Commerce Open

GoodOleBoy73

45 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Any in-house candidates? Seems like they have been improved overall the last few years since Farrell got there. Maybe they would want to keep it rolling with someone already on staff?

the ones he reached out to i was told are outside candidates, that doesn't mean that it wont be an inside hire. I was just told he reached out to some area assistant coaches he has close ties with. No names or schools though just that he knows who he would like to bring in. 

2 hours ago, Win1Soon said:

The AD is as good as they come and was part of the football program when they were winning championships.  He knows what it takes to win.

He is a good man, but he has also been a part of this program as an AD when they were far from winning any championships. 

4 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

He is a good man, but he has also been a part of this program as an AD when they were far from winning any championships. 

In my opinion, they should try and retain the guys they have now. They have sort of righted the ship and got Commerce back on the right path. The only way to keep those guys around would be to promote from within. But, I'm not really close to the situation. That is definitely just based on records and what I have heard about the guys there. Anyone know if there would even be an in-house candidate?

To the best of my memory, and I went to ETSU in the mid to late 80’s, the only time Commerce has won any ball games is Lineweaver’s tenure and Cron won state but wasn’t there long. Other than that I don’t think they’ve ever won. Am I missing some successful years?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, randomuser said:

To the best of my memory, and I went to ETSU in the mid to late 80’s, the only time Commerce has won any ball games is Lineweaver’s tenure and Cron won state but wasn’t there long. Other than that I don’t think they’ve ever won. Am I missing some successful years?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

11 hours ago, randomuser said:

I just know that a few years ago, they started 0-6. Then they turned things around and made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Turnarounds like that don't happen often. Those guys obviously got the kids to buy in and it eventually clicked. 

I think promoting the DC was the right move. McSheffrey seems like a good dude. I have heard positive things about him from people that I respect. I hope it works out for him and more importantly for those kids!