lives in district even in a travel trailer with whoever. Let them play. Parents usually knows what is best for their own. Hell even if they don’t live in district if they have to travel 2 hours up hill both ways in the snow barefooted letm do it. 

• Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 1

14 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

Let kids play where their parents want them to play. If the kid lives in district even in a travel trailer with whoever. Let them play. Parents usually knows what is best for their own. Hell even if they don’t live in district if they have to travel 2 hours up hill both ways in the snow barefooted letm do it. 

We do allow that, but you have to live wihin the district with your parents.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

If the parents know what is best, then they have to make it happen. See now we are into the crux of it, what is best for the kid or moving. Stupid responsibilities always keeping folks from achieving their  dreams.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:11 AM, chubbychecker said:

I wish Texas would just go to a 9 or 10 classification system instead of the div1 and 2 stuff.  

so just change it to 1-10,11,12 A instead of the divisions..guess it would be easier to understand??

On 2/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, DieHardCubFan said:

What would y'all think about the NCAA (and thus Texas and the UIL) implementing the  new XFL kickoff rules (especially how and where the opposing teams line up on the field? 

Would it help reducing injuries often caused by the high-speed hits (i.e. blindside blocks, blocks in the back, blocks below the knees, etc.)  thus making football "safer?"

that would be cool, add to the excitement (it's much better than the threat that's been looming for a year plus of doing away with kickoffs totally)...

don't make these HS kids go through the transfer portal...oh wait, some district committee hits the transfer off switch.

I would rotate the football playoff divisions every year. Instead of having Div 3 and 4  and 1 and 2 meeting in the semis every year, I would mix it up where 1 would play 3 and 2 would play 4 and so on... Transportation is good and dependable these days so travel shouldn't be a problem.

Semis in the same stadium would be fun also.

10 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I would rotate the football playoff divisions every year. Instead of having Div 3 and 4  and 1 and 2 meeting in the semis every year, I would mix it up where 1 would play 3 and 2 would play 4 and so on... Transportation is good and dependable these days so travel shouldn't be a problem.

Semis in the same stadium would be fun also.

Div 3 and 4?   There are only two divisions .... Are you talking about Regions? ...