UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

On 3/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, bamaboy said:

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rolling in a hurry or you need to hire a black coach (I know you just had one).  There is a shortage of black coaches at every level and it is nothing short of a travesty.

Why not just hire the best, most qualified coach available, regardless of trivial things like the color of his skin? I know that’s a radical idea, but I I have confidence in the method. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, dillonpanthers said:

He appears to be busting his butt on social media, making his case for it. Being seen at everything 

I have no doubt that Pewitt will hire the best candidate for the job.  Pretty sure there isn't anyone guaranteed the job as this point.  It is great that York has stepped up his game.  I definitely agree that if you want the part you have to act like you already have it.  Somebody is going to get a great job.  Who wouldn't want to take over a program that just played at Jerrys world and is bringing back a TON of starters on both sides of the ball.  Going to be interesting to see who ends up with this one.

York is too young, never been a coordinator and jumps from job to job. He is definatley high visibility. Too bad his Twitter game is better than his teaching game. I remember the first stint he did here, he didnt teach his kids anything. I doubt anything changed. We need a defensive guy and let him bring a few coaches that will teach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they should hire @NATUREBOY98 for the HC/AD. 🤔🤪

Wait, nevermind. I saw him on the sidelines on the FSW broadcast of their SC game. Never have I seen a bigger Dufus patrolling the sidelines of a football game at any level. The opposing teams would definitely get amped up seeing him as the HC. I wouldn't want that for a storied & tradition rich program as Paul Pewitt. 

😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, runupthamiddle said:

York is too young, never been a coordinator and jumps from job to job. He is definatley high visibility. Too bad his Twitter game is better than his teaching game. I remember the first stint he did here, he didnt teach his kids anything. I doubt anything changed. We need a defensive guy and let him bring a few coaches that will teach. 

I won't debate anyone qualifications, I'm sure the district will do the work to find the right guy.  I was just responding to the posters who seemed to think it's already wrapped up for an inhouse hire.  I do not believe that is the case.  I see no reason for Pewitt not to test the waters and see what's out there.  Coach Kumrow is the only AD in as long as I can remember that came from within.  

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I hope you’re right. I’ve heard the opposite. I like what you have to say better. 

You probably heard someone connected to year 2 of his Overton stint.  The year after he took them 2 rounds deep in the playoffs and then had several starters quit before year 2 started.  Nashville Dosnt just hire anyone and he walked right in and took the DC job there.  Y’all made an excellent hire.  

• Stinks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt