District 10 AA D1

trueblue82

Garrison, Joaquin, San Augustine, Shelbyville, Timpson, West Hardin. I’ll give my thoughts on who finishes where, but it’s open for discussion. 

1. San Augustine Wolves: it’s real simple. They’re 3 time defending regional champions. To be the man, we’ll, you know. Until someone knocks them out of that spot, they’re the man. 
2. Joaquin Rams: yes it will be Coach Lawson’s first true rebuild. Yes they will be very young. But those youngsters got in a lot more practice time than any of the ones chasing them. 
3. Garrison Bulldogs: I can’t see Garrison having back to back subpar years. New coaches, new system, same old Bulldogs. 
4. Timpson Bears: Coach Therwanger has proven that he can build a team that can pull off big upsets. They’re gonna need a couple of upsets to climb higher than 4th. 
5. Shelbyville Dragons: a much tougher league than the one they’ve finished 2nd and 3rd in the last two years. They’ve got athletes and Coach Benbow gets a lot out of them. They will be in the hunt in week 11. 
6. West Hardin Oilers: my apologies in advance to my old friend from the Big Thicket. But y’all are bringing a pea shooter to a tank battle. Good luck. 

I agree SA has to be the odds on favorite until somebody proves differently .... I'm sure Garrison will have a learning curve but I expect them to be competitive, it could take a season or two to get the new system down .... 2 -4  will be a horse race to see which teams get traction by the time district play roils around .... The only team I have heard we are playing in pre-district is Brook Hill, which is probably a bigger bite than we can chew right now .... will post the rest of the schedule when it's available ....

SA will be tough, big and fast again this year also and I am not expecting a learning year or anything like that from Garrison this year. They will be ready and bigger, stronger, more physical and faster than they have been in a good while! So that being said these two teams will will be fighting for #1 and #2 spots. 
#3 Timpson will have a shot at being pretty good also with a good QB and some good RB’s coming. 

#4 Shelbyville Good athletes but over their in this district 

#5 Joaquin could be #4 but they have lost a few good players from last yr that I’m not sure they can replace. 

#6 West Hardin No disrespect or nothing but I’m sorry for the really late Friday night drives up this way

29 minutes ago, GTown12 said:

SA will be tough, big and fast again this year also and I am not expecting a learning year or anything like that from Garrison this year. They will be ready and bigger, stronger, more physical and faster than they have been in a good while! So that being said these two teams will will be fighting for #1 and #2 spots. 
#3 Timpson will have a shot at being pretty good also with a good QB and some good RB’s coming. 

#4 Shelbyville Good athletes but over their in this district 

#5 Joaquin could be #4 but they have lost a few good players from last yr that I’m not sure they can replace. 

#6 West Hardin No disrespect or nothing but I’m sorry for the really late Friday night drives up this way

I actually hope all the experts agree with you. We have a habit of consistently exceeding their expectations. 

1 hour ago, GTown12 said:

Joaquin could possibly end up #3 or #4 but Timpson could be easily be pretty good next yr that’s why I had them at #3. But Joaquin will not be #1 or #2 I’m confident in that prediction.

Like I said, for three consecutive years, they picked us fifth and we finished second. Then they picked us third and we finished second again. Please, contact Dave Campbell and get them to let you write the joke of a preview that they will print on this district. 

I'm not sure how Shelbyville will finish but they will have the best overall team they have had since 2015. 

There will be a real good group of Jr's and Sr's.

I hope they get modern and creative on offense and stay away from the primitive stuff. It cuts down on injury for one and there will be a lot speedy and talented skills players to work with. 

48 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Like I said, for three consecutive years, they picked us fifth and we finished second. Then they picked us third and we finished second again. Please, contact Dave Campbell and get them to let you write the joke of a preview that they will print on this district. 

The joke is that you could possibly think that Joaquin would be #1 or #2! No need in getting with Dave Campbell I have seen what’s coming up with every team except one. Joaquin will be lucky if they aren’t getting scores like they did in the 90’s again! So please save this post until next fall and just wait and see.

12 minutes ago, GTown12 said:

The joke is that you could possibly think that Joaquin would be #1 or #2! No need in getting with Dave Campbell I have seen what’s coming up with every team except one. Joaquin will be lucky if they aren’t getting scores like they did in the 90’s again! So please save this post until next fall and just wait and see.

Will do! 

18 minutes ago, GTown12 said:

Every team in the district will be losing several senior contributors withe exception of Timpson. IMO the development of the younger kids through off season will be key for sure. Project all yall want to but most of these teams will be a work in progress up until district, Joaquin will have a group of sophmores that have excelled at every level in their journey. How well our lines develop will determine our overall success. Way too early to be getting fired up about whose right or wrong

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Every team in the district will be losing several senior contributors withe exception of Timpson. IMO the development of the younger kids through off season will be key for sure. Project all yall want to but most of these teams will be a work in progress up until district, Joaquin will have a group of sophmores that have excelled at every level in their journey. How well our lines develop will determine our overall success. Way too early to be getting fired up about whose right or wrong

You are exactly right! You are also right about the off-season and I’m just like you excited to see what can be made of things next year!

San Augustine schedule 

Scr. 1 8/14 vs. Frankston 

Scr. 2 8/20 @ Huntington 

8/28 vs West Sabine 

9/4 @ Waskom 

9/11 @ Elkhart 

9/18 @ West Rusk

9/25 vs Alto

10/9 vs Joaquin *

10/16 @ Timpson *

10/23 vs Garrison *

10/30 vs Shelbyville *

11/6 @ West Hardin*

Until proven otherwise, I’m gonna say SA is the team to beat.  Even though they graduated like 22 kids or something like that.  Garrison and Joaquin fighting for 2&3 Shelbyville and Timpson fighting for the last spot.  Any of the top 3 in this district theoretically could win the region.

learning curve for garrison kids is going to be non existent in the run game.  Same general concept, and Alvarez runs wing t stuff out of the gun, too.  Passing game will be different, but similar deal as the past couple of years, they want to establish the run and be physical, so there will be less passing.  This coaching change will affect the kids less than some of you are thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Joaquin Rams 

Scrimmage 1 Harleton Wildcats 

Scrimmage 2 @ Logansport Tigers

8/28 Beckville Bearcats 

9/4 Elysian Fields Yellowjackets 

9/11 @ Groveton Indians 

9/18 @ Ore City Rebels 

9/25 Clarksville Tigers (HOCO)

10/2 open

10/9 @ San Augustine Wolves

10/ 16 West Hardin Oilers 

10/23 @ShelbyvilleDragons

10/30 @ Timpson Bears

11/6 Garrison Bulldogs (Senior Night)

West Hardin Oilers

Aug. 14                  @Colmesneil/Northside (scrim.)

Aug. 20                  Evadale

Aug. 28                  @ Deweyville

Sept. 4                   Kountze

Sept. 11                 @ Warren

Sept. 18                 @ Hull-Daisetta

Sept. 25                 High Island (HC)

Oct. 2                    OPEN

Oct. 9                    @ Shelbyville

Oct. 16                   @ Joaquin

Oct. 23                   Timpson

Oct. 30                   @ Garrison

Nov. 6                    San Augustine (SN)

• Like 1

GARRISON BULLDOGS

Aug 14 ?        ? West Rusk  (scrimmage)                  

Aug. 20          Palestine Westwood (scrimmage)        

Aug. 28         @ Waskom            

Sept. 4           @ Brook Hill       

Sept. 11         Arp      

Sept. 18         Crockett      

Sept. 25         @ Groveton        

Oct. 2              OPEN

Oct. 9              Timpson

Oct. 16            Shelbyville

Oct. 23            @ San Augustine 

Oct. 30            West Hardin

Nov. 6              @ Joaquin

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:24 PM, KirtFalcon said:

GARRISON BULLDOGS

Aug 14 ?        ? West Rusk  (scrimmage)                  

Aug. 20          Palestine Westwood (scrimmage)        

Aug. 28         @ Waskom            

Sept. 4           @ Brook Hill       

Sept. 11         Arp      

Sept. 18         Crockett      

Sept. 25         @ Groveton        

Oct. 2              OPEN

Oct. 9              Timpson

Oct. 16            Shelbyville

Oct. 23            @ San Augustine 

Oct. 30            West Hardin

Nov. 6              @ Joaquin

That is a brutal schedule.  We should be battle tested by the time district starts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, GTown12 said:

I just hope there will be a next fall with all the #### that's going on now

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 7:11 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison's revised 2020 schedule ....

304965070_Garrison2020Schedule.jpg.43d24ba96bcaf74eb22d78df4b66bc06.jpg

The week 11 games were moved to week 6 on the advice of the uil. That leaves week 11 available to make up a game if needed, and may prevent coin-flip scenarios to decide playoff teams. 

Any practice reports out of our district? Word is we’re working on convincing Doomer’s twin grandsons, Doomer III and Doomer IV, to come out and play so we can field a team. At 5’3” and 120# each, they’ll fit right into the starting guard spots. Tru storie. 

• LOL! 2