The Smoakhouse Forums

1 hour ago, Sportsfan98 said:

was Kumrow the Head coach the year that y’all won state? If not what title did he hold that year

No. Coach Ronnie Bickham was the AD/HC from 91/92-00/01. Coach Kumrow was the OC those years. We were Wing T back then. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coach Strickland is a great coach and man.  I was told that someone put something on here about him.  I have not been on this site in many, many years.  I do not know if I have ever posted.  However,

Here is the truth of the matter...like it or not.  If you are interested in developing/continuing a successful program you either need to hire Kerry Strong from Big Sandy and get ready to start rollin

He won’t get it. Some board members got some good looking wives. 

Posted Images

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

No. Coach Ronnie Bickham was the AD/HC from 91/92-00/01. Coach Kumrow was the OC those years. We were Wing T back then. 

Seems like he’s seen a lot of success in his time at Pewitt. From what I can tell in this thread he’s been the HC there before, how did they do during those years and why did he step down/ get removed 

Just now, Sportsfan98 said:

Seems like he’s seen a lot of success in his time at Pewitt. From what I can tell in this thread he’s been the HC there before, how did they do during those years and why did he step down/ get removed 

He was AD/HC from 08/09-14/15. Seven years. Made playoffs each year. 2010 made it to semis. Lost to Idalou who won state. Last season was a train wreck. At one point, all 6 skill position starters were out with injury. Had a QB who never played QB out there. Made playoffs but with a 3-8 record. I admire loyalty and longevity. Some on the board back then did not. Supt at the time wanted his on man. Says volumes he was kept on. 3 times now. He’s as much Paul Pewitt as our mascot is. Still pretty good too. He was the man that called all the plays for the nations leading rushing attack. 

10 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@NATUREBOY98 how are summer workouts going?

Good I guess. Can’t get into this season. Got a feeling when school starts this covid bs will shut things down. Man I hate it for all the kids everywhere. So much uncertainty for them. All over hyped up bull💩 is really makes it rough. 

• Like 1

@NATUREBOY98, what's the scoop on Coach Nick York? He's the new OC at ND now under our new HC Harrell. 

If you don't wanna make it public, then just PM me, lol. 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

@NATUREBOY98, what's the scoop on Coach Nick York? He's the new OC at ND now under our new HC Harrell. 

Lol. Nah. Let him say it here. I have my opinion. Wanna see if it matches up with his. 

3 hours ago, TTman7 said:

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Lol. Nah. Let him say it here. I have my opinion. Wanna see if it matches up with his. 

Good guy. Wish him luck. I don’t know what EB is talking about. 

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Good guy. Wish him luck. I don’t know what EB is talking about. 

Nothing specific. Just wanted to hear your opinion. 

4 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Tried to snag that job at Pewitt and it didn’t work out for him so he moved on is what it seems to me.

Probably would have been awkward sticking around. 

37 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Good guy. Twitter game is strong. 

38 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Nothing specific. Just wanted to hear your opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Tried to snag that job at Pewitt and it didn’t work out for him so he moved on is what it seems to me.

A'ight...appreciate it. 

What position did he coach at PP? 

16 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

What’s your take on Strickland?

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What’s your take on Strickland?

I have never crossed paths with him personally. I remember the Overton people being heads over heels for him at one point years ago.