District 10 AA D1

trueblue82

So after 2 weeks of district play (keep in mind that the Shelbyville/ West Hardin game scheduled for this week is currently postponed and rescheduled for week 11) here re the standings: 

1: Tie Joaquin and Timpson 2-0. 
3. San Augustine 1-1

4. Tie Shelbyville and West Hardin  0-1

6. Garrison 0-2

Games for week of October 16th: 

Shelbyville at Garrison (must win for the Bulldogs IMO)

West Hardin at Joaquin 

San Augustine at Timpson 

Joaquin and Timpson both took huge steps forward this week. The Bears dominated their arch-rival, and the Rams built a big enough lead to withstand a furious late rally by a Wolfpack that seemed determined to figure out a way to win. I know a lot of people are going to look at that game and declare the SA reign over Region 3 history, but until they’re out of the playoffs, I still see them as the team to beat. I can see them getting momentum and rolling off some playoff wins. A loss by Garrison this week would put the Dogs needing a lot of help to make the playoffs. Shelbyville needs a win to stay in position for the postseason. SA really needs to turn things around this week and knock off Timpson. That could set up some interesting tiebreaker scenarios. Timpson wants another W to get closer to that district title. Joaquin needs to put West Hardin away early and get their starters off the field. 

25 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

So after 2 weeks of district play (keep in mind that the Shelbyville/ West Hardin game scheduled for this week is currently postponed and rescheduled for week 11) here re the standings: 

1: Tie Joaquin and Timpson 2-0. 
3. San Augustine 1-1

4. Tie Shelbyville and West Hardin  0-1

6. Garrison 0-2

Games for week of October 16th: 

Shelbyville at Garrison (must win for the Bulldogs IMO)

West Hardin at Joaquin 

San Augustine at Timpson 

Joaquin and Timpson both took huge steps forward this week. The Bears dominated their arch-rival, and the Rams built a big enough lead to withstand a furious late rally by a Wolfpack that seemed determined to figure out a way to win. I know a lot of people are going to look at that game and declare the SA reign over Region 3 history, but until they’re out of the playoffs, I still see them as the team to beat. I can see them getting momentum and rolling off some playoff wins. A loss by Garrison this week would put the Dogs needing a lot of help to make the playoffs. Shelbyville needs a win to stay in position for the postseason. SA really needs to turn things around this week and knock off Timpson. That could set up some interesting tiebreaker scenarios. Timpson wants another W to get closer to that district title. Joaquin needs to put West Hardin away early and get their starters off the field. 

Joaquins starters shouldn’t even have to see the field . Pretty sure the jv squad can take care of this one.

After 3 weeks of district play: 

1: Tie- 3-0 Joaquin/ Timpson. The Rams meet Shelbyville next week, while the Bears will try to figure out how not to score 100 on West Hardin. 

3: Shelbyville 1-1 will host Joaquin in a huge game next week. 

4: San Augustine 1-2 takes on Garrison in what could be for the #4 seed. 

5: West Hardin 0-2 is a week behind due to postponing their Shelbyville game over Covid. 

6: Garrison 0-3 can stay alive in the playoff hunt by knocking off a wounded Wolfpack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I still think Timpson will win this district ... I've got a ticket coming for the Timpson vs Joe Quin tilt .... that should be the game of the week in East Texas ....

Joaquin will keep them off the field, but they have to reach the end zone and not turn the ball over. 

4 hours ago, Metal46 said:

SA has had a great run. Still need alot of work at tackling hard nose football. This district is the toughest I've seen since 2003 

It just seems really tough cause there’s not that dominating team in the region this year all the teams are average or a little above average. 

• Thanks 1
  • Roll Eyes 1