District 10 AA D1

trueblue82

30 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I didn't get to see WH play this year .... but saw several snapshots from the Garrison game.  Their linemen look huge .... Garrison looked like a Jr High team size wise against them .....

They do have some big boys. They could definitely help themselves by visiting the weight room. Not sure the slot-t is the best offense for them. They don’t seem to have the quickness for it. But good kids that played hard and respected the game while fighting a losing battle. 

2 hours ago, Ramfanforever said:

Does anyone know where and who we will play

With District 9 still having a full slate of games this week. It’s probably best to wait until they get their playoff representatives nailed down before we start speculating on who plays who as well as where and when. We will post Playoff game information when it’s released by the schools. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:29 PM, BlahBlah said:

Just came across Twitter

West Hardin has forfeited to Shelbyville. This was a game postponed to the final week. West Hardin did not have enough players

Other than that, I don't blame them for forfeiting this game, WH is not competitive at all, the only game they won is the only game they have scored pts in, in the others, they got out scored by a average of 47 to zero per game.

• 2 months later...

Looks like we’re gonna have a 5 team district for 2021. 

Per Greg Tepper of Dave Campbell's Texas Football, West Hardin has informed the District 10-2A DI DEC that it will not compete in UIL football in 2021 and will play an outlaw schedule.

This drops District 10-2A DI to a five-team district: Garrison, Timpson, San Augustine, Joaquin and Shelbyville.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, trueblue82 said:

Looks like we’re gonna have a 5 team district for 2021. 

Per Greg Tepper of Dave Campbell's Texas Football, West Hardin has informed the District 10-2A DI DEC that it will not compete in UIL football in 2021 and will play an outlaw schedule.

This drops District 10-2A DI to a five-team district: Garrison, Timpson, San Augustine, Joaquin and Shelbyville.

Damn, I was looking forward to Kolmes and Hagar buying me a steak dinner before the Garrison vs WH game when I drove down that way this year ....

Garrison finally got it together with one of the youngest varsity teams in a long time. We are as talented as anyone with a lot of help size wise coming up.  I wouldn't count us out just yet.  Those youngsters got some good late season playing time in last season ... it will pay dividends this season ....

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Damn, I was looking forward to Kolmes and Hagar buying me a steak dinner before the Garrison vs WH game when I drove down that way this year ....

Based on what I’ve heard about WH’s stadium that might be a good trip not to make. 

1 hour ago, Ramfanforever said:

But At least it's close

I don't know, haven't been there that I can recall .... if it is anything like Tennyhaw's dump, I would have remembered it .... I still say, schools scheduled to play them should refuse to play them there until they provide adequate seating and accommodations  ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe we can get some SA or Timpson folks to weigh in. 

At least you don’t have to use a porta potty at Tenaha’s stadium.  WH’s field house is like a mile to the field.  I’m sure we had to pump our own water from the well.  

1 hour ago, TheWolf said:

At least you don’t have to use a porta potty at Tenaha’s stadium.  WH’s field house is like a mile to the field.  I’m sure we had to pump our own water from the well.  

But I’m given to understand that there are a couple of drinking establishments within a short drive, and the running clock gets you there several hours before closing time.